Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2936373839404142 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    It won't be three years of the announcement until July, the delay was announced on march 2013, so yeah, it will be two years without any news on march.

And if you are not interested in a thread, don't click it.
    @SEGA Twitter

@Japan_Game_Love PSO2 is still delayed. SEGA is currently working on bringing PSO2 to the West and will update as soon as we know more.
    19:42 - 3. Sep. 2014
    cant link the tweet

I meant "new" news. They have been repeating the same sentence for almost two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Afin View Post
    I don't normally comment on things like this, since it's really not my place and I hate all the hostility, but I have to take umbrage with some of the comments here.

I play on the JP servers and I'll continue to do so, even if they ever release an english version. I'd take the quicker updates, events, etc, over 100% translation any day.

With that said, I can understand why there are people out there hoping to play an EN version of the game. If I'm being perfectly honest, I'd rather not have it released in fear of being locked out of the JP servers and forced to play the EN servers. That's my opinion/concern.

There's nothing wrong with hoping for an english release, especially if SEGA has expressed interest in doing so themselves -- delays or no delays. You can correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall they've been on and off about bringing the game to the west. Clearly a petition would show SEGA that there are many (or, alternatively, not so many) still interested in localization. I really don't see the 'entitlement' that some of you are crowing over. There are certain games that I wish were released in english (PSP2:I to name one), but by no means do I feel that I'm entitled to an english version.

Kudos to those who entered this thread and calmly expressed their opinion without name-calling or going into a diatribe about nationality and entitlement.
    Thank you for your understanding, Afin.

That guy earlier was right. Youre all a bunch of whiny entitled kids who expect everything to be catered to you. Typical Americans.

Yeah SEGA announced it would come here, but obviously thats not happening anymore. So all your "petitions" and "social media justice" warriors are stupid.

I didnt comment in this thread until now because I felt like that guy's reply was out of line.
    As far as being "entitled", I'm not entitled to anything. You keep saying that I'm a whiny kid, however, that's not what this petition is about. I'm out of line? I'm pretty sure the "PSO2 JP Master- Race" people are out of line by demanding that we forget about the localization and try to join a server that most can not get access to. If you have actually read my previous posts, you would have known this. *sigh* Repeating myself again here... this was not my doing, this was the doing of all the people here who have contributed, who still have concerns left unanswered. It's not about asking for the localization, because SEGA has said numerous times that it is still coming... It is about clarification. Will this speed things up? Probably not, however, it will put a lot of players minds at ease, depending on WHAT and IF SEGA shares anything with us. Edward, I heard, has probably left, or has been let go from SEGA, which is why they haven’t updated anything on their official blog in quite some time. As I’ve said before, including other forums, I’m done. You guys now have something to contribute to, in hopes that we might get a response soon rather than later.
    "No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." -- Albert Einstein

"I wasn't born a troll... SEGA & the knee-jerks at pso-world.com made me this way." - pso2love

If people want PSO2 over in USA/EU I don't see a problem. Asking sega doesn't make people who are curious entitled brats.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

So I just wanted to update by saying, that there is no more block on JP. I can now connect again if I wanted to w/o the use of VPN, however, I am still waiting for the localization.
    "No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." -- Albert Einstein

"I wasn't born a troll... SEGA & the knee-jerks at pso-world.com made me this way." - pso2love

Quote Originally Posted by pso2love View Post
    So I just wanted to update by saying, that there is no more block on JP. I can now connect again if I wanted to w/o the use of VPN, however, I am still waiting for the localization.
    I say power to you and hopefully that wait isn't fruitless good luck on your wait and there is no shame if you decide that you waited long enough and stop.

There was never a IP block, it was a routing issue that some ISP had problem with their route, which change depending on the ISP.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    There was never a IP block, it was a routing issue that some ISP had problem with their route, which change depending on the ISP.
    Did I say "IP Block"? *sigh* It's a block of any kind if it doesn't allow you access. Please, learn to read before posting. It will save time and not clog up threads with having to repeat one's self.
    No, it was SEGA who allowed their new IP's to route to other ISP's that un-blocked access. if you read my previous posts (which you didn't), I stated that my ISP replied that they did NOT block IP's... they never received the new IP's from SEGA.
    Last edited by pso2love; Jan 19, 2015 at 01:13 PM.

Did I say "IP Block"? *sigh* It's a block of any kind if it doesn't allow you access. Please, learn to read before posting. It will save time and not clog up threads with having to repeat one's self.
    No, it was SEGA who allowed their new IP's to route to other ISP's that un-blocked access. if you read my previous posts (which you didn't), I stated that my ISP replied that they did NOT block IP's... they never received the new IP's from SEGA.
    The IP is controled by Yahoo Japan, not Sega, Sega switched from Amazon Japan to yahoo Japan who didn't broadcast their ip to all route, which resulted in 60% of known route not able to access.

Some ISP switched their route, and can now access it, which still has nothing to do with Sega.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    The IP is controled by Yahoo Japan, not Sega, Sega switched from Amazon Japan to yahoo Japan who didn't broadcast their ip to all route, which resulted in 60% of known route not able to access.

Some ISP switched their route, and can now access it, which still has nothing to do with Sega.
    Links would have been nice, but in all honesty, at this point, does it really matter?
    I was just confirming that the block is no longer there. This doesn't affect me at all. Those who will play on JP, will play on JP. And those who choose to wait for localization, well, there you go. Excuse me for wanting to talk on my own thread. But hey, this is pso-world after all.