Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Income Taxs View Post
    Seriously, if it takes you guys next to no time to translate shit, then A) Why isn't there a western release yet? and B) Who really NEEDS a western release/why work on one when they can just allow this by throwing their ToS out the door? Sega... why oh why can't your team be this good...
    Because there is much more to localization and setting up a separate server in another country/set of countries than translation.

You're asking why someone can't make a movie, since they already have the sets and script.

You need people, lots of people, you need hardware, you need marketing, you need money. This shit ain't free and it ain't fucking magic.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Because there is much more to localization and setting up a separate server in another country/set of countries than translation.

You're asking why someone can't make a movie, since they already have the sets and script.

You need people, lots of people, you need hardware, you need marketing, you need money. This shit ain't free and it ain't fucking magic.
    In all fairness, we haven't seen much of that in Western releases of the Phantasy Star series for the last few titles whatsoever.

So far its only item names, not even the descriptions. I think the descriptions might be held in another table possably. I just need to look deeper.

AIDA, you saw that I answered you, right?

I have a question about using this patch.

When it's all ready to go, how will shop searching work? For example, if I get an item and want to price check it on player shops, I won't be able to search for the English name, will I? Will I have to go online and look up the Japanese name of the item anyways to be able to price check it?

EDIT: a bit off topic, but just wanted to point out AIDA that I love your name and your website is awesome. Huge .Hack fan here myself =]
    PSO:BB - Shelburz - 3x EXP server GM

I've seen this before, i guess you can set up a table in CE to intercept data in the memory (item names sent from server) and change text to what you want in the table+^_^+ unfortunately, it would only work for like 5 minutes and could result in bans, considering CE, if you find a way to get this to work, you should try and find a way to keep users from using it for exploiting it+^_^+

EDIT; at above, could you use same method in reverse to send server proper data for shop searches and such??

EDIT 2; what's to keep constant changes in the server environment, such as item names, from suddenly making this not work?
    Last edited by Chik'Tikka; Apr 16, 2013 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    We're not too sure of how it'll work out just yet - Everything is in the sort of "How does this work? Oh, like this!" phase for right now. Once I have a definite answer though, I'll post it here.

Thanks ;D I was actually part of the team that translated .hack//LINK as well, so this isn't my first rodeo. :3

As for the site, you can also check out http://www.thecrimsondevil.com/oldlook / http://www.thecrimsondevil.com/legacy (Never got past the first stages, replaced by the current look) / http://www.thecrimsondevil.com/defaced for the older versions of the site. It used to be www.keyoftwilight.com, but I lost the URL, and it would be like 200 dollars to get it back (Forget that!)
    Oh damn you worked on that too? That's awesome! And I'll check out those links too, thanks!
    PSO:BB - Shelburz - 3x EXP server GM

Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    Since we're not Sega of America and we like to keep our fans informed, thought I'd drop a quick update. Progress is coming slowly, but surely! We (and by "we", I mean "MrTurkleton") have made another important discovery! Another "proof-of-concept" shot:

Spoiler!

;D Thoughts?

As always, help is welcome! Anyone with knowledge of memory editing, pointers, or C++ is encouraged to send me a message
    still using CE for this i assume.

gameguard fails yet again its funny actually. most useless security in the world.

did you figure how to make a dll hook that gameguard dosent see?
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Oh gawd

If you can manage to get this past GG...

Can you do the same for SweetFX?

'Cause I would worship the ground under your feet eternally if you could.

Quote Originally Posted by Gama View Post
    still using CE for this i assume.

gameguard fails yet again its funny actually. most useless security in the world.

did you figure how to make a dll hook that gameguard dosent see?
    i would very much like to know if this is true, such knowledge would help me to get rivatuner to hook+^_^+ it just don't wanna hook and i like that OSD a lot+^_^+