Page 51 of 213 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461101151 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LinkKD View Post
    No, I did it manually witth the 8/8 torrent downloaded file, is that why?
    It's far easier to download 'Story Patch 8-8-2013.rar.torrent' then use a program such as uTorrent to download all the files into a separate RAR. Afterwards, all you need to do in Tweaker is select the RAR created from the finished torrent to install the English Story Patch.

Green Coloured Reflection LinkKD's Avatar

...and is that any different than extracting the files and copying them into the win32 folder myself? Because that's what I did.

What I want to know is that if applying the story patch manually could've caused my matter board 11 to not be fully translated, because it's not.

Also, since I restarted my PC last night, my tweaker magically stopped working. I keep getting the "ERROR - Object reference not set to an instance of an object." and the "Launch PSO2" buttong is greyed out, leaving me unable to use the item patch.

On a side note, the tweaker keeps insisting that none of the patches are installed (while all of them in truth are, I copied them all into the folder manually) even after using the override button several times.
    Last edited by LinkKD; Aug 26, 2013 at 12:04 PM.

How to enjoy MMOs: Less Numbers, More People

Link KD @Deviantart / @Youtube / MY YOUMU VIDEO, WATCH IT !1!

...and is that any different than extracting the files and copying them into the win32 folder myself? Because that's what I did.

What I want to know is that if applying the story patch manually could've caused my matter board 11 to not be fully translated, because it's not.
    It isn't translated because there are no files there to run with the translation. ;o

You need to torrent the file I mentioned above after downloading it from Arks Layer first, then you go into Tweaker > Orb Menu > Install/Update Patches > English Story Patch > Select the new RAR file made (NOT the .torrent). The problem should be fixed after that.

Tell us how it goes~

Edit: You need to download and setup the new PSO2 Tweaker: https://copy.com/7swG37iPG7GzZoCT/PS...exe?download=1

We had issues with the old patch server, so AIDA moved it over to a new one that is functioning 99% of the time (which is far better than the old one). You should expect better download/install speeds.
    Last edited by Korazenn; Aug 26, 2013 at 12:10 PM.

God...

Here, I'll tell you everything I did, step by step, so you can understand:

I downloaded the torrent from the arks layer site (the august 8th one). I ran it with utorrent. I downloaded the whole .rar file. I extracted that file into a folder. I got all the files in that folder and copied them. I went to my win32 folder inside my PSO2 folder and pasted them there.

In other words, I applied the story patch manually. And all the other matter boards prior to 11 are translated.

Stop treating me like if I'm retarded please, I'm not ;/

I'm not. I wasn't there, so please understand I didn't know how you went about this originally.

The solution to your issue: use Tweaker.

The story patch no longer receives smaller-sized updates in the torrents. You need to run Tweaker to download the latest version of the story patch after installing the one you torrented as mentioned above.

Sorry for the inconvenience~

Thank you.

that's what I wanted to know, sorry if I was agressive <_>'.

although...my tweaker stopped working now because of the error I mentioned above. I didnt change anything in it, nor in the game, all I did was restart the computer and it started doing that error.

I'm thinking of redownloading the tweaker or restarting the PC again to solve it. But right now I have to go to college, so I can try those now.

Would anyone know what that error: "ERROR - Object reference not set to an instance of an object." could be?

Thank you.

that's what I wanted to know, sorry if I was agressive <_>'.
    No problem! It was just some miscommunication.

although...my tweaker stopped working now because of the error I mentioned above. I didnt change anything in it, nor in the game, all I did was restart the computer and it started doing that error.

I'm thinking of redownloading the tweaker or restarting the PC again to solve it. But right now I have to go to college, so I can try those now.

Would anyone know what that error: "ERROR - Object reference not set to an instance of an object." could be?
    Sure thing, bud~

Yeah, AIDA's old patch server crashed, so everyone who used any version of Tweaker prior to ver 2.5.4.0 needs to download and setup the new Tweaker install located here: https://copy.com/7swG37iPG7GzZoCT/PS...exe?download=1

The new patch server runs at a highly stable 99% optimal rate, meaning that downloads and installs will be much faster now through Tweaker.

Thank you!

Redownloaded the tweaker already and stuff, thanks for the help c: .

Though...I'm having another problem now. I can't get the item translation patch to work...not sure why. The tweaker says it's all ok, the translate item box is checked, and I'm launching PSO2 through the tweaker, but when I log the items are all in japanese still.

Edit:

Oh, nvm...it worked now for some reason...not sure why, I just closed and opened PSO2 for the 3rd time and it worked.

Edit2:

Hm...however, in my matterboard 11 the description for some event matters are still in japanese though...I'm not sure if the events itself would be in japanese, have to reach them to test...is this how it is? or is it wrong?

I did apply the story patch through the tweaker this time (though I did so ontop of the story patch that was already there manually) and the tweaker said it's all set.

So basically...are some of the event matter descriptions (such as "watch an event at the lobby with Afin" or something) in matterboard 11 really not translated or is my story patch still incomplete?
    Last edited by LinkKD; Aug 26, 2013 at 06:47 PM.

Prologue mission, or Episode 0, the scene where Zeno appears for the first time (if I remember correctly) gives a black screen and can't continue further. It can be accessed either with a new character or replaying the first mission, going straight.

Hm...however, in my matterboard 11 the description for some event matters are still in japanese though...I'm not sure if the events itself would be in japanese, have to reach them to test...is this how it is? or is it wrong?
    I believe anything to do with text within the Matter Board window (minus Matter Board names; last I remember hearing, those were server-side (correct me if I'm wrong)) is a part of the Core English Patch, not the Story Patch.

I only think this because I vaguely recall an instance where a Matter Board's objectives weren't translated (or were accidentally untranslated; I forget which) and Agrajag suggested to use the Guided Matter function to progress until it got translated/fixed.

EDIT: Source: I've reported fixes to the Matter Board objectives to the English Patch team before and only just remembered.
    Last edited by Maronji; Aug 26, 2013 at 08:32 PM.