Page 97 of 117 FirstFirst ... 4787949596979899100107 ... LastLast

This thread will be put on hold due to FF14, TY.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.

You can't do this to me, I need to add things for SVH!

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    This thread will be put on hold due to FF14, TY.
    They'll be back in a month. MMOs never end well. :P

Not sure if there's another thread for this, but I'll put the new skills and my impressions on them here, if only so I can find it again later.

Hunter:

Pretty Good: 5SP, 70-30% SE duration. Below Guard Stance Burn. Worthless

Never Give Up: 5SP, if Iron Will procs, 200-300 S-Atk for 60s, 1-5s invuln. Alright if you have IW.

Fighter:

Half-line Boost: 5SP, 150-200% SE infliction rate while <50% HP, under Chase Advance. Not a good idea to be at low HP, but it's a reasonable boost.

Chase Plus: 5SP, 5-15% damage with SE. Weaker than CA (10-20% from 1-5) and stops at lv5. Get it after maxing CA first or skip it entirely.

Ranger:

PB Boost: 5SP, 30-70% PB gauge fill rate, under Dex 3. An option instead of Killing Bonus.

First Hit: 5SP, 20% on first hit, under R-Def. I haven't tested it, but it seems it literally is the first hit, not first PA or anything like that. Also, since WB actually does deal a bit of damage, this skill cannot be used to break damage records or something (maybe healing to full counts?). Most useful for Launchers.

Gunner:

ZRA Crit: 5SP, 20-50% critrate at close range

Toughness Time: 5SP, 70-30% gear gauge reduction on damage during Showtime

It's all under Showtime. Worthless.

Force:

T-Atk High: 5SP, 40-120 T-Atk, under Photon Flare Advance. Decent bonuses for now, but doesn't scale, and requires points in the Ice tree.

Talis Boost: 5SP, 20% maxed. Offsets the natural rod/talis base T-Atk discrepancy for an overall gain of roughly 10%. Obviously don't take this if you don't have a (good) talis.

Techer:

Territory PP Save: 5SP, 3-7 PP per cast during TB, under EWH. Works with Zondeel. Not really a huge deal, but it can help reduce the strain of Zondeel gathering or uncharged Shifta/Megiverse. Easy prereqs make at least 1SP worthwhile, as everyone should have Territory Burst.

Super Treatment: 5SP, 20-30s duration, 15-25% HP recovery, 1-3x PP regen. Under Light Mastery 2. The placement is terrible, but the bonuses aren't so bad. Patch notes mentioned Anti's range being increased, and you would get the bonus even with an uncharged cast, so it might be worth getting instead of PP Convert.

Ranger got way more than those two. They're way out of the way but they're basically enhancements to WB.

@ Unlucky

if you want to help me make some edits to the OP, PM them to me and I'll take care of it. I just don't have the time I need to do what I want to do with this thread anymore.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

The bullet skills came out some time ago, and I marked em up in the current OP

I'm going to rework all the trees and builds again with the new skills and prereq costs

Possibly go over the tech list once all the lv16 values are known

Forgot to mention that Ranger's PB boost only works on weak points. Or so the description says.

Gonna confirm a few things for the Braver skills, too.

I find First hit to be really uh..impractical. Like so impractical I would deem it useless. It only benefits the first hit, so obviously it is entirely useless on bosses. You could say it has a purpose for launchers, but that means you'll also have to either aim at the ground or crazy smash to JA into a launcher PA so that you don't inflict dmg to the enemy before setting up a cluster bullet. Though, I can totally see people hitting over 10k+ with a cluster that only receives WHA, no JA no SS, so it would help for those instances perhaps. If anyone else has any input or experience about the skill I'd be ecstatic to hear what you have to say.

The PB boost seems to be the better skill all around though. I mean maybe RA having PB 24/7 will just be the metagame now.
    Last edited by Coatl; Oct 10, 2013 at 09:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.

Alright, so Rapid Shoot Up 2 has the same progression as the first.

And Combat Escape is 10-20s of invincibility during Katana Combat. Seems like you can't activate Katana Gear on account of that (can't block an attack that won't hurt you), so just remember to have that on before you toggle KC.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    The bullet skills came out some time ago, and I marked em up in the current OP

I'm going to rework all the trees and builds again with the new skills and prereq costs

Possibly go over the tech list once all the lv16 values are known

Forgot to mention that Ranger's PB boost only works on weak points. Or so the description says.

Gonna confirm a few things for the Braver skills, too.
    That just shows how little time I've had to look at the game >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    I find First hit to be really uh..impractical. Like so impractical I would deem it useless. It only benefits the first hit, so obviously it is entirely useless on bosses. You could say it has a purpose for launchers, but that means you'll also have to either aim at the ground or crazy smash to JA into a launcher PA so that you don't inflict dmg to the enemy before setting up a cluster bullet. Though, I can totally see people hitting over 10k+ with a cluster that only receives WHA, no JA no SS, so it would help for those instances perhaps. If anyone else has any input or experience about the skill I'd be ecstatic to hear what you have to say.

The PB boost seems to be the better skill all around though. I mean maybe RA having PB 24/7 will just be the metagame now.
    Basically cluster bullet or even rodeo drive...anything where the launcher shot hits maybe 1-2 targets and then the PA hits 4+. The same can be said for AB uses...aside from that though, yeah it's pretty useless
    Last edited by SociableTyrannosaur; Oct 10, 2013 at 08:58 PM.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

So with the new Hunter and (especially) Fighter skills, and the five extra skill points we all get, what's the new best build for a Fighter/Hunter?

Should everyone just go for Halfline Boost and Chase Advance Plus? Or is it worth trying to dip into PP Slayer and the Crazy skills now that we have slightly more skill points? Is Never Give Up enough to make Iron Will more than desirable than Automate Halfline?

Still waiting to use my skill reset.