Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast

9 times out of 10, Sonic Arrow x 3 is all you need for trash mobs. It's not like you're going through 5 different weapon changes every mob encounter.
    You don't really need to use your brain a little until boss time comes but that goes for any class combo not named GU/RA. I mean if you want to kill them fast.

Defensive wise they have 2-3 different ways to just straight up neglect damage just as easily as Gunner's flip and while not as i-frame heavy as Mirage Escape, is a helluva more flexible.

The changes from results of the survey still has me scratching my head (should be more FI instead of HU stuff imo) but judging by the way most JPN melees roll in MPAs it's understandable where those complaints come from. These the same people who promoted Vol nerfs afterall.
    Last edited by Gen2000; Feb 10, 2013 at 08:25 AM.
    The Storm Is About To Rage
    Ship 9
    Male Human - HU65 | FI64 | BR65
    Female Newman - FO65 | HU40 | TE65 | FI65 | BR65 | RA33
    Female Cast - RA65 | GU65 | HU65 | BR47

I think what I'd do is allow full movement speed with a melee weapon out, and a slow walk during the PAs that now root you in place. Oh yeah and knockdown resistance. Then make Just Guard work in all directions.

"Oh Hunter sucks? Ok +5% damage boost on melee PAs" doesn't really change the situation.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    the thing is from what i read i dont think they understand what the problem is reguarding hunter inbalance if all they are doing is speeding up swords and WL. some of it i dont think is fixable without creating new enemies that are hunter friendly. sorta like what infinity did in reverse.(infinity added a bunch of anti hunter bosses but hunter still owned the old bosses)maybe if flash guard 1 and 2 werent so deep in the right side. automate halfline might be useful if there was a trait to boost the effectiveness of mates.
    Yeah personally I'd rather them create enemies that'd have range classes and casting classes suffer just as much. *_*

Also @gen2000 that's another problem.

melee has a lot of weapons but with both classes they only only have one really good weapon, and 1-2 PAs on said weapon that are the absolute most effective. Which is why it kind of rubs me the wrong way when they mostly keep buffing sword. when that's already the best melee weapon imo. (even if wabers have better DPS, Sword is more multi-purpose and lol sonic aero.) Why even give us 7 weapons when only 2-3 are worth using and STILL can't keep up with other classes without ultra gear and lots of effort. >_>

Personally I'm dying for them to make knuckles better... somewhere between the hitstop and the not-straight charge PAs feeling awkward.
    Last edited by NoiseHERO; Feb 10, 2013 at 08:32 AM.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpen Thingy View Post
    I think I'm the only one here that thinks hunter is actually just as good as the other classes but hey to each there own. I've never had a problem playing as it after I got a tree that wasn't shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by SociableTyrannosaur View Post
    Oh the class isn't hard to play as the game is now, the issue is the other classes do much more for less effort. And do it with more safely.
    I'm proud to be a Hunter. Even when people tell me I should switch because our damage output is so low, I think the class commands a little bit of respect because it IS challenging. Plus, it's fun as hell to be a Hunter and fight the enemy toe-to-toe. Been doing it for 10 years and not changing any time soon.

Still, I agree with SociableTyrannosaur. It's a little disconcerting when a Gunner/Ranger with a much lower level than mine can dwarf my DPS output from a lawn chair 30 feet away from the fight. I wish they would at least have to use Weak Bullet to outclass us damage-wise. :S
    I wrote an AC purchasing guide for JP PSO2 a long time ago. I don't play PSO2 anymore, but I still play Blue Burst sometimes. Maybe I'll catch you on there!

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImaDoctorJim View Post
    I'm proud to be a Hunter. Even when people tell me I should switch because our damage output is so low, I think the class commands a little bit of respect because it IS challenging. Plus, it's fun as hell to be a Hunter and fight the enemy toe-to-toe. Been doing it for 10 years and not changing any time soon.

Still, I agree with SociableTyrannosaur. It's a little disconcerting when a Gunner/Ranger with a much lower level than mine can dwarf my DPS output from a lawn chair 30 feet away from the fight. I wish they would at least have to use Weak Bullet to outclass us damage-wise. :S
    You should tell them to shut up! >O

Melee can still keep up, they just have to put up with annoyingly unfair/unjustifiable things compared to the other classes and depend on their gear for said damage.

I think the limit to how efficient you want to be should end at whatever you have fun with. Just because you play a gimped class doesn't mean you can't try your best with it as long as you have fun and we reach that last boss box before returning to the campship all the same.

BUT!!!! that doesn't mean the class is fine the way it is either. >_>

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Yeah I agree, ever since the later parts of PSU's life they seem to struggle to make a variety of melee PAs useful per weapon type. It's usually 1-2 stand out ones and the rest is for lulz.

And exactly, I don't know why they're buffing Swords even more. That's one of the melee weapons they got right. Meanwhile, Dagger users are still falling out of sky doing mediocre damage and there could be some Knuckle users who prefer not being close enough to give every single enemy a tic-tac for every PA not named Straight Charge (which is still beaten out by Partizan's Assault Buster in functionally since it's more closer to Bogga Zubba sad enough).
    The Storm Is About To Rage
    Ship 9
    Male Human - HU65 | FI64 | BR65
    Female Newman - FO65 | HU40 | TE65 | FI65 | BR65 | RA33
    Female Cast - RA65 | GU65 | HU65 | BR47

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    You should tell them to shut up! >O

Melee can still keep up, they just have to put up with annoyingly unfair/unjustifiable things compared to the other classes and depend on their gear for said damage.

I think the limit to how efficient you want to be should end at whatever you have fun with. Just because you play a gimped class doesn't mean you can't try your best with it as long as you have fun and we reach that last boss box before returning to the campship all the same.

BUT!!!! that doesn't mean the class is fine the way it is either. >_>
    You hit it on the head, brother. I use Gunslash as my primary melee weapon because I like that it's reminiscent of PSO1's Saber. Efficiency isn't everything, but Hunter isn't where it needs to be nonetheless.
    I wrote an AC purchasing guide for JP PSO2 a long time ago. I don't play PSO2 anymore, but I still play Blue Burst sometimes. Maybe I'll catch you on there!

Honestly, the melee classes output more or less the same, if not more, DPS than the ranged classes providing that you're using the general cookie cutter attacks (Sonic Arrow, Assault Buster and Deadly Archer), but the entire problem is pretty much that you have to get close. Although I'd say it's pretty obvious the ranged classes are better at bosses just because of Weak Bullet.

Nothing else is "wrong" with the melee classes, it's just that since everything in this game crumbles anyway, any ranged class can kill anything from afar.

Yea, I do believe that melee is severely hindered. It's not to say it's 'bad', but it has many more hurdles to jump over to be efficient than casters and rangers, who can nuke everything from a distance and/or completely wipe entire mobs on a whim.

i still love melee class more than range class
    range class all r boring for me. except Gu with awesome animation.