Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 54552535455565758 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrusnagisa View Post
    Sega fails again.... why do I even bother -.-
    Because one day we all hope they will attain their former glory.
    And intelligence.

After thinking about it, I can see 3 possibilities for this delay:

1. Sega is completely translating the game to completely synch up with the Japanese client. Likely since it would make sense to get all of the translating done at once and it would make more sense since they have learned from their past error called PSU. Unlikely because Segac.

2. Sega is completely translating the game to the vanilla release, making the game more appealing to the west. Likely since the game's model now may not be readily loved in the west, being very grindy, hence requiring more time program it in. Unlikely, because there were quite a few bugs and errors in the vanilla release.

3. Sega is going through some financial troubles. Likely since Sega has been struggling for quite a while. Also, it could be because focus testing found that there is no market in the west. Unlikely, since the game seems to be popular in Japan.

I'm honestly not surprised that the translation is taking as long as it is. You gotta remember that there is a ton of text and voice acting in the game. I would be worried if there's still no word after e3 though.

The delay is not really the matter here.
    The real matter is SEGA not telling us anything about the reason behind the delay.
    If they told us they got hard time and need more time for localisation , so be it. everyone will understand.
    But SEGA remaining silent won't make us at ease ....

GLORY TO POUNY !!!!!
    pounybunny !! nuuuu !!

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109875

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChoco View Post
    After thinking about it, I can see 3 possibilities for this delay:

1. Sega is completely translating the game to completely synch up with the Japanese client. Likely since it would make sense to get all of the translating done at once and it would make more sense since they have learned from their past error called PSU. Unlikely because Segac.

2. Sega is completely translating the game to the vanilla release, making the game more appealing to the west. Likely since the game's model now may not be readily loved in the west, being very grindy, hence requiring more time program it in. Unlikely, because there were quite a few bugs and errors in the vanilla release.

3. Sega is going through some financial troubles. Likely since Sega has been struggling for quite a while. Also, it could be because focus testing found that there is no market in the west. Unlikely, since the game seems to be popular in Japan.

I'm honestly not surprised that the translation is taking as long as it is. You gotta remember that there is a ton of text and voice acting in the game. I would be worried if there's still no word after e3 though.

Tell that to Arks Layer.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

There are three reasons as far as I can imagine

1. Bureaucracy is bogging down the whole procedure, SoA needs such-and-such and SoJ is being slow about it for whatever/the usual reasons. SoA needs to make changes, SoJ needs to hold a meeting about it, SoJ doesn't like the way SoA said "hi" so they have to completely drop the entire idea, the usual bureaucratic bullshit.
    2. Money owned not being enough.
    3. Money expected to be gained not being enough, either short or long term, because JRPG's don't market well or whatever usual reason, because they're too inept or unable to convince SoJ to let them fix up certain aspects to make it more marketable etc.

tl;dr
    1. bureaucracy, ineptitude
    2. bureaucracy, ineptitude
    3. bureaucracy, ineptitude

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    There are three reasons as far as I can imagine

1. Bureaucracy is bogging down the whole procedure, SoA needs such-and-such and SoJ is being slow about it for whatever/the usual reasons. SoA needs to make changes, SoJ needs to hold a meeting about it, SoJ doesn't like the way SoA said "hi" so they have to completely drop the entire idea, the usual bureaucratic bullshit.
    2. Money owned not being enough.
    3. Money expected to be gained not being enough, either short or long term, because JRPG's don't market well or whatever usual reason, because they're too inept or unable to convince SoJ to let them fix up certain aspects to make it more marketable etc.

tl;dr
    1. bureaucracy, ineptitude
    2. bureaucracy, ineptitude
    3. bureaucracy, ineptitude
    Well seeing how SoJ has pretty much treated SoA and SoE much like the red headed step children, I wouldn't be so surprised. Not after seeing the history of SoA getting the shaft on more than one occasion.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

I am giving SoA way too much credit in all of those reasons. I do not think SoJ are the evil people keeping SoA down.

I think SoA is highly corporatized, just as much as its competition, but doesn't have as much momentum and is therefor relatively falling behind, losing market shares, and just generally being forgotten about.

The way I see it, SoA is stuck in its ways, and its ways never really worked in the first place...

Well, SoJ's slow takeover and Kalinske's leave has a definite impact. Of course, this was years ago but it's part of why SoA is hilariously bad. I don't know what the employee makeup of the company is now.

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

Sonic Team?

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shinamori View Post
    Sonic Team?
    Sonic Team has no involvement with this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.