Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
How interesting. I haven't heard of downsampling introducing blur before. What a shame, it works great on mine and I use it on many games (basically anything that doesn't have good SGSSAA bits).

At any rate, both downsampling and SGSSAA look great on my machine. It really is amazing how much of a difference it makes in the IQ. I've always felt that a properly anti-aliased image should resemble pre-rendered CG in its cleanliness. It's a shame I won't be able to maintain this kind of IQ in next-gen games (though hopefully they will compensate with improved AA solutions, like SMAA T2x and TXAA).
I know. One of the things that aggravates me the most about many game devs is their love of FXAA. It looks like garbage and only actually works in screenshots. When playing, the shimmering is still their, except now it is blurry shimmering haha. SMAA is definitely the best post-process method around atm, and I wish more devs would implement it. Only game that I have seen have it built-in is crysis 3, but AA in that game is atrocious and hardly works.

Side note: I am currently experimenting with the values a bit more to see if I can sharpen up the image a bit, although I think this is as good as it gets. Each one of the values I have selected is the best of each category, cause I tried every option in those. The others I couldn't see any difference at all when turning them on, so I left them at 0. I will keep playing with it to see if I missed a magic number in one of those slots though.