Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Which Parter Cards do you typically use?

We all know NPCs can't do nearly as much as a real player, but do you still take them mainly for the extra damage they dish out?

If not, what else do you look for?

If you just like that particular player/character and want to give them FUN points or just enjoy having them around, do you ever wish they had set up their class combination differently?

Assume you had a large list of NPCs to choose from who all have every single class maxed out. What kind of party would you form?

It just gets me thinking whenever I see an AI FO/FI doing negligible damage and a GU/RA being fairly useless outside of the occasional misplaced Weak Bullet.

Would you take a RA/TE NPC purely for support? A bunch of melee to hitstun mobs? Or just try to gain favor with Lisa in hopes that she won't eventually kill you?

I am making my own alt character to use as a my exclusive almost always with my partner. I generally use my friend cards.

I normally use NPCs so larger swarms of enemies appear or to draw some attacks away from me. As for the ones I pick to take with me I just pick 3 from my Friend List or non-friend NPCs to improve their happiness. I don't really care about the class of the character. The FUN points are also a nice bonus

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Cornelia, JOE, Farrid, Lorilae, Serizawa (Wayu)

All player characters. I don't have Revelle or Furie unlocked yet, or I'd use those too.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessRed View Post
    I am making my own alt character to use as a my exclusive almost always with my partner. I generally use my friend cards.
    Which class did you decide to make for that purpose? Did you choose simply because it's a different class than your main that you always wanted to try? Or specifically to help your main class in some way?

I normally run solo. NPCs tend to screw everything up.
    Ship 02

Community Manager Cyron Tanryoku's Avatar

No one uses Cyron

She's creepy

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher106 View Post
    I normally run solo. NPCs tend to screw everything up.
    How so? Knockback/knockdown/repositioning (WL, Zondeel), or bad weak bullets?

What if you had a friend who went totally unarmed and only buffed and healed you? Would that screw everything up for you? (I'm legitimately curious, this is not rhetorical)

I tend to be roleplaying in my head when i'm doing that, so whoever suits the moment, with their idioms in check; For instance, I only take zeno and echo if both are going, barring a quest which requires me to take one and only one. I usually take alfin, because he's the protagonist's pard. I only take lisa if everyone else is a ranger.

etc, etc.

I use Alfin, Jean, Lisa cuz WB's
    Or a waifu squad of assorted kawaiis that have varying levels and abilities, the most useful ability being to brighten my day by having the best looking characters in the game. *_*

Also, 3 NPC's is better than being solo, least you get a bit more spawns.
    UNHAND ME THIS INSTANT! D<