Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hmmm OMG I cant believe this but,due to the recent information that I have heard Im so sorry to say that,im no longer looking foward to online life as much as before
    why you ask its simple because I was unaware of the fact,that you only find the items available to the person who makes the game.Which in my opinion kinda makes the whole idea of section "ID's" pretty pointless and overall that whole situation simply sucks.
    Because if this is correct then basicly I can make a game with my purplenum character and be playing the caves enjoying myself having loads of fun when a oran,redria,whitill, etc..etc.. you get the picture can join the game to help me but then midway through the run I might need to go back to Pioneer 2 for a quick restock on supplies when out of no where I hear "HOLY CRAP A MIL LILY" and as I break my neck to get back down to the caves the guy kills the "MIL LILY" and then the redria or whatever he//she is besides purplenum yells "OMFG" he dropped a "Psycho Wand"

Now correct me if im wrong isnt that suppose to be my Psycho Wand ? I dont care if I didnt kill it *LOL* it came from me right? anyway over all am I wrong for feeling that this removes some of the fun out of item hunting?

one last quick thing this theory was confirmed by VulpesMundi,who is a p[retty reliable source for info
    look .....

On 2003-04-03 02:56, VulpesMundi wrote:
    On 2003-04-03 01:06, eXo wrote:
    ...and I am pretty sure if that was the way it worked ,they would have told me to just have a purplenum friend make a game for me then go Spread Needle Hunting right?? exactly
    Have a Purplenum friend make a team so you can hunt for a Spread Needle. Guntz is correct. The ID that makes the game/team is the ONLY ID in effect for finding items. It doesn't matter who kills what, the items are predetermined by the current leader's ID. The difference with online is that the ID will change to the next person who joined the team in chronological order if the team creator/leader leaves, and so on down the line.
    maybe its just be but I really consider this feature a "BIG HUGE GIGANTIC" P.S.O Bummer

So you're saying you wouldnt take a weapon found in someone elses game?

Im a bit confused, and if anything, this just makes the ID's MORE important-rather then "completly useless"

Section IDs would be pointless if they didn't have an effect on item drops. (smack)
    Meow, it's really a free-for-all when it comes to looting. You didn't even attack the monster, so pupupu to you.

Or maybe the person wanted to make it look like they got a non-duped psycho wand, or wanted to piss you off ;3

i think the way the game is set up makes it more fun because then u get a lil taste of all the section ids that ur not.

Hey, I think it's useful.

If I find a Frozen Shooter and I need a Cure/Freeze, I can get a Redria friend to play with me. n.n It's nice being able to get items you can't find.

If there's something I'm looking for specifically, I'll only play with close friends that won't steal, online in a locked game, or offline.

Battle Fiend

Its just a game. Not a life.

Gamertag: NoobBlenjar

Well, if you base your online experience on this one thing then yea, online is going to suck (in your opinion). However, look at the good side . You get to meet new friends and get to socialize with them.

Again, the idea of getting a rare based on the teammaker's ID can be useful. You could easily be a Ranger and have the baddest luck finding a Frozen Shooter from a Hildetor. So you join a game with a Whitill ID and lone behold there is a Hildetor, you kill it and get the long awaited Frozen Shooter.

This is just one example of how the ID thing can work to your greatest advantage, but don't let this one thing ruin your online gaming experience.

Hmm yeah thats nice and thats cool but all i really would like to know is, has P.S.O always been this way because I played P.S.O Dreamcast but it was dupe city so I never gave this a second thought :;

Blue Harmony

This thread is exactly the point why I'm so glad I'm playing with Japanese players in PSO Xbox.
    You see, when you play online there, you don't care who picks up what during Ragol exploration.
    That's because EVERYBODY drops their findings on Pioneer 2 floor, for equitable split after the adventure.
    Everyone sees what has been found, and says what he or she would like. If there is a tie for a particular object, a game of Rock/scissor/paper decides of the winner.
    Thanks to that, my online play there is hassle FREE. And much more enjoyable. No stress of checking all monsters drops for the occasional red box.

it is sort of nice to be able to toy around with rare monsters in offline mode but it doesnt outweigh playing with good friends and showing off the fruits of your labor. if im in a game with strangers and i find a rare monster i dont usualy announce it to the rest of the team
    >_>
    <_<
    sneaky and dirty but i get most of the items from the rare monsters i find