A bit of background: I recently started a new character due to my old main's mag being a complete mess for the direction I wanted to go with him. I planned on going Fi/Gu with Twin Daggers as my primary weapon, gaining boosted damage of Gu's Aerial Advance for trash mobs and Chain Trigger for bosses, with Lambda Aresvis (TMG) for versatile PP Regen options. On my new character, going for a Tucana Mag definitely seemed like the way to go, since I could focus mainly on S-ATK and R-ATK.

Also, it's a drill, and if Gurren Lagann has taught me anything, it's that drills are manly as hell.

After getting to 31/31 Gu/Ra, I'd rather stick with this class setup and go for a generic build. Gunner is definitely the way to go for me. So what to do with my mag?

I went the safe route and have only leveled R-ATK on my mag so far. Currently, he's at 60 R-ATK with 0 in everything else. I could go anywhere down the Fornax evolution line, but I still kinda want that Tucana, just for looks if any reason at all. The Auto-Ability can be a pain sometimes (had it on my Fighter) but it would definitely be less of a hassle on a Gunner. The Photon Blast (Ajax Imera) sounds like Pilla from PSO to me, and that was always a great one to have (iirc). But I digress.

Is raising a Tucana Mag for a Gu/Ra worth it? According to some simulations I've done, I would be at 620 R-ATK spot-on (Req. R-ATK for BiS Zexia Bullet) if I put as much R-ATK into the Mag as possible for it to still evolve into a Tucana. Here's the build with what seems to be the best Mag spread for a Gu/Ra Tucana:

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...b00000ib00000f

I'm not into min-maxing like a crazy person... I think. I can use the current BiS weapon with this build. But losing ~76 R-ATK to ~73 DEX seems like a pretty big deal. Then again, Gunners get (most?) of their damage from PAs and if I am not mistaken 100% of DEX is added onto PA damage, so I would actually be doing approximately the same amount there. I am still somewhat unsure of where to go with this, so that's why I thought I'd ask people who have more experience in these things than I do. Thanks in advance for any feedback, especially to those who took the time to read this unnecessarily large wall of text. As for the rest of you...

TL;DR

Is raising a 3/74/73/0/0/0 Tucana Mag for a Gu/Ra worth the loss in R-ATK given that I'd still be able to equip Zexia Bullet (BiS TMG)?