Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Play station 4

Um... what is the point of putting a trackpad on the controller, exactly?

It doesn't seem to offer any input options that aren't covered by analogs or buttons.
    Coming Soon!

Vaguely effeminite DS/Dice weilding Mac using Vamp Wyndham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randomness View Post
    Um... what is the point of putting a trackpad on the controller, exactly?

It doesn't seem to offer any input options that aren't covered by analogs or buttons.
    That confused me too.
    My sig disappeared.

The Vita will work in conjunction with the new console and function as a controller.
    How are they going to standardize content to accommodate both the Vita and DS4? I mean, the Vita only has two shoulder buttons whereas the DS4 has two shoulders and two triggers... so you're either not going to be able to use your triggers comfortably (a reason why I don't play PS games on the PSP), or games which are designed with the Vita as a controller in mind will be gimped by ignoring two of the most often used face buttons.

At any rate, they're going to have to do better than this if they want my attention. Considering the cost to develop games last generation, amping up the graphics fidelity is only going to cause production costs to increase as well. This means the push for multi-platform sales to maximize profit will continue much as it has last generation... if not to an even greater degree. (especially if it's easier to develop for, which going with x86 architecture seems to indicate) Since I can count on one hand the number of exclusives and core PS exclusive franchises that I'm even remotely interested in, I see no reason why I should buy one when a PC and Xbox-Next combo is looking to serve me just as well next generation as it did last generation.

PS4 is going to be a big hit in Japan, but with Japan becoming increasingly more marginalized and irrelevant in the West, I don't see them as serious competition for Microsoft over here... and certainly not for me.

... unless they can somehow wrangle PS4 exclusivity out of Atlus.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinue_v2 View Post

... unless they can somehow wrangle PS4 exclusivity out of Atlus.
    What are the odds of that?
    Coming Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Randomness View Post
    What are the odds of that?
    • Persona 1 and 2 on PS1.
    • Persona 3, Fes and Persona 4 on PS2.
    • Persona 3 Fes on PS3 via PSN.
    • Persona 1, Persona 2 and P3P on PSP.
    • Persona 4 Golden on Vita.

That's just with the Persona games, but pretty much that series, minus the spinoff Persona 4 Arena, were Sony exclusive.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Persona 5 is in the making though.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshiblue View Post
    Persona 5 is in the making though.
    Albeit still in development. They never gave out information on which console it'll be on.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

I'll pre-order 2 and sell one.

I'll make no decisions until they give us a price, and even if I do I'll wait till some games are already out for it, since the price will probably drop by the time the ones I want come out.