Default At what level is it possible for a RAmarl to defeat Dark Falz on Very hard?

I'm on level 58 right now, what level should I be on to beat Dark Falz on VERY HARD mode? What should I have equipped? [my main weapon is a Crush Bullet+25]

Quote Originally Posted by RAmarl1993 View Post
    I'm on level 58 right now, what level should I be on to beat Dark Falz on VERY HARD mode? What should I have equipped? [my main weapon is a Crush Bullet+25]
    When I was playing PSO ep 1&2+, I defeated Dark Falz on V.Hard when I was about lvl 80 with a Ramarl I was playing at the time.

Rangers need to be level 70-85
    Hunters need to be level 68-75
    Forces need to be 50-55 ( depending on if you have HP units )

See? I have The Knack! BERNIE_ORAN's Avatar

TL;DR version;
    - I was a Lv.60ish RAmar
    - Weapons - Laser (rifle), CRUSH BULLET +25 (shot), H&S 25 JUSTICE +9 (mechgun)

I managed to beat him with my RAmar at Lv.60ish I believe. Then again, I was using an old characters mag, with stats like 20 DFP, 140 ATP and 40 ATA, so that helped give an extra boost to my survivability. Because my ATA is good, I rarely miss with heavy attacks, so that's all I bother using, and it helped me having a devil/battle equipped (increases attack speed by 20%) when using those heavy attacks.

For my button mapping, I had Resta, Deband and Heavy Attack on main, and dimate, trimate & difluid on right trigger. I also took about 6 scape dolls from my bank. I also made sure that my quick select (RT+Y on the gamecube I believe?) was resting on my items, just in case.

For my weapons, I took with me a CRUSH BULLET +25 (mainly for the spinning things at the start and the first stage if they were going to overwhelm me), H&S 25 JUSTICE +9 (any mechgun near on par or greater than this is good too) for Falz himself on all his forms. For his final form, I switched between my mechgun and rifle (a Laser, it was the best rifle I had, lol) - mechgun for when he was close to me, and my rifle for when it was the other side of the ring from me.

His first two forms didn't give me any trouble, and his final form wasn't too bad actually, just took longer and meant being careful and tactical. I kept to the middle/outside of the ring to avoid him taking any swings at me, all while trying to keep my eye focused on him for when he wasn't invulnerable at the ring so I could take a few shots. Falz only killed me once on his final form, and that was because I was careless when he fired that barrage of laser balls at me - ouch!

Good luck!
    Last edited by BERNIE_ORAN; May 2, 2013 at 02:13 PM.

Death Dealer

i beat dark falz on lvl 60 with a RAmarl.. in my opinion it all depends on what you have equipped, as well as playing style.. like me i use a bit of a glitch to help me get through the fight against dark falz.. using the Sato mag.. but like i said it all depends on what u have equipped and yor characters stats. such as HP and DFP... u might want to invest into a 5 DFP 145 ATP and 50 DEX mag. thats the best ranger mag stats in my opinion...

The level is less important than the gear, as said by Cedo. What you want to really focus on is your HP and light resistance and, if possible, having a cure/freeze to block potential double-hit rabartas. The biggest threats will always deal the same damage, allowing you to focus your gear on surviving with 1 HP. The only attacks with damage variance deal less than everything else, so you don't have to worry about that too much.

Assuming you're playing on GC/Xbox, check out this guide: http://www.pso-world.com/sections.ph...icle&artid=948

On Very Hard (offline, I assume) his Blade Drain (the big sweeping slash, not sure why it's called Blade Drain since it doesn't actually absorb HP, as far as I know) does 390 damage. If you've got 391 you're set. His grants only does 326, so you don't even have to worry about light resistance (you do in hard, where his grants does more than his blade drain, so there's a give and take between ELT and HP units).

Just use resta as soon as you get back up and you should be fine. At the lowest possible levels it might be a challenge with managing your TP, but you can do it. I think I unlocked ultimate at level 58, thanks in part to the HP units I'd found on characters I already had in ultimate.

Death Dealer

gigawuts has a point there that i forgot to point out. while fighting dark falz in the first and second form he cast spells rabarta and rafoie. some people dont know the trick as to break out of being frozen. well let me tell you the trick, whenever you get frozen you immediately wobble the analog stick left and right as fast as you can, the faster you wobble the faster you break free. i say wobble but in reality all you are doing is using your thumb and or hand on the analog stick and move it left and right very fast. Ex: <------>