Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

They are long range dps-mob killers. All around class. I dont think gunners are as long range . Their ability to target even far away weakpoints without having to worry much about orientation makes them very good at dps.

Dont you dare underestimate small mob killing. For every rare hunting session, most of the time is spent killing the small mobs and only a small fraction is used on killing the boss. You save the group a LOT of time.

Played every class to 40+ multiple times. I still don't see any really good reason to play melee, aside from if you enjoy melee or a more difficult playstyle. Melee AOE and single target damage are both nowhere near as easy to achieve as other classes.

Ranger/Gunner is generally hailed as a boss killer, although I personally find that Forces can be very effective too. Weak Bullet is essential and helps govern groups, directing the group's attacks towards a single point.

I'd honestly say that Force is the all around most useful class. They have a large variety of spells for all kinds of situations, some with infinite range. They can take advantage of enemy elemental weaknesses, as well as randomly applying effective debuffs. They have the best AOE and several support spells. Be warned that they start out kind of slow, but once you max everything out, they are extremely powerful. I don't know if other classes are capable of doing it, but Forces can easily solo Time Attacks on Very Hard in a relatively short time.

Techer is basically a weaker Force. I think people are generally still unclear about its purpose. It seems to be primarily used as a sub-class.

Gear-wise (and mag-wise), Ranger/Gunner seems to be the easiest to get good equipment for, by far. Force/Techer is so-so. I'm still having trouble gearing my main Hunter/Fighter.

Edit: Forgot to mention that many people like to sub Fighters for the stance damage boosts. Hunter is not as effective because their stance only affects melee and ranged, not spell damage.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Feb 24, 2013 at 05:59 AM.

Force is like Sangoku, while us hunters, rangers, fighters etc are like Tenshinhan/Krilin/Piccolo, ok? Only Gunner/Ranger is Vegeta. Got it?
    PSO2 class balance in a nutshell.
    Last edited by starwhisper; Feb 24, 2013 at 09:23 AM.

Indeed. It would not be so bad if forces required any skill to play, but it's the only class that requires absolutely NO skill to play (just check any video posted or the sheer amount of people playing the class online). When a class is 0% skill, 100% gear, and does virtually the highest average damage, you know the class balance was done by SEGA.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    Indeed. It would not be so bad if forces required any skill to play, but it's the only class that requires absolutely NO skill to play (just check any video posted or the sheer amount of people playing the class online). When a class is 0% skill, 100% gear, and does virtually the highest average damage, you know the class balance was done by SEGA.
    Eh. I wouldn't say it requires 0% skill, but it definitely requires a lot less than ranger/gunner or force/techer.

I know everyone here is pretty much saying forces are OP etc, so can someone please tell me what I must be doing wrong.

My force is level 47 currently, and my subclass is techer at 24. Every boss/mini boss in the game one shots me, and most normal enemies can either one shot me or almost one shot me. In terms of damage, My foie for example will do maybe 600-700 damage, while gifoie doing around 300s. But I saw that video and he is doing 1300s. How can it even be that strong. My weapons are not bad, my spells are capped at 14, I'm using the current best force armor and my skill trees aren't bad either. I've got 10/10 on most spell power increase things.
    In addition, after about 4 or 5 spells my PP is completely gone and I have to sit back doing nothing for ages because I physically do spells. To cut it short, I'm literally having to do equally as much melee attacks as I do magic attacks, and a force should not have to do that. On my techer I have went straight to the PP revival thing or whatever it's called. It's not level 10 yet but I'm working on it. Despite me having these types of things my PP still runs out. I've even had people say "do something" in the game purely because I'm having to wait for my PP to regenerate sometimes and I simply cannot help it.
    -PSO2 Character-
    Name: ナユキ
    Hu: 71 Fi: 75 Ra: 70 Gu: 75 Fo: 75 Te: 75 Br: 75 Bo: 70
    Race: Newman
    Ship 2

Quote Originally Posted by fay View Post
    I know everyone here is pretty much saying forces are OP etc, so can someone please tell me what I must be doing wrong.

My force is level 47 currently, and my subclass is techer at 24. Every boss/mini boss in the game one shots me, and most normal enemies can either one shot me or almost one shot me. In terms of damage, My foie for example will do maybe 600-700 damage, while gifoie doing around 300s. But I saw that video and he is doing 1300s. How can it even be that strong. My weapons are not bad, my spells are capped at 14, I'm using the current best force armor and my skill trees aren't bad either. I've got 10/10 on most spell power increase things.
    In addition, after about 4 or 5 spells my PP is completely gone and I have to sit back doing nothing for ages because I physically do spells. To cut it short, I'm literally having to do equally as much melee attacks as I do magic attacks, and a force should not have to do that. On my techer I have went straight to the PP revival thing or whatever it's called. It's not level 10 yet but I'm working on it. Despite me having these types of things my PP still runs out. I've even had people say "do something" in the game purely because I'm having to wait for my PP to regenerate sometimes and I simply cannot help it.
    What's your equip and ability and skill build?
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!
    Uh-huh
    Force! huh-yeah

XD

{Theme: Infinite Legends}
    RadiantAim: When did you get here?
    LegendAim: Wow he actually leveled him
    LordAim: Hai gaiz

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Use cards for PP, or rods if you're close. Focus on on your techer subjob and get both the PP recovery skills.
    As for the damage, I think he just has insane equipment. None of my classes do nearly that much damage. Your numbers do seem a little too low though. Could I see your skill trees? If those are fine, it might be your equipment. Get that 10* card from the spell stone shop, or grind up a 5 or 6* weapon to 10 (should be fairly easy, and the damage is worth it). Affixing may solve your problem, but I know a bit more than nothing about it.
    For your armor... Are they grinded? You should be fairly survivable with grinded force armor, especially since you say yours is the best. I don't want to say it's because you're a newman, but that's the only thing I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by fay View Post

- Techer has 2 pp skills to look for. PP convert which sacrifices HP for PP regen and is an activatable ability that goes to 10/10. PP regen rate should be 10/10.
    - Might be missing PP charge revival from Fire Tree on Force. ( This allows for PP regen while charging attacks)
    - Charge attacks and go for Just Attacks. Don't go in haste.
    - Best gear is affixed with Tech3/(Wolga, Ragne, or Elder)Soul/Abil3, Maybe additional stamina boost
    - Also Forces are not geared towards taking hits so it is normal to be one shotted. The reliance is the dodge.
    - If you do run of pp from all this, use gunslash and go gun mode for some extra regen.