Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I got my first game console in 1993 as a Christmas present from my uncle (which is very uncharacteristic of him, considering that since then he has never given anyone a gift that costs more than $20); it was a SNES bundle with Super Mario All-Stars, Super Mario World, Vegas Stakes, and Super Play Action Football. Looking at it right now.

Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt.
    Coming Soon!

First game I owned? I think it was more like several learning games on the PC when I was a child, like Reader Rabbit 2, Commander Keen: Marooned on Mars, the non-Taito "edutainment" game Zoo Keeper on DOS, Midnight Rescue!... and several others. I think my parents wanted us to have safe & fun entertainment on the computer if we were to use it. Of course, that all changed when my uncle came a few years later and introduced Mortal Kombat and Wolfenstein 3D for DOS...

Sonic and something called Steel Talons for Genesis.

Quote Originally Posted by Retehi View Post
    Sonic and something called Steel Talons for Genesis.
    Oh man, Steel Talons. That game I rented cause OH MAN IT LOOKS LIKE THE FUTURE! That thing ran some kinda awful on the Genesis if I remember right. I think it was the same engine as Hard Drivin'.

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?

My first game would be Super Mario Bros in 1994. Sad to say that the NES was already beaten up but that thing game me just enough time to beat the game for the first time before it gave out.

My dad played quite a few old and new systems when I was a kid, and I believe my first game ever was this:
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Oh man, Steel Talons. That game I rented cause OH MAN IT LOOKS LIKE THE FUTURE! That thing ran some kinda awful on the Genesis if I remember right. I think it was the same engine as Hard Drivin'.
    Yeah, I thought it was amazing as a kid, then I played again a decade later and it's great if you wanna play something like Star Fox at 2 FPS.

My mom was a big fan of Super Mario Brothers, and Tetris, but my uncle from my dads side would bring over games, too. So it would have to be those, lol