Single Target

Spoiler!

Multi-Target

Spoiler!

Utility

Spoiler!

Undesirables

Spoiler!
    Last edited by UnLucky; Mar 2, 2013 at 09:28 PM.

Ok, I think I'm done editing that, now. Someone else will have to touch on Nazan and Ragrants, and any other feedback is welcome.

Everything in that post seems fine.
    Just to add onto it:
    Zonde- Casting it in mid-air will deal extra damage to enemies.(No joke, test it yourself)
    Nazan- Mainly for single target, uncharged will launch enemies a short distance. Charging it will launch enemies quite a distance away from you. This only applies on enemies that can be launched. Pretty much point blank hit range with uncharged and charged casts.
    Ragrants- Slightly stronger than Grants, however, the range is poor with the laser beam making it seem to hit further than it actually does. Can be useful for hitting Falz Hunar's weak point.
    Last edited by Bellion; Mar 2, 2013 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Re-tested Nazan

I'll probably place Nazan and Ragrants into a 5th "situational" category. Ragrants also has a somewhat slow startup making it difficult to hit moving targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellion View Post
    Everything in that post seems fine.
    Just to add onto it:
    Zonde- Casting it in mid-air will deal extra damage to enemies.(No joke, test it yourself)
    Nazan- Mainly for single target, used to knockdown large enemies with an uncharged hit. A small enemy with be launched away a small distance by an uncharged hit. Charging it will launch large and small enemies quite a distance away from you. Pretty much point blank hit range with uncharged and charged casts.
    Ragrants- Slightly stronger than Grants, however, the range is poor with the laser beam making it seem to hit further than it actually does. Can be useful for hitting Falz Hunar's weak point.
    Just tested it, and Zonde actually does the bonus damage as long as you are above the enemy, not necessarily in the air. A tiny hop at ground level is the same as casting it from the ground, and climbing a hill and using it on the tiny ants below will always deal extra damage.

Huh, nevermind. I was able to get the bonus damage in mid-air against a Wolgada when he was standing straight around last week in Nab 2 TA and I didn't stand on any rock. I tested it again and now it contradicts my previous experience.

Edit: Yeah, I must've been mistaken the first time. I was only able to get the damage bonus when Wolgada lowered himself a bit.
    Last edited by Bellion; Mar 2, 2013 at 10:39 PM.

Interestingly enough, when using a talis, the position of the card does not affect this at all. No matter how you cast Zonde, if you, the player, are above the enemy, it will deal bonus damage.

It could be some point on the target, like the middle of their body, so you don't have to be above their head, but that would need more testing to pinpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    I would do some kinda write up on technics, but I do not have Ragrants :<
    It's a linear piercing tech. I would only recommend it if everything is lined up or on Falz. It is so good on Falz or any big big darker enemy that is the only use I can give on it.
    I'd test it at higher levels but no time currently.

Awesome Guide, SociableTyrannosaur.

As for UnLucky's magic section:
    I would like to add that barta -can- hit aerial targets if you shoot up while aiming manually. It will be an arching projectile much like an arrow. Charching the technique does not affect the projectile arch/reach.
    Despite that, I would still list Barta as 'undesirable'.

I would say barta has it's points on the vol dragon and nothing else >_>