Default Spirits of RRR and HF

Wife and kids are at grandma's today and I needed a break from "experimenting" with Kentucky Route Zero lol, so I thought I'd post a couple quick videos of seeing Red Ring Rico and Heathcliff Flowen after defeating the bosses

the ending of ult ep 2 is beautiful!
    Slayer of Falz

This is neat. You use red weapons for Flowen, and Olga Flow weapons for Rico, right? That would mean only Flowen can be seen legitimately, then? The Flowen's set wouldn't count at all?

Yup. Can't remember if dark flow/bridge/meteor were made available on the official BB servers though. At least on the NA side.
    Zeota - Ship 2 (JP)
    http://twitch.tv/zeomantic

only time I see red rico when I died and the boss died at same time then return back to the area lol

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    This is neat. You use red weapons for Flowen, and Olga Flow weapons for Rico, right? That would mean only Flowen can be seen legitimately, then? The Flowen's set wouldn't count at all?
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by Zeota View Post
    Yup. Can't remember if dark flow/bridge/meteor were made available on the official BB servers though. At least on the NA side.
    Not 100% sure but I don't believe the Parasitic Gene 'Flow' was ever enabled as a drop on the NA official servers.

There is a guide on PSOW about seeing Rico and Flowen HERE but for some reason it leaves out the fact that it must be done on Hard difficulty or higher.

In a nutshell:

• Must be on Hard, Very Hard or Ultimate difficulty.
    • Can't be done in Single Player mode.
    • For Rico, one of the characters must equip (and keep it equipped, not 100% sure about this but it's guaranteed to work) a "Dark" series weapon (Dark Flow, Dark Bridge or Dark Meteor) and make contact with Dark Falz either by hitting it with the dark weapon or by casting a spell. After Dark Falz is defeated, make sure the dark weapon is still equipped and return to Pioneer 2, then go back down to the boss stage area and Rico will be sitting in front of the Monument (not sure what it's official name is lol.)
    • For Flowen, one of the characters must equip (and keep it equipped, not 100% sure about this but it's guaranteed to work) a red series weapon (excluding Red Scorpio as that is not a part of the official "red" series) and make contact with Olga Flow either by hitting it with the red weapon or by casting a spell. After Olgo Flow is defeated, make sure the red weapon is still equipped and return to Pioneer 2, then go back down to the boss stage area and Flowen should be in the middle of the room standing by the sword that dropped after defeating Olga Flow (Dark Flow minus the yellowish aura surrounding the blade.)

A few things I've always wanted to test (and presumably already have been, but I'm unaware of the results) are whether the red or dark weapon must remain equipped after hitting the boss or whether you can then equip a different weapon to finish killing the boss and then re-equip it when you go back down after returning to Pioneer 2. Another thing I'd like to test is whether it makes a difference if the exact red or dark weapon needs to be euipped when returning to the boss area or if it can be substituted with a different red or dark weapon. For example, if I defeat Olga Flow using a Red Saber, can I return to Pioneer 2, then equip a Red Handgun and return to the boss area and have Flowen still show up. I'll try to test that out today and post my results (unless somebody already has info on that.)
    Last edited by VioletSkye; Apr 21, 2013 at 12:18 PM.