Page 83 of 117 FirstFirst ... 33738081828384858693 ... LastLast
    DB's Old Companion Horosha_Onikage's Avatar

Thanks, saved me from having to use a skill tree reset (again.) Lol.

Well, if you max Brave Stance Up 1, you get an unconditional boost in damage (damage x1.2 when in front of enemies) whereas if you max out Brave Stance you get a conditional boost in damage (damage x1.2 when in front of enemies and damage x0.8 when behind enemies). So you should focus on Brave Stance Up 1 before Brave Stance.

Brave Stance lv5->10 is 115->120%
    Brave Stance Up lv5->10 is 110%->120%

Along with the wrong facing penalty, it's just a bad idea to level the stance itself before maxing the upgrade skill. Still a good idea to max both in the end, depending on what else you want (esp. as a Force sub).

For comparison, a 5 / 5 split gives you 126.5% damage from the front. Ten points in Brave Stance alone is 120%. 5 / 10 is 138%, the other way around is 132%. Always always max the Up before the Stance itself.

*for Fighter Stances; don't max Fury Stance Up before Fury Stance itself. Or Guard Stance I guess too.
    Last edited by UnLucky; Jun 27, 2013 at 07:00 PM.

Thanks for the information. I was figuring that the up stance did not incur a penalty, but that maxing out both in the end would be good.

This should help my build out tremendously. Thank you,

Sandrax ~ Hunter 57
    Fighter ~ Lvl. 27
    Force ~ Lvl. 33

so are humans generally worse then androids? it looks like pretty much every role is better filled by androids and newman, does the human race suck in pso2?

Well Humans have better HP, Dex, and R-Atk than Newmans, with much better T-atk and T-Def than Casts.

Depending on your gender, as well, a human can be very close to a Newman or Cast in their dedicated role.

Also FOcast / HUnewearl are much further behind than a FOnewearl / HUcast are ahead of Humans in those roles, so if you wanted to do both (or everything) then going Human (or Duman) would be better than either Newman or Cast. If you're going to specialize, however, Humans would be inferior (you do gain 2 extra inventory slots over Casts, though...).

Is there any worth looking into a TE/FI build? or would i really better better off going FI/FO for the melee/magic combo.

I'm just about done leveling most of my main classes and I want to mess around with some hybrid ideas to keep the game form getting stale.

I was thinking of something along the lines of this for TE/FI:
    TE/FI Build

It would be geared toward double sabers usage as well as chase advance/poison output.
    Last edited by serenade; Jul 4, 2013 at 06:50 PM.
    PSU ID - 30001139
    PSO2 JP Info:

Chalka / Parallax / Xavious Redd / Rydia / Cyrax / Paladin Crux

Is it worth maxing out Standing Snipe for ranger? I'm already doing stupidly good damage with the weak point boosts and was wondering is all.
    PSO2 Characters

Kais (Male CAST) Ship 9 Hu62 Fi46 Ra53 Gu65 Fo6 Te1 Br36
    Lilith Reiger (Female Deuman) Ship 9 Hu42 Fi1 Ra1 Gu1 Fo20 Te45 Br56

Are we alive or just breathing?

Quote Originally Posted by serenade View Post
    Is there any worth looking into a TE/FI build? or would i really better better off going FI/FO for the melee/magic combo.
    It's not a badly done skill tree, but not only do you miss out on Hunter's skills for your Fighter weapons, you need all-class ones.

Then your tech damage is worse unless you match weaknesses with a pure element spec, but even doing that your PP regen is terrible and you have weaker weapons (unless you get an 11* or better) so it could end up being worse overall.

Fo/Fi (or Fi/Fo) works because you don't have to target weaknesses to get all your damage, and Fo/Te works because you can target any weakness you want as well as faster PP regen. Te/Fi (or Fi/Te) has none of these things.

Now, Fighter does boost Striking/Wand Gear/Techs equally, unlike Hunter, but that just means it's not very good in any one aspect unless you regularly make use of Chase Advance, which doesn't work against bosses. But if you were going to be a Fighter anyway, you would do much better with it as your main class and a good double saber instead of a wand.
    Quote Originally Posted by o0Kais0o View Post
    Is it worth maxing out Standing Snipe for ranger? I'm already doing stupidly good damage with the weak point boosts and was wondering is all.
    There is nothing else to get instead that would be better for damage, what were you considering? Even as Gu/Ra, which is much harder to get the bonus for, doesn't have many other options.
    Last edited by UnLucky; Jul 4, 2013 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    It's not a badly done skill tree, but not only do you miss out on Hunter's skills for your Fighter weapons, you need all-class ones.

Then your tech damage is worse unless you match weaknesses with a pure element spec, but even doing that your PP regen is terrible and you have weaker weapons (unless you get an 11* or better) so it could end up being worse overall.

Fo/Fi (or Fi/Fo) works because you don't have to target weaknesses to get all your damage, and Fo/Te works because you can target any weakness you want as well as faster PP regen. Te/Fi (or Fi/Te) has none of these things.

Now, Fighter does boost Striking/Wand Gear/Techs equally, unlike Hunter, but that just means it's not very good in any one aspect unless you regularly make use of Chase Advance, which doesn't work against bosses. But if you were going to be a Fighter anyway, you would do much better with it as your main class and a good double saber instead of a wand.
    I play FO/FI now as my main build. It's strictly magic focused however.

So looks like if I want to play melee with a touch of magic FI/FO or TE/HU (HU/TE) seem to be the only viable options.
    PSU ID - 30001139
    PSO2 JP Info:

Chalka / Parallax / Xavious Redd / Rydia / Cyrax / Paladin Crux