Page 1 of 35 123411 ... LastLast

Default Someones needs to submit a japanese ticket about affixes

I get i get. Everyone says the percentages lie, blah blah. We've all heard it.
    But thats just not right.

If you're trying to affix something that has 70% chance, you should be successful 7 out of 10 times.
    Straight up. I cant even count how many times I've had over 50% and failed still..
    I know everyone knows about this, but someone should seriously write up a ticket to these guys and let em know. This shit just aint right.
    I'm tired of spending millions and not getting my affixes.
    Yes I know about the 100% tricks people use to do 3 affixes, but seriously with 70-80% I should be successful more often than im failing..

Someone needs to let them know.

That's because you are unworthy before the mighty RNGod, is all.

Considering that many JP players complained about Dudu in the past, it's most likely just confirmation bias.

Yeah, when I'm doing the 50-60% and 70-80% it often fails for at least 1-2 million worth of attempts and fodder. Everytime I try to affix, it feels like I drain the marketplace of cheap fodder.

The worst thing is it usually ends up taking 1-2 hours of constant attempts to get the setup I want. Affixing should not take 1-2 million + 1-2 hours. It's not fun or rewarding, it's just punishment.

Keep in mind that a 70/70 is in fact a 49% chance for both to work. If my math is right, you'll have a 70% chance that only one will affix, but a 49% chance that both will work. Same goes for 80/80, being only a 64% chance both will work. I've personally had it go both ways, with low %'s working and high %'s failing several times in a row in the past.
    Almost 10 years later. Still forever sleep deprived.

I failed 8 protected 9-10 grinds on my steam knuckles in the last 24 hours, and this is after another 7-8 two weeks ago - one of them with a 20% booster

Fuck the RNG

Fuck it hard and replace it with something remotely fucking consistent

Think of strong positive feelings to increase the chances of RNG being in your favor

But RNG is the lifeblood of the game. How else will PSO2 dripfeed its players?

On a more serious note: For a second, I thought the topic was going to address that affixing has hit a wall. Notice everyone has the same derpy Soul+30ATK, with maybe a HP/PP Boost, Status Ailment III, and/or Ability III tacked on if they're rich? These affixes have existed even just a few months in from the game's release, the fact that they're still the standard now is quite sad.

Affixing is a good concept that's now dumb just because of how horribly it scales. Sorry, but even if later Souls change the success rate for tier IV and V's to reach even remotely close to guarantee-levels, why anyone would spend exponentially more for +5 (tier IV) or +10 (tier V) in any stat is freaking beyond me.

So then the natural progression of affixing is 5+ slots. But getting 5 slots through expansion is lol, left alone transferring a desired Soul. So yea, if you want more than 4 slots, better pray to Dudu/Sakai that your weapon drops with 5+ slots.
    The obvious solution to this case is releasing AC items that dramatically boost slot expansion attempts. Buuut, I doubt SEGA has the competence to consider that.
    Last edited by MoonAtomizer; Apr 11, 2013 at 08:36 PM.

Ill go ahead and say that I failed 80%s and above and then turned around and got tech iv and soul etc with 14% and no boosters. Eff logic.

Characters: 綾 / マリア / ID: AyakoTakahashi / Signature by Rock Eastwood~

Quote Originally Posted by MoonAtomizer View Post
    But RNG is the lifeblood of the game. How else will PSO2 dripfeed its players?

On a more serious note: affixing is a good concept that's now dumb just because of how horribly it scales. Sorry, but even if later Souls change the success rate for tier IV and V's to reach even remotely close to guarantee-levels, why would anyone spend exponentially more for +5 (tier IV) or +10 (tier V) in any stat is freaking beyond me.
    If someone's into extreme min/maxing and got the money to do that, I'm not gonna disrespect that.

I'm actually happy that 5+ affixes are difficult because that makes people think (more or less, I guess) about what affixes they want to get instead of lol everything.

What moon is saying is that the affix rate for Stat IV is abysmal (20% base to create, not sure what to transfer) but the difference in power is only 5 compared to stat III(30 vs 35). The risk to reward ratio is awful when in fact with odds being that low it should be more like 50 and 70 for IV and V to justify the creation/transfer rates and entice people to try for it.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!