Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Mode.

Same here. Very Hard enemies have the same AI as the monsters you fight when you step into the game and learn the controls with Afin. Oooh, scary

I thought I read that the data unit it uses for difficulty has room for 8 difficulties. This doesn't mean they will use all 8 though. But if they did end with 8 difficulties I would expect a lvl 200 end cap.

I personally suspect a level 100 cap as well. Subclassing effectively doubles the actual level cap anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by oratank View Post
    extreme quest come next
    no ultimate yet
    in pso1 it take about lv120 for u can solo in ultimate
    Well, considering the trend in PSO2 is basically to divide everything in levels by 2 due to subclasses, then a level 60 ultimate mode would make a lot of sense here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joffrey X View Post
    Same here. Very Hard enemies have the same AI as the monsters you fight when you step into the game and learn the controls with Afin. Oooh, scary
    No, they don't.

You might not have noticed because it's only something like a 200% increase in aggressiveness versus their normal versions and they still die really quickly, but there is a definite difference (and odds are you haven't touched normal mode in an eternity to be able to tell the difference anyways).

For a great example of how they change, go fight Quartz Dragon on normal. Go fight him again on very hard. Go fight him in an AQ. The difference between him in normal and very hard may be minimal, but if you don't see how much he changes for Advance Quest than I'd love to know what you're smoking lol.

diggs cant hurt you in normal, at all, even when you sit down.
    diggs in VH, and especially AQ diggs will gangrape you, even given a second to attack, you most likely don't see it because they get AoE cluster-fucked down in 2-3 seconds, but try one solo, and you'll notice as melee anyway.

This is just diggs aswell, bosses are far far more noticeable and i cant wait for ultimate...

I can only imagine ultimate modes going to be super aggressive, and ill be sitting here with popcorn when all the whining threads will happen. It'll be fun
    Pso2 - Ship2: Proud manager of team Celestial
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Falcon View Post
    Loading tunnels have gone from 10-15 seconds down to 2-3 seconds and the normal lobby stuttering mess is buttery smooth currently.
    This must be some kind of glitch, I refuse to believe Sega have finally fixed this game's horrible performance problems.

Pssh, adding Ultimate would mean they would have to at least attempt on remodels of the current enemies to not disappoint all the players expecting that old tradition. Quite some work there.

Quote Originally Posted by Golto View Post
    I thought I read that the data unit it uses for difficulty has room for 8 difficulties.
    Yep, info from the Closed Beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrajag
    EDIT: Oh, hi. Turns out there are 8 difficulties planned right now. Unfortunately, anything above Very Hard (arguably, Very Hard also, considering how the gap doesn't fit in) is very much WIP! For reference, the ones above Very Hard currently list the following stats on all missions:
    1: Requires 60+, monsters level 50+
    2: Requires 80+, monsters level 75+
    3: Requires 105+, monsters level 100+
    4: Requires 170+, monsters level 150+
    5: Requires 190+, monsters level 200+
    If you want to compare to other unreleased Closed Beta difficulty requirements, assigned to specific missions:
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Vashyron; Apr 9, 2013 at 12:22 PM.

AQ enemies have a substantial boost in aggression, i noticed gorongos's roll nonstop, (not sure if it was always like this) diggs don't flinch, quarts attacks are a bit faster, etc. I hope ultimate does boost the agression even further and a great speed boost is given.

Mobs are relatively more aggressive, but they're still not aggressive. Everything still dies instantly, even in AQs.

I want more constant melee oneshots while I sit back and range spam things to death as always. They can't call it Ultimate mode because there won't be any new enemy types or remodels.

Problem is that trash mobs take the time to do a taunt or something before actually attacking most of the time. Doesn't matter how aggressive an Oodan is if it dies in an Over End, and takes the time of an Over End to thump its chest at me before even thinking to do a tackle or swipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnd View Post
    diggs cant hurt you in normal, at all, even when you sit down.
    diggs in VH, and especially AQ diggs will gangrape you, even given a second to attack, you most likely don't see it because they get AoE cluster-fucked down in 2-3 seconds, but try one solo, and you'll notice as melee anyway.

This is just diggs aswell, bosses are far far more noticeable and i cant wait for ultimate...

I can only imagine ultimate modes going to be super aggressive, and ill be sitting here with popcorn when all the whining threads will happen. It'll be fun
    I've soloed caves AQ a few times on my fighter, diggs still get staggered & tossed into uselessness just like in every other mode. If anything the enemies with ranged are the only ones ever putting up a fight, until they get staggered/knocked up. Enemies are a little harder to deal with solo if you're melee doing AQ, I will give you that...as for being more agressive, meh of course they are going to attack you, you're solo. But with that said, I feel like one of the only really agressive trash mobs are those fish darkers & midget dinians on FC, good god those are annoying.

The main issue is being in a party environment and everything just melts like a knife to hot butter with little to no effort.