Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Hacker effect in game?

So I've played PSO: BB on PC and there were definitely hackers around who weren't even really hiding the fact.

I've just played PSO 2 for about 8 hours yesterday. It's been at least 6 years since I've played PSO and actually forgot about the hacking problem until I stumbled on some websites.

My question is, do hackers in the game really affect a legit player's game play? I mean, your dreams will be shot if you want to be the best in the game... hackers will get that no problem.

But would it actually make your game play less fun assuming you don't play in the same party as them?

I'm asking because I actually deleted the game yesterday after reading how hackers are already swarming in on this game. Using pretty much the exact same methods used on PSO: BB.

When I played pso 2 I thought it was a huge leap from the last version and could see myself playing games again (haven't played rpgs in several years out of disinterest in the newer games). You don't have to run toward every drop so party members aren't taking everything and you can jump around.

But after seeing that this game is easily hackable, I'm not sure if I want to start again.

I can see that equipment could be cheaper on the market as hackers will flood the game with good gear faster. But eventually, you'll be at a point end game where all you really need is better gear and the hackers will have ALOT more meseta and items in their inventory to trade for the things you want too.

They're not hackable to that sort of level.

Most things edit stats, give players one hit KO abilities, movement speed and other oddities. Item creation and whatnot doesn't exist here (as far as I know).

Thing is, people take this hacking shit way too seriously. It has NEVER happened in PSO2 for me that someone has joined a game and started "ruining it". You don't even notice them providing you don't play in their games.

That also being said, people seem to view hacking as some morally wrong action. It really isn't. While it might be against the ToS, they're not ruining anyones' lives or gameplay experience, so it would be nice if people who complain about hackers would simmer down.

BITCHES DONT KNOW BOUT MY 'RURU KNUCKLES X3 Merumeru's Avatar

Well, that's news to me XP but I agree with Z-0, as long as it ain't anything that can directly ruin the economy like duping/etc, not going to bother me much XP it sucks, but not like I'm a programmer and am willing to work 24/7 to chase them if given the opportunity XD

The hacking acts you mentioned are actually the ones I was thinking of. If I can speedup the game to 500% normal speed, one shot everything, and not die. Then I can do like... 10 times the amount of runs in the same time it takes a normal player to do one. This results in faster item gains, faster leveling, and control of end game item trade.

Haven't bothered me any. And its usually pretty easy for the community to tell who's the best players and who's up there because of hacking. I'm pretty sure you jumped the gun in deleting this game.
    Last edited by reptile7383; Mar 6, 2013 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    That also being said, people seem to view hacking as some morally wrong action. It really isn't. While it might be against the ToS, they're not ruining anyones' lives or gameplay experience, so it would be nice if people who complain about hackers would simmer down.
    I agree to this to some extent, but they do effect players indirectly. There are plenty of hackers who abuse speed hacks to get easy TACO money. This illegitimate source of money entering the economy makes items of limited quantity become inflated in value, making it harder for legitimate players to afford things without AC scratching.

But that's more of an issue of hacking as a whole. If a person controls how much they abuse it, the individual shouldn't bother you as a legit player so long as they don't flaunt their script kiddiness.
    Last edited by Soultrigger; Mar 6, 2013 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorbik View Post
    control of end game item trade.
    That's assuming they actually paid for a shop pass, premium account, or got lucky with the FUN scratch. You can't trade or sell stuffs to other players otherwise.

To me the hackers are annoying at most. If they join my game or I end up in theirs I just leave, change block (so I don't end up in the same party again) and start a new one ASAP. I remember getting an invite from one to join their party but I declined and changed blocks immediately (I regret not blacklisting them but they disappeared before I got a chance to do so). The hackers are, most of the time, easy to distinguish from regular players. The ones I've seen all use gibberish names in both their account name and character name.

As for the effects I've seen, it's mostly just them making enemies spawn every couple of seconds, having them die instantly, and making Emergency Codes show up every two seconds. There have been a couple of exceptions where one caused missiles to fire constantly from everywhere and caused the enemies to make jerky movements (my character moved normally) and another where the screen went black with only the HUD visible.

Thinking about it, I haven't seen hackers on the game since the large update a few weeks ago to get the game ready for the Vita version's release.

There are hackers in PSO2...?

Reminds me of the ol' PSPo2 issue where everyone complained about hackers (modders, actually) despite them doing nothing to ruin the "legits" fun other than making them jelly of the fact that they (illegits) had weapons/items that the legits worked so hard for wasting all their time, virginity and so forth.

They were also easy to avoid too.. but alas, the legits still complained! And by legits, I mean the people who dwell on GameSpot cautiously stroking their legit accounts feeling superior than the illegits, unaware that they wasted time and effort despite the items could be attained illegitimately without any threat of punishment aside from legit superiority and jelly-ness. x3

Aaaaaaand I derailed! xD
    Last edited by Galil AR; Mar 6, 2013 at 12:15 PM.