Default Friend Invite System - Rerolling your Chars

Hello everyone. I would like your opinion about what would happen if you decide to recreate a character that have been created for a friend invite system. Let me explain why i am worried.

The thing is, a few months ago, i bought a new character slot on my main account, and then the day i tried to reroll it (i play Hardcore and everything so i keep rerolling cause i'm bad haha) i had to pay AC again !! Just thinking about it making me angry again so i'll just keep going. Now that shows something i couldn't explain but something like "the character slot is more important than the said account". If you buy mags, inventory spaces, that kind of thing, it's all wasted.

Now, what about the Friend Invite System. Have you tested yourself? Or even if you haven't, what do you think about that.

And well just for the little story, i finally made one of my friends to come join me on this amasing game (i don't know for you but i have trouble making my friends come) and we used this system. I ALSO created a second account just for this occasion, so it's kinda cheating but beee who cares right.

Thank you for any insight you could provide me, i really wanna some answers because you know, so many things that would make me wanna reroll :/
    (i already regret my second lv2 character's default skin , for instance, and i'm scared to reroll it).

-------------------------

I don't know how much infos you guys on PSO World have about the friend invite system but just in case, i'll put some raw little informations about this right here, maybe someone will make a use from it.

- You can invite as many friends as you want.
    - You can only be invited by a friend ONCE !
    - You MUST create a completly new account (SegaID) in order to get invited. You will be asked for your friend's ID when you create a first character on an account that has never created any characters on any ships.
    - AS FOR 02/04/2013, DO NOT try to make your friend ENpatch the game before doing the prologue, as the prologue will crash at the end, when you are loading the Arks Lobby. I had to filecheck the game (so basically reinstall the JP version) in order to get my new char to the lobby. Once you'r done, you can reapply your dear english patches.
    Last edited by Zaven; Apr 4, 2013 at 08:49 AM.

I'm not sure, but I know you get badges if your invited character is on the same ship as your friend. You get badges the first time you reach a specified level as any class, but only once per level "tier."

You can test it on your alt account fairly easily. Before you reach level 10, the first time badges are rewarded, delete your invited character and remake. If you don't get anything at lv10 on your new character, you have your answer.

Yeah i decided to try by myself and i'll post the answer.
    But to be honest i was kinda hoping that someone would have farmed some badges and could avoid me to take the risk to blow the link between my main and my other char but.. beeh it's fine.

The little hint i got since my post is that in the ingame mail, the only thing that wasn't in japanese was my account name, and it wasn't the character's name.
    So i guess once the accounts are linked you'r okay, but we'll definitly know only once i'll be 20 on the reroll (i get 10, i get a badge, i reroll, i get 20, and we'll see).

Well I don't think you can get any new badges if you delete a lv40 character and remake, plus you might as well make a new account to keep your high level alt around. So someone simply farming badges wouldn't run into this.

Also you do get more badges at higher tiers, so it's not strictly better to repeatedly remake at lv10.

Another way to test this is to invite two characters, get one of the new characters to lv10, delete your ORIGINAL character who invited both of the others, then get the other invited character to lv10. Both "friends" get badges each time the invited one first reaches a level tier, so you can see if this "invite status" breaks when a character is deleted.

You do raise an interesting point is that once you reach a tier and get your badges, there isn't any real issue with rerolling.

But i still need to know before hand, what i mean is, if by rerolling a lv 10 char because i don't know, you changed your mind on the skin or you missclicked a skill point, if by doing this you screw yourself up for the next tiers, it's an issue.

If you don't, if the matter is just that you can't "farm" your already won badges, then it's not a problem.

----

The thing where i delete the original char would take much more time to test as i would have to create many emails and accounts for that (i'm not taking the risk to break the link between my main char and my friend, only the one between my own chars). But it's fine, you enlightened me a bit on this matter and i know what and how to test. Thank you by the way for trying to figure it out with me.

You can't buy character slots. You are buying additional characters themselves. So if you delete the character, you will have to buy a new one.

Also, there is no rule against making multiple accounts and/or using the friend invitation system on yourself to farm badges. Not only that, but Sega wants you to create more accounts. They use the total number of Player IDs to help advertise the game.

"Over one million Player IDs!"
    Quit PSO2

You get badges the first time you reach a specified level as any class, but only once per level "tier

It is worth noticing that when my first character (who is a reroll on an account that is old, and have had Lv 3x characters before) went 10 tonight, my second character on a second account, did not get any badge reward.

Nothing to worry about but it appears that you do have to gain to a tier that you never reached before, just like you said, but even if it was before you "friendinvite" the other account. I'll confirm that at Lv 20.