Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Play station 4

Default Play station 4

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=18554243

Anyone going to get it? On the 1st day?

Way too early to even start thinking about it, really. They had a lot of interesting stuff to show and a lot of proposed neat ideas and integration with Gaikai, but price range is still a pretty big factor and the only game I was really interested in was watch_dogs (which since it's Ubisoft, will be on PC at some point anyway since they LOOOOOVE spreading their titles around.)

To make me buy a PS4, they'd have to show me a LOT of experiences I could ONLY have on PS4, as I've decided that I really don't care about consoles anymore and am sticking to PC.

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?

PS Vita 2.
    No way would I even consider getting this.

The social media integration has some potential, but I don't think it'll change much in the way of the actual way you play games. When you get past the bells and whistles, it's looking a lot like PS3 with better graphics, which isn't enough to pull me back into the console market. It's indeed too early to judge but I've yet to see anything that makes me want to change being a PC gamer.

Nope, still things i want to get done on the consoles i have.
    I think i´m gonna get a Wii U before any other next generation consoles.

I mean i have even got a bloody Vita, but i haven´t even used it yet and that were like 2 months ago..HOLY F. >.>
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

i have been big os streaming and Competitive games as of late, so i love those features in it. (i dont have cable, so i literally watch Twitch.tv instead). this is the FIRST sony console i have every been hyped for before release, but with that said, i need to see what 360 brings to the table, because i have long standing friends from PSOX that i still talk to regularly

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    To make me buy a PS4, they'd have to show me a LOT of experiences I could ONLY have on PS4, as I've decided that I really don't care about consoles anymore and am sticking to PC.
    Pretty much this. I like the hardware and the social integration, but the software is lacking. Going to stay WiiU+PC.

The tech they're baking into the platform is pretty neat, but it would have been nice to see more games that actually required that updated hardware.

E3 should be pretty interesting, at least.

Sounds interesting, but I'll look at it again further down the line. Currently from what I've seen of it, it's not that big of a step from the PS3. So I'm fine on that front.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

They showed some interesting new features - like always recording your gameplay, being able to share video and screenshots, and streaming online built into the system. The new controller looks like a massive improvement over the tried-and-still-horrible-a-decade-and-a-half-later DualShock design. I'm interested in what the touchpad can actually bring into gaming, assuming it could be used and reached commonly and comfortably - especially for things like shooters, considering how much speed and accuracy a touchscreen brings to things like Kid Icarus: Uprising, compared to a stick.

I'm skeptical about the Gaikai stuff working out though. Just a little bit of input lag in anything at something other than a plodding pace in a game can quickly turn it from a solid experience, into an unplayable mess, and do we really expect them to be able to be better than that? Granted, I haven't actually tried services like Gaikai and OnLive, but they just seem like things that, with current internet technology and adoption rates, are completely unfeasible for gaming right now.

It doesn't help that it's their plan for playing PS3 games on the thing, but I would hope that it could at least run PSX and PS2 emulators at full-speed...

Quote Originally Posted by ANIMEniac View Post
    i have been big os streaming and Competitive games as of late, so i love those features in it. (i dont have cable, so i literally watch Twitch.tv instead). this is the FIRST sony console i have every been hyped for before release, but with that said, i need to see what 360 brings to the table, because i have long standing friends from PSOX that i still talk to regularly
    If the leaked documents and information are approximately-accurate, you can expect the next Xbox to match or beat basically all of the new PlayStation 4 features shown, outside of graphical horsepower (assuming, of course, that Sony actually delivers on them).

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."