Thread: no rares

Default no rares

me and my brother have both got to level 60 and got on ultimate difficulty not once have we found a rare we play both single and multiplayer is it just bad luck or is the game bugged?

Keep in mind that if you use "stacks" or a mag that is over level 200 that it will disable rare drops. By stacks I am referring to stacks of items over their normal limit (like 99 Monomates for example.)

Btw welcome to PSOW

**Forgot to mention that if you do have stacks, either get rid of them or bank them and restart the game (ie. turn the Gamecube off and back on) and rares drops will be enabled again. ** If you remove the stacks from the bank though, it will disable rare drops again until they are re-banked and the Gamecube is restarted.
    Last edited by VioletSkye; Apr 20, 2013 at 01:43 PM.

ok First of all a rare item or Rare creature? Because its normal not to see any rare creatures on a normal run of anything, usually have to pipe for them do a quest or hope you get lucky.

if its rare items depends on your IDs, or your unlucky or like Violet said.

aaah thanks violet il give it a shot yea its items predominantly i'm looking for, but yea we do use stacks with 99 photon drops wouldn't survive without :/ . Also does the stacks affect rare creatures and when playing multiplayer? we piped around 200 times for a hildetor on vh ? to no luck :/ .

Quote Originally Posted by lozenavich View Post
    aaah thanks violet il give it a shot yea its items predominantly i'm looking for, but yea we do use stacks with 99 photon drops wouldn't survive without :/ . Also does the stacks affect rare creatures and when playing multiplayer? we piped around 200 times for a hildetor on vh ? to no luck :/ .
    Hildetorrs only spawn in ultimate mode, and photon drops do not affect anything because there designed to stack up to 99.

Also when I was piping for a Hildeblue in VH mode I did the quest forest of sorrow and I didnt kill ANY Hildebears unless I had too, so that way there was about 10 Hildebears in the entire area that I could pipe for. Gives you much better odds of seeing a Hildeblue or Hildetorr > ( Ultimate only )

I know for a fact stacks disable rare items from dropping, but I'm not sure about it affecting rare enemy appearance rates. I can test it later today though easily enough. I have a few GC PSO codes that will make rare enemies appear without fail and I'll try using it with some stacks of 99 Monomates lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    Hildetorrs only spawn in ultimate mode, and photon drops do not affect anything because there designed to stack up to 99.
    Kind of a grey area, but I believe his reference to the 99 PD's has to do with his stack of Mates. Can't say anything more as to not break any rules
    Last edited by VioletSkye; Apr 21, 2013 at 01:18 PM.

thanks for the correction konan yea it was hildeblues we were looking for haha thanks for the tip. thanks guys .

if a mag with over LV 200 stat limitations is in your bank after restarting, does this enable rare drops again? Cuz i was given by another player a mag with 350 stats for each stat boost. Mag level is 200 but the stats obviously are much higher than normal mags. I've been using it to help my new character level up but no rare finds with this character.
    I am MEGATRON!!
    Lv100 Cast(Cybertronian)
    ps0 FC:4082-5681-7543
    Your signature image is still over the height limit. Please reduce to 180 pixels or less.
    TradeThread http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...90#post2471490
    PSOThread http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...05#post2471905

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron0088 View Post
    if a mag with over LV 200 stat limitations is in your bank after restarting, does this enable rare drops again? Cuz i was given by another player a mag with 350 stats for each stat boost. Mag level is 200 but the stats obviously are much higher than normal mags. I've been using it to help my new character level up but no rare finds with this character.
    Exactly As long as the mag stays in your bank when you restart, rare item drops will be enabled again. As soon as you take the mag out of the bank though, rares will stop dropping until you re-bank the mag and restart the gamecube.

I've just confirmed that having these rare drops disabled does NOT affect the findings of rare animals. But with rare drops disabled i doubt rare enemies matter at all.
    I am MEGATRON!!
    Lv100 Cast(Cybertronian)
    ps0 FC:4082-5681-7543
    Your signature image is still over the height limit. Please reduce to 180 pixels or less.
    TradeThread http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...90#post2471490
    PSOThread http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...05#post2471905