Default Anyone else running PSO2 on WinXP? (Need help with error)

Just putting this is a place where people can see it. I'm using linux on my main machine, but I wanted to run PSO2 on a different computer.

I have a windows xp fresh install with direct x, and east asian languages installed. I have pso2 completely downloaded and updated, when I start game guard starts up fine, the logo comes up but right when the program (pso2.exe) actually starts (right before the sega/nvidia logo), the game experiences an unknown error and crashes. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Kion; Mar 22, 2013 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kion View Post
    Just putting this is a place where people can see it. I'm using linux on my main machine, but I wanted to run PSO2 on a different computer.

I have a windows xp fresh install with direct x, and east asian languages installed. I have pso2 completely downloaded and updated, when I start game guard starts up fine, the logo comes up but right when the program (pso2.exe) actually starts (right before the sega/nvidia logo), the game experiences an unknown error and crashes. Any ideas?
    Try turnning off any antivirus and unnecessary program
    Update driver on GPU, etc.
    Update windows to the latest version, PSO2 require SP3 on XP
    Try turning graphic setting to lowest too
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    Try turnning off any antivirus and unnecessary program
    Update driver on GPU, etc.
    Update windows to the latest version, PSO2 require SP3 on XP
    Try turning graphic setting to lowest too
    Hmmm, tried all of that. Maybe because it's actually on a virtual machine. I might try windows 7 and see if that does any better.

Hmmm, tried all of that. Maybe because it's actually on a virtual machine. I might try windows 7 and see if that does any better.
    Yeah, I actually had problems running it in a windows xp virtual machine myself to be honest.

I tried again with windows 7. I got to the Sega logo this time and then it crashes during the opening movie. Not meant to be i guess.

hm, try using a real win insall on a small partition?
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

The problem with that is I never have any luck with the boot record. I always manage to screw it up. I really don't have too much information on this computer as it is, but I'd rather not have to start from scratch if I do mess something up.

The game itself isn't very fun for me at all. It's mostly using the game as a base and tweaking it is what I find enjoyable. What I wanted to do with the game on a virtual computer, is that if you had the game running on a server with a static ip address then you could connect to the server and play the game from anywhere as long as you had access to a browser. Which game it is doesn't really matter, so I may go back and try it with pso or something.

Edit: Nope. Pso doesn't work either. I'm thinking the virtual graphics card isn't good enough? Everything else should be about the same.
    Last edited by Kion; Mar 23, 2013 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gama View Post
    hm, try using a real win insall on a small partition?
    I agree, I would just duo boot than play in a VM environment...

Nope. Pso doesn't work either. I'm thinking the virtual graphics card isn't good enough? Everything else should be about the same.
    Virtual machines use some sort of "custom" graphics drivers, they are not meant for playing games.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

virtual machines on linux use wine database for dx based aplications, so pso2 shouldnt work i guess, not sure.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.