Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer MKV View Post
    Calling Wolga a Rockbear reskin is a slightly ridiculous notion. King Yede is closest to a reskin than Wolga is.
    A reskin is just the use of the same body model. It doesn't have to be associated with the monster's attack pattern at all. For example, a Spardan and a dagan are reskins of each other, but they attack differently. The same could be said for Baridans and Za oodans. They are using the same model, but approach you differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    For example, a Spardan and a dagan are reskins of each other,
    Jesus christ. Don't use words you don't know the meaning of ok?

A reskin, folks, is a POLYGON MODEL, that is reused, with a different or slightly recolored TEXTURE.

A spardan and a dagan have two completely different polygon models and textures. The fact that they both have 4 legs means nothing.

If you want an example of a reskin, look at dagan and el dagan etc. Or the caterdran clone in floating islands. Or King Yede. Or the other floating island clones of the dinians.

I can only guess that pso world kids have taken the 'reskinned weapons' updates meaning of 'reskin' literally, when really they are only saying reskinning because its a short and easy term to use and not a literal meaning.
    Last edited by Dhylec; Mar 5, 2013 at 06:04 PM. Reason: edit

Whoa. Well that escalated quickly... So, about that new field... Who's ready for that new fat dragon boss-guy-thing? ._.

A fucking spardan and a dagan have two completely different polygon models and textures. The fact that they both have 4 legs means nothing.
    They move the same. They are flinched the same. They are flipped on their backs the same. Very similar animation behavior. If the term reskinning is too touchy I'll just start calling them alternate clones of each other in animation behavior. More or less means the same thing I think.

A reskin, folks, is a POLYGON MODEL, that is reused, with a different or slightly recolored TEXTURE.

If you want an example of a reskin, look at dagan and el dagan etc. Or the caterdran clone in floating islands. Or King Yede. Or the other floating island clones of the dinians.
    But that's not refuting my claim very well..
    Where do you draw the line? An El Dagan and a dagan look similar, but they have different attack animations. The same could be said for rockbear and wolga. They have a very different attack pattern, but are similar enough to notice that they have the same model.

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Let's just move on, peeps.

I wonder if those scorpion like enemies are ranged or melee?

I feel like this game has a severe lack of ranged enemies. And magic enemies. I hope they add more of those in this field.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

The idea that darkers are based on or are mutated creatures is interesting though. I still want to see a De Rol Le kinda battle. The sky diving boss battle too! That would still be awesome!

Let's just move on, peeps.

I wonder if those scorpion like enemies are ranged or melee?

I feel like this game has a severe lack of ranged enemies. And magic enemies. I hope they add more of those in this field.
    I hope they attack like legit realistic scorpions and throw themselves at you.
    That'd be so terrifying I'm having seconds thoughts just hoping for it.

Nobody tell gamerx that "reskin" has been used commonly refer to complete model replacements since the late 90's and it's effectively a completely interchangeable term in both ordinary gamer circles as well as modding circles, also nobody tell him that arguing the meaning of "reskin" is even dumber than arguing the definition of "irony." Just leave him alone and don't make any sudden movements, he should get distracted by something else in his peripheral vision.

I also think the enemies are pretty fleshed out in this game, but need to actually live longer and be flinched less easily. What we have now is great, it just doesn't get to do anything. Some things die in 1 hit, other things are flinched to death. It seems like only minibosses get to do even a quarter of their moveset before dying - and that's only if you don't have a gunner around.

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    I hope they attack like legit realistic scorpions and throw themselves at you.
    That'd be so terrifying I'm having seconds thoughts just hoping for it.
    I wouldn't mind a few versions. Some that rush you, some that fire at you (Mecha-radscorpions from NV. XD) and some that shoot either fireballs or balls of light at you. I dunno, just so not everything is melee melee melee. Rangers and Forces need more threats to them.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

I wouldn't mind a few versions. Some that rush you, some that fire at you (Mecha-radscorpions from NV. XD) and some that shoot either fireballs or balls of light at you. I dunno, just so not everything is melee melee melee. Rangers and Forces need more threats to them.
    This could be really easily addressed by making different mobs prioritize different players based on either their weapon types or behaviors (damaging lots of things from far away, etc.).

They really need to add that :[