Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Those of You Playing on Vita with a US PSN Account

Have any of you been banned? I'm thinking of tying my account to my US PSN. But I'm worried I may get banned for it. Thoughts?

Considering you've already been on your Vita on your account, it's not going to work because you cannot unlink accounts as far as I know.

See? That's what I thought. But here's the thing. I submitted a ticket that same day to sega asking them to unlink the accounts. They said no, but then this morning I got an email saying they did it.

That's interesting. I assumed that they just wouldn't do it ever, but sees you got some good luck there. :P

Anyway, knowing that (and I don't think he's here), Shadow is still playing on his US PSN account and hasn't been banned, so you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    That's interesting. I assumed that they just wouldn't do it ever, but sees you got some good luck there. :P

Anyway, knowing that (and I don't think he's here), Shadow is still playing on his US PSN account and hasn't been banned, so you should be fine.
    Ah, that's good to know! Yeah, it was strange. They shot me down pretty quickly and closed the ticket. So I was pretty shocked this morning - a month after the fact - to find an email stating they'd changed their minds.

It also quite literally says they are doing this this ONE time only.

EDIT: For those of you more inclined to read/translate JP, I've posted the body of the email below:

Quote Originally Posted by SOJ Support
    平素は『ファンタシースターオンライン2』をご愛顧いただき
    誠にありがとうございます。

担当のセガカスタマーサポートよりご案内しております。

お客様よりお問い合わせいただきました件につきまして、
    検討いたしました結果、お客様のSEGA IDと
    Sony Entertainment Network アカウントの
    連携を一度だけ解除することといたしました。

お手数をおかけしますが、連携解除を希望される場合は
    再度「その他のお問い合わせ」フォームから連携解除を
    希望されるSEGA IDとPlayStation NetworkのオンラインID
    を入力して、投稿していただけますようお願いいたします。

I was wondering this exact same thing. What did you put in your original ticket to get the process going?

Is linking it to you US PSN a bad thing? The only thing im worried about when I get it is not being able to link my english copy

Quote Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
    Ah, that's good to know! Yeah, it was strange. They shot me down pretty quickly and closed the ticket. So I was pretty shocked this morning - a month after the fact - to find an email stating they'd changed their minds.

It also quite literally says they are doing this this ONE time only.

EDIT: For those of you more inclined to read/translate JP, I've posted the body of the email below:
    平素は『ファンタシースターオンライン2』をご愛顧いただき
    誠にありがとうございます。

担当のセガカスタマーサポートよりご案内しております。

お客様よりお問い合わせいただきました件につきまして、
    検討いたしました結果、お客様のSEGA IDと
    Sony Entertainment Network アカウントの
    連携を一度だけ解除することといたしました。

お手数をおかけしますが、連携解除を希望される場合は
    再度「その他のお問い合わせ」フォームから連携解除を
    希望されるSEGA IDとPlayStation NetworkのオンラインID
    を入力して、投稿していただけますようお願いいたします。
    You're lucky.

Seems they gave you a pass this time around and let this one fly but I don't think they'd do it again or for anyone but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaju122 View Post
    Is linking it to you US PSN a bad thing? The only thing im worried about when I get it is not being able to link my english copy
    If english copy were going to be release its going to be totally on a different server and consider different linking as it will be handled by different maintainers(definitely not Sega JP).
    Ship 2
    P.ID : Alisa.Omelia || Char Name : 鴇羽 舞衣
    Ship 8
    Char Name : CrimsonGeist

Feel free to add as friend in game.

Quote Originally Posted by riku2replica View Post
    If english copy were going to be release its going to be totally on a different server and consider different linking as it will be handled by different maintainers(definitely not Sega JP).
    So you're pretty sure that US PSO2 (if it even comes to Vita) will be able to link to a PSN account, even if that same PSN account is tied to JP PSO2?

Hm. That's fantastic if it turns out to be true.