scary place on earth called gamefaqs.com,name is CieraBakufu there.

Default trainer wanted...

since i am new to psobb i would like someone to train me in how to do the quests and i am just a level 1.my character is Ame(short for Amelia)and i am a cast hunter.(gawd i hope i said it right...X_X)

The quests actually do a great job of teaching, and helping you figure it out as you go. They have some nice pacing and NPC buddies of varying strength to come with you. You can hit up the quest lady in the room you spawn in, and take any quest she offers.

Some things to note:
    When you clear a quest it may unlock new quests. Some quests require just 1 or 2 to be done, others require an entire area's quests to be cleared. Others still only require you unlock their own area, like mines caves etc.
    Quests become inaccessible when you clear them, but unlock again for you when you clear all of them. This is a great thing to do and not actually that hard. That said...
    Some quests are far and above the best for farming certain things in offline mode. These quests are fantastic for getting certain enemies, and you'll probably want to NOT turn them in so you can repeat them to hunt a certain drop. When you clear it just safely save and quit the game instead of going to the guild counter. A few quests of note are The Fake in Yellow (rappies), Forest of Sorrow (hildebears), Addicting Food (a lot of stuff!), and Unsealed Door (a lot of stuff again!). These are just a couple examples that I used a LOT to hunt certain items, but every quest offers a unique selection of enemies and layout. There is an optimum quest for every enemy in the game, but some are definitely easier to hunt than others (sinow golds/reds )

Doing quests is also a great way to prep your experience bar for unlocking the next area, too.

edit: Also, a bit more advice: Mags are complex little critters, BUT you can find more in mines! If you mess one up, don't sweat it. You can raise as many as you can carry. There's a quest that gets you some basic info on them, but the gist is: They add to your base stats (for equipping items), they raise DFP, ATP, ATA, and MST (in order of listed mag stats), and their evolutions vary based on section ID, class (HU/RA/FO), and later on even race/gender. There are some great guides to help you out around here, but they can be a bit much so feel free to ask questions.

edit2: Also the luck stat does not affect drops. It's purely for your crit rate. Just getting that one out of the way now, we've all had our hopes dashed on that one.

edit3: Ah, and you say "cast hunter." (That's not wrong). Are you male or female? Male would be HUcast, female would be HUcaseal (Females tend to end in L's). I ask because females have exceptionally high ATA (accuracy), and males are just the opposite. You'll miss a LOT as a male early game, and will need to rely on the hit stat for many weapons. It's a fifth % bonus on weapons, and is hidden unless the weapon has it. It's not even a %, it just adds raw ata. 50% ata = 50 ata full stop. It's VERY handy.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Mar 17, 2013 at 09:07 AM.

If you get stuck on a particular QUEST, you can check out the GUIDES section of the site for help Like gigawuts mentioned, the quests are paced well and are generally self-explanatory. When I first started playing I got stuck on Letter From Lionel. Had to resort to a guidebook for help (that was before I found this site lol.)
    Last edited by VioletSkye; Mar 17, 2013 at 12:01 PM.

Hahaha, letter from lionel was awful the first time I tried, but the hints really help out if you already know the layout of each area!

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Hahaha, letter from lionel was awful the first time I tried, but the hints really help out if you already know the layout of each area!
    Heh totally!! Looking back at it now, I can see where the hints really help, but for some reason back then, I found Lionel's hints cryptic and they just didn't click in my head. Not one of my better gaming moments lol.

scary place on earth called gamefaqs.com,name is CieraBakufu there.

well the quests are helping me get a feel for it and i am enjoying it more than psp versions of phantasy star.