Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Because there is much more to localization and setting up a separate server in another country/set of countries than translation.

You're asking why someone can't make a movie, since they already have the sets and script.

You need people, lots of people, you need hardware, you need marketing, you need money. This shit ain't free and it ain't fucking magic.
    For once...I agree with everything Gigawuts has said here to the point where all I can do is just point at this point.

This was would be extremely awesome if you could do this.
    I am just happy that the options and other stuff is translated so I actually know what is what.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    You need people, lots of people, you need hardware, you need marketing, you need money. This shit ain't free and it ain't fucking magic.
    The funny thing is, you need all those things for what we're giving for free. At the rate our translators and coders are going, by the time an english release is, erm, released, we won't be given anything we don't already have. In fact, I'd say the quality of life will be lower if one uses that version.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    The funny thing is, you need all those things for what we're giving for free. At the rate our translators and coders are going, by the time an english release is, erm, released, we won't be given anything we don't already have. In fact, I'd say the quality of life will be lower if one uses that version.
    *remembers PSU translation for FOmarl wear to Formal Wear*

+^_^+

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    The only thing given is the translation. Regional support, hardware and localization are not.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

So I'm assuming that the item details are server side?
    Pain shared is lessened, joy shared, increased.

Welcome to the Machine Aquayoshi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skynigh View Post
    So I'm assuming that the item details are server side?
    Yes, they are server-side. If they were client-side, then it'd be a whole lot easier to translate them; in fact, they'd be translated already. :P

I would be fine with just the item names translated, is it possible to roll out a patch for that now?

Ship 2 Ur
    ID: Tanit Goddess
    Character: Tanit

My YouTube Channel | PSO World Shaun's Album

Quote Originally Posted by Chou-Chou View Post
    I would be fine with just the item names translated, is it possible to roll out a patch for that now?
    Pretty sure the issue is the hacking, not the translating. The Japanese text information isn't stored on your hard drive like the stuff we already have translation patches for. It comes straight from the PSO2 game servers every time you look at an item; ever notice the short delay between pointing at an item and its description appearing? That's the server sending you the info every time. To translate that, you need to do a live memory-edit, but that usually triggers GameGuard to shut you down...

Quote Originally Posted by Gigafreak View Post
    Pretty sure the issue is the hacking, not the translating. The Japanese text information isn't stored on your hard drive like the stuff we already have translation patches for. It comes straight from the PSO2 game servers every time you look at an item; ever notice the short delay between pointing at an item and its description appearing? That's the server sending you the info every time. To translate that, you need to do a live memory-edit, but that usually triggers GameGuard to shut you down...
    I see, so we are just going to have to wait for an NA/EU release in order for a proper translation of the entire game, in the mean time I am fine with what has already been/going to be translated.

Ship 2 Ur
    ID: Tanit Goddess
    Character: Tanit

My YouTube Channel | PSO World Shaun's Album