Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1

    Default Even when Phantasy Star Zero will continue with online mode?

    Sometimes I think about it. Lately the number of players in Phantasy Star Zero is an average of 3/4 players per day [tested this in 2 weeks] and usually japanese people. For a DS game, for sure there is still a small demand.

    But there are several other DS games that nobody plays for months or even years in online mode [Luminous Arc 1, Contact to example a few]. PS0 will continue even when the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection go offline someday?

  2. #2
    [゚д゚] < ナカソネティーチャー Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Not the Satellite of Love
    Posts
    7,102

    Default

    When Nintendo ends the service, that's it for Zero. That doesn't mean you won't be able to play by yourself or with other people locally though.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    When Nintendo ends the service, that's it for Zero. That doesn't mean you won't be able to play by yourself or with other people locally though.
    Yes. But i wondering when this will happen? 2014/15 i guess?

  4. #4

    Default

    Doesn't the 3DS have the same basic infrastructure when it comes to online gaming. If so; then PS0 is not completely dead when it comes to online gaming since you can play the game on the 3DS.

  5. #5
    [゚д゚] < ナカソネティーチャー Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Not the Satellite of Love
    Posts
    7,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyleo View Post
    Doesn't the 3DS have the same basic infrastructure when it comes to online gaming. If so; then PS0 is not completely dead when it comes to online gaming since you can play the game on the 3DS.
    It may. I honestly don't know. Nintendo has very good legacy support but even that has to come to an end sometime. What'll probably happen is that as more and more people stop using WEP on their routers, service will come to a defacto end.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    It may. I honestly don't know. Nintendo has very good legacy support but even that has to come to an end sometime. What'll probably happen is that as more and more people stop using WEP on their routers, service will come to a defacto end.
    This was really the big killer for me, the encryption. I'd have been all over it with WPA2.

    I'm hoping they'll eventually churn out a sequel for the 3DS, with updated encryption options. I'd quite like seeing an amped up PS0.2 or something, but it seems like all their manpower is going into PSO2.

    Also the ability to just create a local server that can be joined by friends by putting in the IP manually would be amazing (and something I really want for a lot of games), but I really really doubt that would ever happen.

  7. #7

    Default

    This encryption thing really sucks :/ I have never played any DS game online cos my encryption is WPA2. There's still the AOSS support, but my router doesn't have it xD I guess Nintendo signed the closing of the WFC on DSP to DSi when they made it compatible mostly to WEP on times that WPA already existed (for what I've been reading, it existed already xDD). I can't say much though, I don't know almost anyone that has a DS or even a 3DS e_e I know a girl, but she only plays Pokémon... I guess these things are better with friends :/

  8. #8

    Default

    Yeah, I guess that's one thankful thing about Zero servers. They must have very little resource to maintain so nobody is thinking about shutting them down, right now.

    Would be funny, if the server was being run on some old Pentium computer lost somewhere in Nintendo's basement. Simple, but steady and rock-solid.

    The WEP thing was what ultimately stopped me from using a number of online functions from DS games. Including DQ9, as it's been a while since I could use the DQVC.
    PSO2 Character information:

    Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    Yeah, I guess that's one thankful thing about Zero servers. They must have very little resource to maintain so nobody is thinking about shutting them down, right now.

    Would be funny, if the server was being run on some old Pentium computer lost somewhere in Nintendo's basement. Simple, but steady and rock-solid.

    The WEP thing was what ultimately stopped me from using a number of online functions from DS games. Including DQ9, as it's been a while since I could use the DQVC.
    That would be lovely! If we are lucky Sega will give us a PS0 2 for the 3DS. I actually like that idea. I love PS0, and still play it to this day. Sega did something right with Zero that they didn't do with PSP2, because I have little desire to ever play PSP2.

    Sega has been kind of iffy lately. They seem to really be focusing on Japan right now, but I heard that they are having financial problems, so I guess it is understandable. I just feel kinda forgotten sometimes. I wish they would give us a release window for PSO2 while we wait for another possible PSZ 2 for 3DS or whatever system they put it out on.

    Heheh... The Dream Cast Portable.. In some parallel world.

  10. #10
    HuNewm At It's Finest! Daixsue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Man, PSZ (updated) on the 3DS would be great - v-..

    I mean, the game works well on the system, and the 3DS has the graphical capabilities simular to a PSP, WIFI is also more user friendly/ accesible for 3DS games.
    Interested in finding some fellow PSZ friends? Then try out:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197069

    Give me a shout out! (Daixsue Co-Leader of the acclaimed Chato Guild!)

    FC-2194-3652-5867 Nickname

Similar Threads

  1. Phantasy Star Zero DS - With Wifi Multiplay
    By Toadthroat in forum Phantasy Star Zero
    Replies: 403
    Last Post: Oct 1, 2008, 04:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •