Page 3 of 117 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast

Not even. I'd sooner use rabarta on him.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoLink View Post
    Awesome Guide, SociableTyrannosaur.

As for UnLucky's magic section:
    I would like to add that barta -can- hit aerial targets if you shoot up while aiming manually. It will be an arching projectile much like an arrow. Charging the technique does not affect the projectile arch/reach.
    Despite that, I would still list Barta as 'undesirable'.
    Ah yes, it gets affected by gravity when used in the air or lobbed. Locking onto an airborne target will likely miss, and manually aiming your underpowered piercing tech to throw it long distances does very little to improve its usability.

I got some use out of it at low levels when fighting two Caterdra'ns at once, but that was before dark techs came out.

Gibarta is useful for Vol's tail (since it's not weak to dark) or for the obvious cold feet, though Rabarta has an easier time hitting the correct hitbox, especially with a talis. Fight goes much faster with bolt or dark techs, though, even without the freeze status.

Tech list added to OP. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Megid have a slow tracking effect?

It does, and interestingly Megid is one of the only techs where not charging it as a potential benefit: The megid ball goes faster when you don't charge it.

edit: Gibarta is most definitely NOT an undesirable attack. It's like zondeel's range and DOT, except in front of you without zapping required or a suction effect that can mean death against certain enemies. Some time ago they changed it to hit an enormous area, and it's the best move in certain cases. For one, it flinches better than some other attacks against certain enemies, most notably Shignoguns. Because of its large range and flinch properties it can be better in desert AQ's than zondeel if you're bursting with primarily shignoguns spawning.

It also costs less than rabarta, has more damage, and hits a larger total area, rendering rabarta pretty much completely outclassed (unless for some bizarre reason you absolutely have to hit everything in 360 degrees in one single casting with no ability to do a second casting, which is basically never going to happen).

edit2: Also worth noting, zondeel is not triggered by just lightning damage but any non-zondeel lightning tech - including a sazonde you pop off in the center that hasn't even connected with an enemy. The zondeel can then in turn activate the sazonde. For this reason it can be a great PP saver when trying to shock something, such as elder falz. Get up close -> uncharged zondeel -> repeated uncharged sazondes. Self-shocking cycle, no other techs required. I have noticed that mag "zonde" attacks do not actually activate either sazonde or zondeel, interestingly.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Mar 3, 2013 at 07:44 PM.

I would argue that rabarta at least you can drop and walk away. Gibarta's cone effect is smaller than it looks in my experience. It's not an AoE but it's a close range attack that compares poorly to safoie. if you want to discuss this further, I'd prefer PM as I'd like to avoid needless arguments in this thread.

Also I didn't read them all that closely, so I'll go back and edit zondeel, because I don't want to mislead people. Thanks.

Agreed, just giving my own experience. Its aoe is much larger than safoie's. I'm really fond of gibarta due to its properties and range, and even without any ice mastery at all still use it for its size and flinch (Also its damage is quite good for its range).

I'd offer to show you where I find it most useful, but I don't think you're on ship 2.

No, I'm not or I'd come see.

Regardless, I've edited zondeel and noted that some find uses for gibarta, but that generally speaking there are better techs.

Oh wow, yeah, Gibarta hits pretty far away now. I guess it's "the ice tech" now. Rabarta has less reach than Gifoie and Gigrants, though, so it's still bad.

Gibarta also is quite nice for some weak points when you need the cone to be dropped on. It also fucks with clones .Hopefully they fix the ice tree it could be quite good.

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...s000084O00000f
    here is my HU/FI build,is it alright? i put more sp in S-ATK cuz i think it will add more dmg to both attack and skill.