Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

I don't find it boring at all, but while melee classes are more engaging I just get tired of putting in so much work to get what I could get just spamming ER >_>. I'm dumbing it down a bit, but even though I have Fi and Hu at 50, I just can't justify the effort I have to put into playing them anymore. Sega is doing some balance changes in the coming weeks though, so we'll see what happens.

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

I think I'm the only one here that thinks hunter is actually just as good as the other classes but hey to each there own. I've never had a problem playing as it after I got a tree that wasn't shit.

Oh the class isn't hard to play as the game is now, the issue is the other classes do much more for less effort. And do it with more safely.

I never feel "inferior" or the game is biased towards me playing melee. Melee can be just as derp as Range users if you don't pigeon-hole yourself into being loyal to certain weapons and just take advantage of best PAs each weapon has to offer.

The sheer fact that you have to change weapons so readily makes them less derp ready than other classes and in fact only lends itself to the opening statement which was that "you have to work harder to get similar performance." The step attack vs gunner's flip or Fo/Te's mirage step is just as much a lolwut. No denying that melee is perfectly viable, but the work : payoff ratio isn't as favorable.
    Last edited by SociableTyrannosaur; Feb 10, 2013 at 07:51 AM.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Caster > Shooter > Melee

I also find that out of all the classes melee is the most gear reliant.

Also, pretty much every boss in this game is 90% anti melee.

If they move around a lot, melee is the one that has to chase them. If they have a lot of really big attacks that OHKO/stunlock you to death, melee is usually the only one that has to deal with these moves, every 5 seconds. and if there's a large group of monsters, melee is the one in the middle of it.

The difficulty when I'm playing on my techer compared to my fighter is like night and day. and my fighter has "LOL I'M AN ELITIST!!" gear.

Even if I can do 200k with a fully charged D-arch or AOE an entire mob with sonic aero/overend. It won't mean shit vs a FO that can spam zonde 8 times in a row from far away on top of a rock.

But the only thing that REALLY makes me bitter about it is the boss fights. But either way.. Yeah..

TL;DR there's a reason they're buffing the hunter classes and mentioned looking into MORE buffs and changes for the melee classes. And in general the game IS still easy. But I don't think it justifies the lack of balance. And a lot of things in general still feel, straight up cheap(probably to sell scapedolls) and close rangers have to put up with it a LOT.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Yeah the first time I fought the wolgy AKA black rockbear AKA lmaohunters I just laughed and laughed and laughed.

As a Force, all I had to do was hold S and cast the magic as it flails around like an idiot.

I watched my Ranger friend do the same thing.

"What is this, Backpedaling: The Game?"

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Yeah the first time I fought the wolgy AKA black rockbear AKA lmaohunters I just laughed and laughed and laughed.

As a Force, all I had to do was hold S and cast the magic as it flails around like an idiot.

I watched my Ranger friend do the same thing.

"What is this, Backpedaling: The Game?"
    Yeah like I said, I hate the unbalance the most when it comes to bosses...

But personally...

Wolga is the best example, the absolute most aggrivating miniboss to fight as a melee...

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

lol yeah, he's not the worst offender imo, but just the fact that you can move and attack at the same time while totally safe from harm vs the attack dodge attack dodge attack missstep go flying situation that hu/fi deal with is just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    Caster > Shooter > Melee

I also find that out of all the classes melee is the most gear reliant.

Also, pretty much every boss in this game is 90% anti melee.

If they move around a lot, melee is the one that has to chase them. If they have a lot of really big attacks that OHKO/stunlock you to death, melee is usually the only one that has to deal with these moves, every 5 seconds. and if there's a large group of monsters, melee is the one in the middle of it.

The difficulty when I'm playing on my techer compared to my fighter is like night and day. and my fighter has "LOL I'M AN ELITIST!!" gear.

Even if I can do 200k with a fully charged D-arch or AOE an entire mob with sonic aero/overend. It won't mean shit vs a FO that can spam zonde 8 times in a row from far away on top of a rock.

But the only thing that REALLY makes me bitter about it is the boss fights. But either way.. Yeah..

TL;DR there's a reason they're buffing the hunter classes and mentioned looking into MORE buffs and changes for the melee classes. And in general the game IS still easy. But I don't think it justifies the lack of balance. And a lot of things in general still feel, straight up cheap(probably to sell scapedolls) and close rangers have to put up with it a LOT.
    the thing is from what i read i dont think they understand what the problem is reguarding hunter inbalance if all they are doing is speeding up swords and WL. some of it i dont think is fixable without creating new enemies that are hunter friendly. sorta like what infinity did in reverse.(infinity added a bunch of anti hunter bosses but hunter still owned the old bosses)maybe if flash guard 1 and 2 werent so deep in the right side. automate halfline might be useful if there was a trait to boost the effectiveness of mates.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none