Page 126 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2676116123124125126127128129136 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1579

Aida-san please integrate a safe hooking tool for ReShade on PSO2 Tweaker. Ambient Occlusion for all ☆ミ(o*・ω・)ノ
    [SHIP09 - Hagall] キャメロット - セイバー (Saber) || ダージリン (Darjeeling) || ミュセル・フォアラン (Myucel Foaran).

==============
    ARKS INSIDER Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/arksinsider/

After a bit of messing around and overclocking my CPU/GPU, I tried out the OP's Anti-Aliasing configuration again (thanks again, Rhino). MSAA + SGSSAA in Inspector, and then topped it with SweetFX. But the game tanks below 60 FPS for most locations, including the lobby, when I do this

Without SweetFX, with SGSSAA:
    Spoiler!

With SweetFX and SGSSAA:
    Spoiler!

I don't get it. Why is overclocking my EVGA GTX 960 SSC not helping in this situation?

I did opt to use my own configuration, though. It's not too bad, but...

SMAA + FXAA + Anisotropic Filtering + RadeonPro's Ambient Occlusion at HBAO + LOD Bias at 1.5:
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by A. Zerran; Oct 21, 2015 at 03:23 PM.

What hardware you're running the game on since you're getting fps drops in most locations?

I edited my previous post to say what I have, but I'll also say it here. I'm carrying an EVGA GTX 960 SSC 4GB, overclocked to a moderately high level at a safe spot. +50 MHz to the Core Clock, +250 MHz to the Memory Clock, and +6mv to the Voltage, all with EVGA Precision X16. I'm also running an AMD FX 6300 overclocked to 4.4 GHz on water cooling, so I'm certain PSO2 is not overworking my CPU.
    Last edited by A. Zerran; Oct 21, 2015 at 04:07 PM.

Well the thing is you're forcing alot of things on a mid-range gpu since the processor on it has to render all of that stuff + try to keep performance at the same time which can be very demanding for it, only thing i could say is have some software that monitor how much gpu usage you're getting with the game running.

Well, I played around a little more. Thanks to Nvidia's new "Multi Framed Sample AA" or "MFAA", Anti-Aliasing can be enhanced further. I applied MFAA to my configuration and got this result.

SMAA + FXAA with LOD Bias at 1.5 + HBAO at "Ultra" + MFAA + Anisotropic Filtering:
    Spoiler!

It looks great, but it also performs very nicely. Doesn't really drop below 60 FPS, except with high server load during Emergency Quests like Elder/Loser.
    Last edited by A. Zerran; Oct 21, 2015 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
    Well the thing is you're forcing alot of things on a mid-range gpu since the processor on it has to render all of that stuff + try to keep performance at the same time which can be very demanding for it, only thing i could say is have some software that monitor how much gpu usage you're getting with the game running.
    Yeah, that's most likely the case. Thanks. I'll probably get MSI Afterburner or Rivatuner to see to that.

Or don't over break your graphic card than it should. That's the best solution, and just wait when PS4 graphic compatibility patch comes to PC in to lighten the texture.

I felt like posting this for a comparison to my lobby screenshot.

Using a compound technique with my aforementioned configuration:
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldotsk View Post
    Or don't over break your graphic card than it should. That's the best solution, and just wait when PS4 graphic compatibility patch comes to PC in to lighten the texture.
    The PS4 graphics option will only increase Bloom and character model quality. It won't increase overall texture quality or get rid of any jaggies. And overclocking doesn't break GPUs as long as you push it to a fairly reasonable amount. The GTX 960 can handle the bumps I gave it, thanks to some Google searching. 250 MHz Memory Clock is under the limit, while 50 MHz Core Clock is generally the most recommended. I don't see how this will break my GPU since it only helped it so far.

After doing some research, apparently having extra V-RAM can in fact help with having higher quality textures as well as higher quality types of Anti-Aliasing. Anyone here with a 970 or a 980? Would you kindly try to test SGSSAA + SweetFX out on PSO2 and show your results?