Page 95 of 117 FirstFirst ... 458592939495969798105 ... LastLast

Thanks in advance for having the time for this.

I have a Dewman Braver on wich im folowing the Split Hybrid: build.

but for my main who is a FO/TE i started giving exp to braver and hu witch cos.

and since i already have a balanced braver, id like to try a katana braver. and your Split Stance Katana

Build. makes sense.

also the mag stats dont have to be 50 dex and 125 s atk, they just seemed reasonable for me.

What stats would you sugest?

the mag is still with 1 dex so not much damage have been done.

maybe leave 5 dex and 170 s atk? folowing the Split Stance Katana Build you sugested it has a 175 s atk mag. or just leave it with 1 dex?
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Well the more Dex on your mag, the more worthwhile the skill becomes. Starting around 70-100 it's worth at least 1 SP.

But if you're not going to put a lot, if not entirely Dex, just go as pure S-Atk as you can. Same goes for any melee class, a little Dex doesn't hurt unless you can't equip the best gear anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Well the more Dex on your mag, the more worthwhile the skill becomes. Starting around 70-100 it's worth at least 1 SP.

But if you're not going to put a lot, if not entirely Dex, just go as pure S-Atk as you can. Same goes for any melee class, a little Dex doesn't hurt unless you can't equip the best gear anymore.

thank you
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Quote Originally Posted by hypothermiac View Post
    http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...dnfsNJ2fGQ0006
    This is my envisioned end-game skill build for all classes, intended for only 1 skill tree per class.
    If I'm planning to have hunter generally act as a subclass, is it justifiable to take off sword gear/ja bonus on hunter to get fury s up 2?
    Hunter: You have 3 pts in SATK UP 1 when Sword Gear only requires 1. Put the extra two points into JA Bonus 1 instead.
    Techer: You have 3 pts in Shifta Advance but Wand Gear only requires 1. Stick one in Rare Mastery, at least.

Once & forever Protranser Gunslinger-08's Avatar

So rather than starting a new thread, I was hoping I could get some advice here for a Ra/Fi build. I'm completely new to the whole skill tree thing here, and am trying to sort it all out.

So if I main gunslashes with this build, how worth it would the chase series of the Fi tree be? I've tried doodling around with the skill builder page thing, but I'm yet to figure out how it will translate to my actual build in-game.

Ship 2 - Gatz

Is there a reason you want to go Ra/Fi instead of Ra/Hu?
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

Once & forever Protranser Gunslinger-08's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SociableTyrannosaur View Post
    Is there a reason you want to go Ra/Fi instead of Ra/Hu?
    Ra/Hu seems to be a fairly common combination- I'd like to venture onto the less-beaten path and set up a potentially more interesting build. That and the fact that I like the look of the chase skills, particularly the idea of using status effects in tandem with direct damage.
    Last edited by Gunslinger-08; Sep 19, 2013 at 11:03 PM.

Ship 2 - Gatz

Well, you would always be playing catchup, since your damage only matches that of Ra/Hu when the enemy has a status effect, and only in the correct stance/direction, and only for Striking damage.

And last I checked, Gunslash doesn't have good Striking PAs, and Ranger is not very good at Striking attacks.

So pretty much no matter how you build or play Ra/Fi, it is going to be weaker than a Ra/Hu doing the same thing.

Edit: Consider this Fighter tree. 169% damage from behind, ~110% damage when you're below 50% PP, ~110% damage when you are inflicted with a status effect, altogether becomes ~205% under these specific conditions. Lose one of the conditions and you're down to 186%, lose both and you're left with only the Stance. Max Brave Stance instead for its 144% damage that you're much more likely to see and your highest is only 174%.

Hunter gives you 193% damage at all times.
    Last edited by UnLucky; Sep 19, 2013 at 11:52 PM.

Reason Ra/Hu is used over Ra/Fi is it's better in every possible way >_>
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

I'm on my last point to spend as Fo.

What's better, 1% from JA bonus, or 30 T-atk from rare mastery?

And what's your basis for this answer.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat