Default Memory card character transfer

is it possible to transfer for online purposes a character from one memory card to another? ex: i transfer a character from slot B to slot A and choose to make it permanent. will this make it possible to use that character online?
    I am MEGATRON!!
    Lv100 Cast(Cybertronian)
    ps0 FC:4082-5681-7543
    Your signature image is still over the height limit. Please reduce to 180 pixels or less.
    TradeThread http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...90#post2471490
    PSOThread http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...05#post2471905

Yes it is through hacking. =P I'm going to leave it at that.

lol. that was vague but at least now i know its possible
    I am MEGATRON!!
    Lv100 Cast(Cybertronian)
    ps0 FC:4082-5681-7543
    Your signature image is still over the height limit. Please reduce to 180 pixels or less.
    TradeThread http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...90#post2471490
    PSOThread http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...05#post2471905

You don't really have to "hack" anything per se. There are programs you can find on the web that will allow you to make an image of your memory card and load that image onto another memory card. Can't mention any names but one particular program works great with PSO saves because it takes care of the format serial of the card that the PSO saves check.

Quote Originally Posted by VioletSkye View Post
    You don't really have to "hack" anything per se. There are programs you can find on the web that will allow you to make an image of your memory card and load that image onto another memory card. Can't mention any names but one particular program works great with PSO saves because it takes care of the format serial of the card that the PSO saves check.
    Using an external program to modify, copy, move data from it's intended use and or storage facility... Hacking. Or script kidding.. whichever floats your boat. xD

Heh, the definition has certainly evolved over the years that's for sure. I'm old school so the classic definition of hacking is someone finding a weakness in a pc or network and exploiting it. Something that actually takes working knowledge/patience to perform. Which btw I was busted by the FBI for doing many, many years ago (scariest and most stressful year of my life ) Thankfully after a year they gave me my equipment back (minus the harddrive lol) and told me to put my talents to better use and that they had bigger fish to fry which is why I received my "get out of jail free" card so to speak. I still have no idea what other thing/s were going on that they felt they didn't have time to mess with me for, but I'm thankful!!!!!

The standard definition of hacking is still listed as:
    a. To write or refine computer programs skillfully.
    b. To use one's skill in computer programming to gain illegal or unauthorized access to a file or network

I suppose by today's culture "hacking" is a term used for those things you mentioned although script kiddie would probably be more accurate in this case because the user would be utilizing someone else's software to perform the operation in question lol. Anyway, I just meant he wouldn't need to figure out a way to transfer/copy the save files on his own as there exists software that will do that for him
    Last edited by VioletSkye; Apr 30, 2013 at 09:29 AM.

Haha yeah, I understand completely. That's pretty rough with the Feds though.

To return to the original discussion though, that program VioletSkye mentioned is the best route, though if for whatever reason you can't take that route, there's homebrew programs on both the GC and Wii that will fit the bill, but will require additional work.