Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NightfallG View Post
    What makes you think a company that's incredibly incompetent and big on their own ego will respond to you, the customer who they think owes them just for making the game? Sega hasn't had good business sense or any care about customers since the Genesis days (!).
    First of all, they don't OWE me/us anything. Yes, I said things that sounded that way in the past, however, I realized now that is not the way to go about things. This petition is a group effort. I am not speaking for everybody. What few fans helped pitch in, were able to revise and help clarify the petition to address the main point, which is "we just want an update on the current progress", not asking for much. If SEGA are able and willing to address the other questions mentioned, that's geat. If not, no biggie. The fact that there is support behind this, by the fans, show that we really are in unison. We don't want to attack SEGA. There is so much of that on the Blogs, forums and Facebook wall already, so we are asking those who sign remember this.

Second, there are legitimate reasons for wanting them to succeed with PSO2 west... you can actually read them in the comments section of the petition. Some of which are:

Most, including my own friends, do not want to jump through hoops to register a SEGA ID in Japanese, and download the unofficial english patch, only to find out that they can't enjoy the storyline because the patch is unable to translate it, as well as some items. There are also some players who feel the price of Arks Cash in Japan is a little bit too expensive for western players.

At this point, the petition is set. We aren't revising it anymore. However, getting it translated in Japanese, and getting more signers is now top priority.
    Last edited by pso2love; Feb 24, 2013 at 06:13 PM.

I cant believe there are people in this community that are reacting negatively to this. Sega has been completely ignoring their fanbase (what else is new) and yes if they want our business they do owe an explanation so this needs to be supported and we need to be informed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipsed57 View Post
    I cant believe there are people in this community that are reacting negatively to this. Sega has been completely ignoring their fanbase (what else is new) and yes if they want our business they do owe an explanation so this needs to be supported and we need to be informed.
    I can't believe there are people in this community who act like complete jackasses when they see this petition.
    Wait.
    This is the Internet. Nevermind.
    Still, there would be no harm in taking a minute out of there forum browsing days to sign a bit of paper for PSO2 West. If they want to stay on JP, fine. Don't give us attitude just because we want the game localized, and try helping us too.

P.layer K.iller K.iller Alucadra's Avatar

To be fair I think its a bit concerning when they say "early 2013" like a week after JP release but 2 months into 2013 they haven't said a peep? Normally games are given a release date 1-2 months prior to release so... If they're really going to take all the way to June-July to get this released that's pretty disappointing. They don't have to give us exacts but like small updates here and there on twitter or facebook like "finished lvl1-10 translations today, will start on 11-20 tomorrow!" or SOMETHING would be acceptable. Not saying anything and leaving the community in the dark? That's really bad PR.

I've gone ahead and signed this petition because I believe in Phantasy Star and Sega. I hope they come around and announce something soon before all that's left are the super hardcore PSO fans. Wasn't going free to play their gateway into getting more people to try the game? I'm surprised they don't realize if there's no updates on the game the hype train is going to die and a lot of people will genuinely lose interest in it completely. So when they do release it in the West some people might completely pass it by just because they haven't heard anything about it for almost half a year.
    Last edited by Alucadra; Feb 24, 2013 at 05:18 PM.

"Early 2013" lasts until pretty much the first day of summer, and many companies make sure to use exactly that allotment of time.

Which is it? Is it "Early 2013" or "2013"? SEGA needs to be more clear, because if it is "2013", then they lied to the fans at pso-world.com.

In the words of the Admin, Tomeeboy:

We posted the exact press release that was relayed to us by SEGA, and it did say "Early 2013."

http://www.pso-world.com/news/02455-...ease-pso2-2013
    Last edited by pso2love; Feb 24, 2013 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pso2love View Post
    Which is it? Is it "Early 2013" or "2013"? SEGA needs to be more clear, because if it is "2013", then they lied to the fans at pso-world.com.

In the words of the Admin, Tomeeboy:

We posted the exact press release that was relayed to us by SEGA, and it did say "Early 2013."

http://www.pso-world.com/news/02455-...ease-pso2-2013
    Official announcement from Sega. No other news on the site either.
    http://www.sega.com/news/?n=5722

i feel that the more sega delays the release of US ver the more redundant it will be. More and more english players are coming in JP and I kinda believe most if not all hardcore fans are already in here. Unless everyone here is moving over , most probably many players there are like new to PS series and are trying out , not that it is bad.Being an mmo player for many years i also feel in any release the first bunch of players in the first few months are probably the most fun to play with...next being mostly kiddies trols or gold spammers and i think tt first generation players are in jp already

Also if it gets delayed any longer it will be overshadowed by upcoming titles like Final Fantasy XIV , Blade and Soul etc

Well this is just my personal opinion

Photon Martial Artist DjDragoon's Avatar

Signed it! Anything is worth a shot and it only took me 20 seconds to sign. Hope it works!
    Photon Martial Artist

FML... I'm staying on JP server.. out of fear of NA taking forever to get updates and then shutting down servers way before JP even consider it.