Page 96 of 158 FirstFirst ... 468693949596979899106146 ... LastLast

Sheesh, dat DSR seems pretty damn nice, too bad I'm on Team Red right now :C hopefully prices on nVidia cards will drop soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Velpa View Post
    Sheesh, dat DSR seems pretty damn nice, too bad I'm on Team Red right now :C hopefully prices on nVidia cards will drop soon.
    Have you seen the new 970? That card is a total beast for the price.

Big post incoming!
    EDIT: Added a few infos to the test screenshots

I have been running tests with DSR now that I've done the update(and I also noticed that the new drivers might run PSO2 a little bit better too), and I also tried DSR options in a few games. And from what I can tell, that issue with the UI size not changing is probably more dependant from the game itself than the DSR, since I had games in which the UI got smaller with larger resolutions, while other games' UI remained the same size, no matter the increased resolution.

But overall, I consider DSR a nice improvement to the manual custom resolutions I made. One major factor as to why I find it better is that DSR will actually retain the 144 Hz refresh rate of my monitor, no matter the resolution size, something that couldn't be done with custom resolutions(the higher I made the custom resolution, the lower I had to set the max refresh rate).
    EDIT: This information may not be entirely true anymore. Further testing from my part has shown that while for some reason some DSR settings used below have more FPS than a native setting using Supersampling, for some reason the native settings actually feel smoother ingame when playing. Maybe results may vary.

And personally, I find DSR in PSO2 to be an interesting option, since I mainly run it in Fullscreen(since for some reason I don't have the crash issue when Alt-Tabbing, that and running it Virtual Fullscreen will be more demanding on the GPU since it will have to render both PSO2 and whatever else you have running in the desktop)

Anyway I spent a bit of time doing some tests to compare DSR and the current SGSAA options I've been using, and here's some screenshots I took as demonstration.

So first up, I'll post up screenshots I took in an ingame cutscene(don't worry, only my character is visible in the screenshot, so no real story spoiler risk...aside that it's happening in Vorpal facility). All screenshots have been resized to 1920x1080 btw.
    Also I will include an average fps number I checked when running PSO2 in the Lobby with those resolutions. I am running a GTX 770 with 2 GB of VRAM on it. Make note those FPS numbers were taken with VSync off, which means it'll get lower with VSync on.

First, all screenshots will be with the default PSO2 graphics at their highest, though the only modification in Inspector will be that the Anisotropic Filtering for the Textures will be at 16x. Aside from that, nothing else.

1)Base graphics at 1920x1080. Actual FPS number wasn't checked, however I've seen it go above 200, and even peak above 400.
    Spoiler!

2)Base graphics at 2560x1440. FPS = Around 150
    Spoiler!

3)Base graphics at 2880x1620. FPS = Around 138
    Spoiler!

4)Base graphics at 3840x2160. FPS Around 95. However this resolution seems more prone to possible screen tearing.
    Spoiler!

Next are the same resolutions, however SGSSAA will be added in them. The SGSSAA settings used are from the information in the first post of this thread.

1)1920x1080 with 4xSGSSAA. FPS = Around 130
    Spoiler!

2)2560x1440 with 2xSGSSAA. (BTW, if you want to run 2xSGSSAA instead of 4x, you should disable the AA fix) FPS = Around 110.
    Spoiler!

3)2560x1440 with 4xSGSSAA. FPS = Around 60. Very large drop.
    Spoiler!

4)2880x1620 with 2xSGSSAA. Around 105.
    Spoiler!

5)3840x2160 with 2xMultisampling and Transparency Supersampling(didn't went with SGSSAA or it would be overkill on the fps. Besides at this resolution, boosting the sampling is almost not needed.) FPS Untested. Very likely to get low, and as stated, SGSSAA at this point might be overkill.
    Spoiler!

Personally, while running the biggest resolution might be cool, it might be a little bit inconvenient due to the UI's size that will be really tiny, even when the UI's size is set to largest in the options.

Obviously, bear in mind that the higher the resolutions and the SGSSAA you'll use, the lower your FPS will be. Hope those sample screenshots might be useful for thinking.
    Last edited by Killerwing; Oct 28, 2014 at 07:59 AM.

Great post. Thanks for informing me on the AA fix thing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Preposterous Rhino View Post
    Have you seen the new 970? That card is a total beast for the price.
    Yea well, the card is still way out of my budget sadly. Tough life livin' in Eastern Europe.

For people that can't get RadeonPro to work, have you tried the 2.0 Preview version?

My guild leader got it working with RadeonPro 2.0
    Although he's only using Cartoon effect

https://mega.co.nz/#!NhR1jLAC!2btFXr...tv8dNaZExtIfaA
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Alright. I seem to be in a bit of a bind here, as I can't get SweetFX or OSD to work. Oddly, the only thing I can manage is make the text a bit blurry. I guess that's options from the Visual Tab.

It launches the loader and the game with RadeonPro on 32 bit and 64 bit. SweetFX and OSD are not loaded. Neither of them show up.
    I've checked all the paths, everything is correct. I've tried restarting the PC. I've tried switching between 32 and 64 bit. I've tried disabling the advanced hooks. I tried the newer version of RadeonPro mentioned above, but that version refuses to find my GPU. Also tried using both the PSO-Tweaker and the original Launcher in RadeonPro.
    Anyone here who might have a lead I could follow?

I'm running on an AMD Radeon R9 270 on Windows 8
    Last edited by Drengeroth; Oct 26, 2014 at 02:17 AM.

Testing out more shader in SweetFX.

Curve seems to be contrast.

Screenshot dump
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    Testing out more shader in SweetFX.

Curve seems to be contrast.
    If you open the config file for SweetFX, it will tell you what each shader does. That should eliminate the need to experimentation.

Quote Originally Posted by Preposterous Rhino View Post
    If you open the config file for SweetFX, it will tell you what each shader does. That should eliminate the need to experimentation.
    Actually, a picture is worth a thousand word~ here's a site with pictures of each shader, also different setting.
    http://delightlylinux.wordpress.com/...-shader-suite/

Ver 1.5.1 and Ver 2.0 of SweetFX doesn't seem to work with PSO2 though.

Although some 1.5.1 shader seems to work, still need to try some more testing.

Screenshot dump