Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Never rly cared for the whacking part but when I use wands and run out of PP I never get close I switch to a gunslash and shot a couple of shots and im back to full pp nuff said on that.
    Might as well use a rod then...

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Never rly cared for the whacking part but when I use wands and run out of PP I never get close I switch to a gunslash and shot a couple of shots and im back to full pp nuff said on that.
    Why not just play force then?

oh boy:

wands have a slight delay after casting which makes their casting speed slower than with any other weapon.
    they are generally weaker than rods (added to this, umbra stick is only 8 points less t-atk than the strongest wand, but the casting speed makes up for it -- Baridran Wand and Elysion don't count as you need unearthly amount of S-Atk you lose out in the end)
    the melee isn't really -that- powerful. I mean yeah, it has pretty highish numbers, but both melee classes and technique classes easily overpower that. it's not as efficient to melee when things are close and use techniques when ranged are far because these games suck.
    also no step attack makes it far less flexible. sure you can use things like zondeel to keep stuff at bay, but that takes more time than a quick step attack. the melee also has low range. this is bad simple because the reason melee classes are actually good is because things like assault buster and sonic arrow exist (and for things like bosses or certain enemies, actual close range shit like Deadly Archer and Over End).

also the "allclass" wand is not allclass, it can only be equipped by force and techer, but needs an unearthly amount of s-atk anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    This can be said about a lot of classes, but I agree with the rest for the most part.

There is, but it's an 11* and has a 500 T-atk requirement. :/
    It's force and techer exclusive.

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%8...83%B3%E3%83%89

There is no allclass weapon.

The issues with wands go hand in hand with the issues with techer...
    Slower animation between casting tech and returning to a state when you can recast
    Lower TATK
    TE is mediocre as a main, lacking the oomph FO's skilltree offers, meaning a competitive (not necessarily effective, but competitive - even a hunter using exclusively 1* gear can be "effective" in the right hands) tech-using techer must always sub force
    Close range-oriented playstyle with no actual unique abilities at close ranges, like mobility PA's and such
    The snow banther unit set has better sdef than the ragne unit set, rendering force better for defense to boot

That's a derp on my part about Elysion.

I see where you guys are coming from. Maybe I'm just biased because of how low all my classes tend to be. I'll get back on this once I can do... whatever is "endgame" by the time I get that high. As it is right now I don't feel I can make any sort of compelling argument simply because I've not played to very high levels.

Try going for a +10 set of red weapons. They're nice and cheap, and can get to 50 element with ease. They help you get a grasp of what everything is capable of.

And, honestly, if you really like wands? Use them anyway. Something is only effective if it's fun enough that you want to keep playing. I play te/fo (mainly because I'm a male cast, lol) and have a blast. After I found an umbra stick, though, it got to be a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Try going for a +10 set of red weapons. They're nice and cheap, and can get to 50 element with ease. They help you get a grasp of what everything is capable of.

And, honestly, if you really like wands? Use them anyway. Something is only effective if it's fun enough that you want to keep playing. I play te/fo (mainly because I'm a male cast, lol) and have a blast. After I found an umbra stick, though, it got to be a lot better.
    I just feel like they get a worse rep than they deserve. The problem is that I only have techer at 25 on Tori and don't have it at all on Milla so it's gonna be a while before I can do anything. I'm partly worried that I think they're so good because of the low levels I've played Techer at.

Well, wands are cheaper then Rod, so I currently see quite a few people using it.
    Since the price for the Forest and Sky island Rod are..quite high.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

my problem as TE is figuring out what to /do/ with the class.
    I mean besides spell cast/melee fight whatnot. The tree leaves me in a complicated situation, As i leveled TE, I prioritized Resta advance in the attempts of giving better resta heals and Territory Boost for the same thing.

But as I try to be support-y I die to everything 1 shot because lol FO/TE has 2% def stats.

Though I find myself as an outcast for these discussions as I try to be a "tanky" FO with HU skill tree being tank oriented.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I like the concept of wands, but if they're gonna have melee as a trump card. I wish they had hunter step. or even an interesting unique step attack incorporated into mirage escape.

Also PAs based around the half melee half magic attack behind wand gear.

I think that'd make up more than enough of it being a slower rod with almost unused S-atk on it.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.