Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pa's and future

you know topics like this make me wonder if you all would of played fonewms and fomars and called fomarl and fonewearl gimp. and any hu thats not hucast is also gimp. anything other than racast? pfft garbage. i also didnt realize this community was so against specialization i guess im a black sheep here in that reguard.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

We're not against specialization. We're against bad specialization. Like Unlucky said, if this were implemented, Techers would get access to higher levels of -Zan, -Megid and Grants while Forces would get -Foie and -Zonde. Who gets the better end of this deal, really?

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    does anyone think moving forward pa caps should be placed on the main class? like only techer can use zan/grants/megid/shifta/deband/resta at lvs higher than 15?
    I think it'd be better if techers get wand exclusive techs instead. :X

Yes, well, seeing as it's coming from Mr. I Hate Everything Good, I can see why you would want to make Techer even less desirable than Force while also taking melee classes down a peg, just so you can make your ultimate weakest class combination to fulfill your twisted desire to punish yourself the entire time you play.

You know what your proposed change wouldn't affect? Gu/Ra's boss killing ability, or Ra/(Hu/Fi)'s mob clearing. All it does is further limit Fi/Hu to Double Sabers, Hu/Fi to Swords, and Fo/(Te/Fi) to Flame/Bolt. There is even less incentive to deviate, because you lose more than you gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    you know topics like this make me wonder if you all would of played fonewms and fomars and called fomarl and fonewearl gimp. and any hu thats not hucast is also gimp. anything other than racast? pfft garbage. i also didnt realize this community was so against specialization i guess im a black sheep here in that reguard.
    Would have?

I logged over 8,000 hours across 10 characters on PSO.

I had 3 Fos, 3 Hus and 4 Ras.

You can't compare the two games though. the PBs are different, stats are different, there is no such thing as hidden talents.

plus you're talking about freaking splitting good from bad even more. Making bad WORSE.

HOW IS THAT A GOOD IDEA?

And you hate everything that isn't gimped. Everyone here as saying the balance shift would make force even better which I would thing would be the thing you'd be against. But no. Ok, lets make force better and techer worse. We want balance, you want to screw the underdog.

But yeah, we're the ones who are off kilter.
    Last edited by SociableTyrannosaur; Mar 17, 2013 at 10:52 PM.

i want balance too but with techer its tricky because you have people wanting 2 different things from it. you've got people wanting to relive fomarl glory days. and you've got others that want techer to be to force what fighter is to hu.

what i want to go away is the situation where if you have 2 classes one is superior to the other as a main. for example if you want melee and support and have hu and te at 55. there no reason to have Te be the main as opposed to HU. ive also seen people say that Fi/Hu is superior to Hu/Fi because you can just use lamda weapons.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

they say it's preferred for balance. there are fewer weapons available for Hu/Fi - that's all. Not the same thing as saying Fi/Hu is better cause there are no good weapons on the Hu side. AT ALL

Techer doesn't have to be DPS if the game allowed for better support and made it something you could only do as a techer main. But techer main = wands. there's no benefit to wands and techer vs fo as a main that's the only difference. In addition techer's skill tree is very flawed making techer main with any sub other than force less productive in every way due to techer's skill set.

Two very different conversations and PAs would only make it worse.
    Last edited by SociableTyrannosaur; Mar 18, 2013 at 04:52 AM.

If good all-class knuckles, daggers, and sabers existed, you could go Hu/Fi and not lose out heavily in one direction.

Gimping subclass PAs would mean:

Fi/Hu would have good Fighter and Hunter weapons, but bad Hunter PAs

Hu/Fi would have good Hunter weapons, but bad Fighter weapons and bad Fighter PAs

Fi/Hu would still be the better all-around choice, since it is less limiting. If you want to exclusively be a Fighter, go Fi/Hu. If you want to do a bit of both, go Fi/Hu. If you want to exclusively be a Hunter, then you can go Hu/Fi.

I think they should toss the class subclass thing and make you build you character with what skills you will.

Eh, if you ask me, I'd like to see more secondary effects in PA's/Tech's

E.g. Quake Howling on a pond creates a much larger shockwave.
    And masteries actually and gradually changing the techs themselves.
    E.g. Wind mastery slowly grants a homing ability to zan, increases razan's lift altitude, increases Sazan's suction, hitrate of gizan, etc etc.
    Light mastery increasing the Aoe of grants, width/range of ragrants, range/hitrate of gigrants.
    Ice mastery increasing (gi)barta size, rabarta duration, blablabla
    like weapon gears on PA's...you get the idea.
    Either that or grant them as the tech levels up.

(And minor environmental things such as foie techs actually burning trees instead of breaking them)

Are you a ship 8 player? Want some friends to get started? Start with me! (CURRENTLY Busy with university )