Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    What's your equip and ability and skill build?
    For defense, I'm using the set of purple wings. 8/10, 8/10, 9/10
    For attack I'm using a Lambda Garland +4. < Granted this isn't the strongest thing but I refuse to believe that's holding me back about 75% damage
    Force Skill tree things I have are:
    T Attack boost 1 10/10
    Flame mastery 5/10
    flame tech s charge 5/10
    Tech charge advance 10/10
    charge PP revival 1/1
    Tech charge advance 2 4/10
    Ice mastery 5/10
    Freeze ignition 5/10 < only got this because I had to for photon flare
    Photon Flare 6/10
    PP boost 1 3/10

For techer:
    Tech attack boost 1 3/10
    shift advance 3/10
    Deband advance 3/10
    wand gear 1/1
    Light mastery 5/10 < only because I had to get it for PP restore
    Resta advance 5/10 < only because I had to get it for PP restore
    PP restore 1 3/10
    -PSO2 Character-
    Name: ナユキ
    Hu: 71 Fi: 75 Ra: 70 Gu: 75 Fo: 75 Te: 75 Br: 75 Bo: 70
    Race: Newman
    Ship 2

Quote Originally Posted by Scale of Judgment View Post
    - Techer has 2 pp skills to look for. PP convert which sacrifices HP for PP regen and is an activatable ability that goes to 10/10. PP regen rate should be 10/10.
    - Might be missing PP charge revival from Fire Tree on Force. ( This allows for PP regen while charging attacks)
    - Charge attacks and go for Just Attacks. Don't go in haste.
    - Best gear is affixed with Tech3/(Wolga, Ragne, or Elder)Soul/Abil3, Maybe additional stamina boost
    - Also Forces are not geared towards taking hits so it is normal to be one shotted. The reliance is the dodge.
    - If you do run of pp from all this, use gunslash and go gun mode for some extra regen.
    See, i was looking at the PP conversion skill. I went against it though because I figured I can't afford to loose HP with the rate I die at. Is it definitely something worth getting?
    -PSO2 Character-
    Name: ナユキ
    Hu: 71 Fi: 75 Ra: 70 Gu: 75 Fo: 75 Te: 75 Br: 75 Bo: 70
    Race: Newman
    Ship 2

Force can be played effectively without much skill, but with skill they can be brutal. It doesn't mean the people who play Force don't have skill, it just means Force is easy to play.

I consider this the "base" build necessary to make a good Force:
    http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...O7dI2J24Q50007

It increases general damage and you'll rarely run out of PP. You can branch out and do whatever after you get those points.

I originally put points in TATK and regretted it. The reason people don't put points into skills that give stats is because you can always get stats via mag or equipment, but the benefits of your class skill tree are unique and often multiply your existing stats.

For equipment, you could either buy a Red Staff or hope for an Elder Rod. Grind the Elder Rod to +10 and try to at least get +50 TATK affixes on it (Ragne/Elder/Wolga Soul, Technic 1-3 and/or Mutation). If you have huge amounts of money, slap Boost affixes on everything. If not, then simply a soul + technic would suffice. For Mag, try to get at least 100 TATK and at least 20 DEX/ABILITY. Your character should end up with a total of around 1800 TATK or higher.

Forces can get killed very quickly, but if you play well, you'll rarely get hit. My main Force now has the Snow Banther set at +10 (1003 SDEF) and can take around 2 - 4 hits from high level bosses before dying.

Edit: Sorry, several replies were posted while I was writing. Regarding PP Convert, there are situations where you may die because of the less HP, but if you simply play carefully while it's up, it's not a problem. Otherwise it is an AMAZING skill and I regret not getting it sooner. You don't need more than 3 points in it for it to be effective, although if you max out the fire charge reduction skill, you may find that it's possible to (briefly) run out of PP during PP Convert.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Feb 24, 2013 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fay View Post
    See, i was looking at the PP conversion skill. I went against it though because I figured I can't afford to loose HP with the rate I die at. Is it definitely something worth getting?
    That's up to you, it's like a quick Photon Blast, I don't use it that often unless I'm playing with Fire tech, neither do my guildmate.
    You should try to use a Gunslash gun mode to recover PP quicker.

And sent you a Friend invite, probabely easier to see how you play ingame.
    Last edited by Sizustar; Feb 24, 2013 at 07:04 PM.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

For attack I'm using a Lambda Garland +4. < Granted this isn't the strongest thing but I refuse to believe that's holding me back about 75% damage
    T Attack boost 1 10/10
    Flame mastery 5/10
    flame tech s charge 5/10
    charge PP revival 1/1
    Ice mastery 5/10
    Photon Flare 6/10
    PP boost 1 3/10

For techer:
    Tech attack boost 1 3/10
    shift advance 3/10
    Deband advance 3/10
    wand gear 1/1
    PP restore 1 3/10
    Truth be told, Stay off Freeze Ignition and Photon Flare...Those two abilities are NOT worth the points. I would also HIGHLY recommend not going for them even as a Frost Build for this time period. They are just not that good unless by some Miracle Sega buffs them.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantLegend View Post
    ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!
    Uh-huh
    Force! huh-yeah

XD
    Say it again!
    Laxedrane - Ship 10| Force-70 Hunter-70 Techer-70 Braver-70 Bouncer-70
    Darrin- Ship 10 Ranger-62 Gunner-65 Force-1 Techer-0
    Ismaire- Ship 10 Hunter-51 Braver-51 Bounder-1

T Attack boost 1 10/10
    Flame mastery 5/10
    flame tech s charge 5/10
    charge PP revival 1/1
    Ice mastery 5/10
    Photon Flare 6/10
    PP boost 1 3/10

For techer:
    Tech attack boost 1 3/10
    shift advance 3/10
    Deband advance 3/10
    wand gear 1/1
    PP restore 1 3/10
    You shouldn't max T-Atk up, and focused on one element mastery, Flame, or Lightning, Ice isn't useful. PP Boost isn't useful either..
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I will always say that Force is great because the fire tree is great. With that in mind, this is my suggested build.

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...ldI2cF4QcA0006

Your fire spells will receive a 75% power boost, will fire twice as fast as normal, you'll gain your PP 40% faster, and when you absolutely need more PP, you can use convert. It takes quite a few skill points to make this happen, but each point provides an obvious boost.
    By the way, I rarely use wand gear. I suggest picking it up just because it provides a huge boost to melee damage, but I rarely melee anymore. So if you want to get your PP boosting skill earlier, you could try skipping that. It's probably not worth it, though.

they are good for

1) breaking cannon, because apparently magic is bound to machines now (CAST can apparently use TECHS)

2) those who get the bad drop tables (i'm talking to you WHTLL!)

3) those who understand, that with all the letters in a given set of TECHS you can spell "support role!"

4) people who don't know what "support role" means (too common, miss the old rule of "forces, never TFF without them!")

The difference a weapon provides between a +4 and +10, along with the affixies on the weapon and units, can make some differences. Along with the multiplier of the tree the damage difference can be bigger.

Also you can use this simulator to help with your skill plannings
    http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/

Usually speaking in the current game the skills in the ice tree are actively avoided, while Fire or Shock is favored depending on your style.

If you don't want to pay 500 AC for a new tree, personally I would recommend developing tree like this on FO, though I'm not sure how you get PP UP 1 wihout getting Freeze boost first, so I ignore that part:
    http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...4OdqldI2IS0000

It is to support Wind/Light/Darkness techniques since you really don't have enough SP to make either Fire (Which requires S Charge and both masteries at 10) or Shock very effective (PP save at 10 and 2 masteries. But it is good that you have got PP Charge Revival.

The TE side currently is all good and further development will be based on which element you want to spec into or if you need both PP Res and PP Cvt.
    Also since the skills in your FO tree is tight, you might (or might not) want to take Just Reversal in your TE tree

When you don't have PP, you can use Gunslash(shooting mode) to hit things to get PP
    And it is not unnatural for an FO to be two-shots killed even with purple wings, but anyhow you want them to be at +10;
    Last edited by SPOnion; Feb 24, 2013 at 09:23 PM.