Default Linux PSO2 Skype HELP :(

Ok i'm SERIOUSLY *bleep* at Microsoft and this is it. Fed up No more chances learn or fall behind in the gap.

Its a buncha whining crying and crap skip the spoiler and jump to the point if ya want.
    Spoiler!

Enough gibberish TL : DC

I need help finding a easy to use Noob friendly Idiot proof Worthy Linux OS that can work PSO2 and Skype. If i come across other issues i'll request assistance but for now i want what i want in a PC. FREEDOM and USAGE! I'll be booting via PSP's USB/SD card did it twice before worked nicely.

Please please please

Specs:
    4GB ram, AMD Phenom II X3 N830 processor (X3 = 3core) SUCKS!!
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD4250 Sucks!!
    320GB HDD (2nd one) GRRRR!!!
    Acer Nplify 802.11b/g/n

general usage:
    Gimp, PSO2, Skype, MSN, and a few games.
    Last edited by Meyfei; Feb 18, 2013 at 12:06 AM.

i managed to get skype to work on it, and PSO2 supposedly works in Wine but you gotta disable gameguard however too new to it so i havent tried that. Only issues im having is learning/know what to do, and audio drivers cause my sounds scratchy

Exclamation

I honestly havent had any Issues though it honestly sounds like your your is the problem & what Distro/ Version of Ubuntu are you using ( we might wanna start here ). I've tried out the benchmark tool & that seems to have worked well.

I saw AIDA post about Game guard which could be a possible factor but I really dont think so, there are a lot of games that don't give you shit about running Linux because it puts out Windows XP/7 when you run via Wine. Looking at WineHq, no one has tested it. I should try to get back with you on this after I try.

Quote Originally Posted by grandmasterhack View Post
    I honestly havent had any Issues though it honestly sounds like your your is the problem & what Distro/ Version of Ubuntu are you using ( we might wanna start here ). I've tried out the benchmark tool & that seems to have worked well.
    I saw AIDA post about Game guard which could be a possible factor but I really dont think so, there are a lot of games that don't give you shit about running Linux because it puts out Windows XP/7 when you run via Wine. Looking at WineHq, no one has tested it. I should try to get back with you on this after I try.
    The benchmark version of Phantasy Star Online 2 can run on distro using Wine.
    The issue is gameguard that need to directly access to hardware driver breaching the security policies of Linux distributions. SEGA of Japan if they wanted could look at crossplatform alternative like rewriting PSO2 code to support more than one system.
    Japanese PSO2 Character
    Aliyah Tulumba Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Finalzone View Post
    The benchmark version of Phantasy Star Online 2 can run on distro using Wine.
    The issue is gameguard that need to directly access to hardware driver breaching the security policies of Linux distributions. SEGA of Japan if they wanted could look at crossplatform alternative like rewriting PSO2 code to support more than one system.
    If it is accessing hardware drivers that's causing the issue then just use sudo or gksu but I still can't say if this is a fix for that since I have still not tried lol. OP should really post his specs & what distro he is using.
    Last edited by grandmasterhack; Jun 3, 2013 at 01:15 AM. Reason: grammar issues