Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

I agree. We need more mods that are active. The problem is that theres nobody here who deserves the job and only the handful of people I can name that deserves it will most likely reject.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Psow has enough of those, I can name the ones I see.

Sayara
    Dhylec
    Ryna
    Dragwind

4 is really all they need. Perhaps they might need someone who can update the news but that is all.

I think the mods are already the ones who know best whether or not this site needs more moderators. I've seen them active, and they usually clean up spam and inflamitory posts fairly quickly. At least in the areas where I usually lurk. PSOworld hasn't really been the center of PS information, news, and updates for quite a long time. Usually sites like PSUpedia and ThePhantasyStarBlog (I think.. whatever that bumped.org site is) have been far more ahead of the curve there... but PSOworld is the largest and most visable centralized PS community out there. So long as the moderaters keep us peons in line (and they have) then I have no complaints.

I've been a member of enough really crappy message boards, and a mod (for a short time) on at least one of them, to know a good moderator staff when I see them. PSOworld is definately one of the better ones I've been to. If there are other issues which need to be addressed, I don't know if just adding more mods will do the trick. Perhaps it's something that can be addressed in another fashion, or by promoting more active community participation in the site's updating of content.

Don't ask me what I have in mind, cause I have nothing.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Generally I think there's enough moderators already; some are more active than others but I'm not sure the site necessarily needs more moderation.

Too many moderators and you end up with a site that's potentially too controlling of its userbase, too few and it gets ruined by spambots and so on.

I do however agree that the PSO2 news on here is very outdated; according to this site the last update was the Chrome Dragon emergency mission, when we've had Dragon Sanctum added since then. Perhaps it's because PSO2 is JP only so it's not seen as of importance while there isn't a western version, I don't know. It would be nice to see more quickly updated PSO2 news though. bumped.org tends to be a lot quicker and more reliable for any kind of PSO2 news, so I think PSOW does need to improve in that area.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

As far as forum moderation goes, it's on the users to use the Report function, too. It's inefficient for a mod to just sit around pressing F5 all day.

I'm okay with the moderation we have, but I also don't visit most forums outside the PSO2 section so I'm probably not one to judge. More coverage of the game regarding updates on the front page would be much appreciated though.

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    As far as forum moderation goes, it's on the users to use the Report function, too. It's inefficient for a mod to just sit around pressing F5 all day.
    To add to that, it'd also help if users stop fueling fire whenever a discussion gets out of hand. Sayara made a sticky to address exactly that, but it often feels like no one really took it to heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardios View Post
    To add to that, it'd also help if users stop fueling fire whenever a discussion gets out of hand. Sayara made a sticky to address exactly that, but it often feels like no one really took it to heart.
    I don't know why people just can't get along. It would make the moderator's jobs a lot easier, and I think we'd get that old feeling from back when PSO2 was in Beta, and everyone just had fun.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    I don't know why people just can't get along.
    Lead by example.

I'm very open for consideration to updating the news section. What would you like to be added to the news? Specific pso content? Sega in general? I think the problem came with the fact bumped blog had been so up to date with the news soley about pso 2.

I am open for your input though.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Quote Originally Posted by High-class Patrician View Post
    Lead by example.
    I see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayara View Post
    I'm very open for consideration to updating the news section. What would you like to be added to the news? Specific pso content? Sega in general? I think the problem came with the fact bumped blog had been so up to date with the news soley about pso 2.

I am open for your input though.
    At the very least, maybe just blurbs on what's in each weeks update. Maybe keep it brief, and add a little something like

"To read more in-depth details about this update, head over to Bumped.org"