Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast

Nexon does much worst in relation to "gambling."

Symbol arts might be moderated but its so hard to do so that I doubt it. Previous Phantasy Star's had the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinamori View Post
    You're thinking too much on this. The only thing I see is the AC and FUN Scratch becoming shop items.
    Not really, I have to deal with marketing so I understand how "accessibility" works with Americans. To hit as broad of an audience as possible, these are very plausible things that could happen. Also, being that it's a thread discussing PSO2 NA release theories, I don't think I'm overthinking anything. Isn't that what we're supposed to be doing here? It's all hearsay until further notice anyway.

Symbol arts might be moderated but its so hard to do so that I doubt it. Previous Phantasy Star's had the same thing.
    I understand that; however, they were much less detailed and I'm fairly certain they were at a time when the general audience wasn't quite as young, especially when you consider the game had a monthly fee and purchase required whereas PSO2 will be F2P entirely.
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

SoA can't even moderate cheaters. What makes you think they'll have the capability to moderate Code:Penetration SAs?

Quote Originally Posted by Macman View Post
    SoA can't even moderate cheaters. What makes you think they'll have the capability to moderate Code:Penetration SAs?
    Therein lies the problem -- if they can't find an efficient yet low-workload method of censoring Symbol Arts, they may modify them heavily to a point where they aren't similar to the current ones on JP. They'll do whatever brings in more revenue, which typically ends up being censorship of those sort of things since it opens the doors to a broader audience rather than a niche audience.

AKA SilverCross/Pikachu Quatre52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DreXxiN View Post
    Not really, I have to deal with marketing so I understand how "accessibility" works with Americans. To hit as broad of an audience as possible, these are very plausible things that could happen. Also, being that it's a thread discussing PSO2 NA release theories, I don't think I'm overthinking anything. Isn't that what we're supposed to be doing here? It's all hearsay until further notice anyway.

I understand that; however, they were much less detailed and I'm fairly certain they were at a time when the general audience wasn't quite as young, especially when you consider the game had a monthly fee and purchase required whereas PSO2 will be F2P entirely.
    The original PSO had no monthly fee.

A lot of games offer ways to have custom symbols and art done in game, Sega is doing nothing truly special here with this, I'd expect no different treatment of there system than anyone else's.

Quote Originally Posted by Quatre52 View Post
    The original PSO had no monthly fee.

A lot of games offer ways to have custom symbols and art done in game, Sega is doing nothing truly special here with this, I'd expect no different treatment of there system than anyone else's.
    The original did, in fact, have a monthly fee. It was a Hunter's License and it was $9.99 a month.

AKA SilverCross/Pikachu Quatre52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DreXxiN View Post
    The original did, in fact, have a monthly fee. It was a Hunter's License and it was $9.99 a month.
    PSO had no fee, PSO v.2 had, the fee. 15 for 3 months. PSO ep1 and 2 had the 9.99 a month fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Quatre52 View Post
    PSO had no fee, PSO v.2 had, the fee. 15 for 3 months. PSO ep1 and 2 had the 9.99 a month fee.
    Hmm, I definitely could have sworn paying all the way back to the original V1 Dreamcast release (It was region based if you had to pay or not for V1 apparently), but regardless, you claimed "the original "PSO" had no monthly fee, which I just insinuated as PSO in general. Either way, I have no proof of the V1 billing, so if you had a source for your information that'd be awesome.

Still, that doesn't change the fact that they would make decisions targetting a younger demograph for other reasons:

- A F2P PC title in 2013 is still far, far more accessible than a Dreamcast B2P title (assuming V1 didn't have a Hunter's License) in which you had to use a 28.8k/56k modem, especially for youth.

- Children, in general, play a lot more online games than they did in the past. Free to Play makes it that much more accessible

- Gaming nowadays is constantly under attack by the media for being poor influences to children and times have changed.

What I'm implying is that, from a business persective and whether we like it or not, it's smarter for SEGA to apply this kind of censorship for a much higher potential revenue due to parents much more willing to buy things for their kids/teenagers when the game is "appropriate." So while I'm not going to guarantee they will do all of this censorship, I would bet money on it if SEGA is intelligent with their fiscal responsibility.

The "niche" of people they lose that find uncensored games endearing is honestly much, much smaller of a loss than anyone ever thinks it will be, and worth the gain of potential customers due to a wider audience to appeal to. The usual case is people bitching about it and then continuing to play it.
    Last edited by DreXxiN; Apr 14, 2013 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlankM View Post
    Nexon does much worst in relation to "gambling."

Nexon can go die in a hole!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vindictus's rng -have fun enhanceing- is very very very rigged also weapons blow up on fail after a certain point oh also they have a glitchy fail autoban system.

Mabinogi also is rng stupid. also getting gotchapwned is not fun.

have not really played many of their other games except for dfo which is closeing soon :/

-nonsensical rage filled -more nonsensical- 4 years worth of nonsensical ranting- ranting- ranting-! ! ! !

And this is why I play JP Pso2 over them

Nexon has good games but they have been run like total crap more than normal for the past year.
    hell.

PSO2 atm is being run way way better it's the first time I never intended to put over 100 hours into a game and ended up over at 1000 ._.

I meant only to test characters out on waiting for the NA version :U which so far I have went through 9

Who the hell bumped this
    PSO:BB - Shelburz - 3x EXP server GM