Page 306 of 684 FirstFirst ... 206256296303304305306307308309316356406 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,060 of 6832

Quote Originally Posted by PokeminMaster View Post
    Can anyone help me figure out why the patches aren't installing? I have my win32 directory correctly selected (I checked, and all three backup folders are being created in the proper location), and I install the patches without issue. However, none of the four take any effect, and the game itself is still in Japanese.

Starting up the Tweaker, it tells me I have the most recent patches installed, but there's still nothing different in the game itself. Any help...?

PS) I have checked for PSO2 Updates, telling it that I did not have the most recent version, then let it redownload the necessary files. I then tried installing the patches over again, to no avail...
    Okay, so I've run into something even more odd. The Tweaker is still incapable of installing any of the patches, but the Item Patch works fine. I was able to export the English and Large Files Patches manually, but the Story Patch is refusing to work (The game doesn't break or anything, but after moving over all the files, the text in-game is still Japanese).... Any advice on what to do?

PS) The Tweaker was able to successfully update the game's files when I initially launched it to add the Christmas Update, but the patches didn't work, other than the Item Patch
    SHIP 02 - PokeminMaster
    Lucinova - Deuman - 75 Hu, 55 Fi, 75 Fo, 80 Te, 80 Bo, 75 Su, 80 He
    Aura - CAST - 75 Fo, 77 Te
    Sylvia - CAST - 75 Ra, 76 Br

@PokeminMaster:

Do the following, IN ADMINISTRATOR MODE:

- First, UNCHECK TRANSLATE ITEMS
    - Uninstall all patches and/or Restore original japanese files
    - Check for PSO2 Updates
    - CHECK ALL FILES (Hit No in question about login)
    - Download needed files (number of files varies)
    - After download completes, close program
    - Open program, Check for PSO2 updates again
    - CHECK ALL FILES (Hit No in question about login)
    - Should check around +20000 files.
    - If everything OK, will only download 2 files, both EXE files.
    - Close again
    - Open
    - Now, you can install the english, large and story patches, in this order. RECOMMEND TO ALWAYS BACKUP THE ORIGINAL JAPANESE FILES
    - In Story, after applying the big RAR previously downloaded, will prompt to install newest update, do it.
    - Close program
    - Open program and check if everything's OK!
    - Now you can activate ITEM TRANSLATION and run the game.

If everything's correct, and the folder win32 is correctly selected, everything will (or should) work.

Take in consideration that NOT EVERYTHING will be translated. MOST of the game will be in english, but some other texts will still be in Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by MDashK View Post
    Take in consideration that NOT EVERYTHING will be translated. MOST of the game will be in english, but some other texts will still be in Japanese.
    I'm aware, I've been using the patch since it was initially released... (I've been on PSO2 since the day of the full release)

Anyway, I'll go and try that (by the way, I've always been an administrator, always back up my files, and have not had such a problem with the Tweaker up until now... Also, I know the win32 folder is selected correctly since the backups were created in the proper location, despite the actual patches taking no effect XD)

While the patches have installed fine, the Story Patch still has no effect... (Yes, I installed the update) Hm...
    Last edited by PokeminMaster; Dec 31, 2013 at 10:06 AM.
    SHIP 02 - PokeminMaster

Hmm.... Do you have the game installed in the "Program Files" folder?

I do belive Windows is a little "picky" about that location.
    So, even if you are in Administrator mode, FORCE IT, using the right click option when running Tweaker. Xp
    I'm in Windows 8, and also suffer the same permissions issue in some cases.

Ex: If I don't run "Sonic Adventure 2" in administrator mode with the right click or options selected, the game won't save. I am in Administrator account, but as the game is in the Program files folder, windows requires second admin. confirmation.

Hmm.... Do you have the game installed in the "Program Files" folder?

I do belive Windows is a little "picky" about that location.
    So, even if you are in Administrator mode, FORCE IT, using the right click option when running Tweaker. Xp
    I'm in Windows 8, and also suffer the same permissions issue in some cases.

Ex: If I don't run "Sonic Adventure 2" in administrator mode with the right click or options selected, the game won't save. I am in Administrator account, but as the game is in the Program files folder, windows requires second admin. confirmation.
    Oooh, that does make sense (It's installed in Program Files (x86), or wherever the default location is), but I haven't forced the administrator thing. I'll try that now...

EDIT: Still no luck... Hm...
    Last edited by PokeminMaster; Dec 31, 2013 at 10:32 AM.
    SHIP 02 - PokeminMaster

You say that Tweaker infoms that the patches are installed, yet nothing gets translated.
    The files are physically replaced, meaning: either they are'nt getting replaced, or you are able to run the game without the files, which i'm discarding that option...

So, the only probable cause I see is: Tweaker says it's patched, but the files where never replaced/modified, and you still have the original japanese files.

BUT, if indeed the Tweaker is backuping the JP files, I belive he moves the files, instead of copying them.
    So, if they are being moved, the game can't find them.

I'm trying to connect the dots here, as you can see... But sincerelly, I can't see the cause of the problem...

Linux/OSX Question.
    Do I just install the game using WINE? Then use the Tweaker?

I hope thats all I would love to use my Linux setup for this.
    EVGA x58 Classified 759 Motherboard, Intel 990X CPU @ 4.2 GHz
    Corsair 1200 watt Power Supply, 12 GB DDR3 Corsair
    3x GTX 480's in SLi, Corsair 800D Case
    Please Read, Connection Issue Template.

You say that Tweaker infoms that the patches are installed, yet nothing gets translated.
    The files are physically replaced, meaning: either they are'nt getting replaced, or you are able to run the game without the files, which i'm discarding that option...

So, the only probable cause I see is: Tweaker says it's patched, but the files where never replaced/modified, and you still have the original japanese files.

BUT, if indeed the Tweaker is backuping the JP files, I belive he moves the files, instead of copying them.
    So, if they are being moved, the game can't find them.

I'm trying to connect the dots here, as you can see... But sincerelly, I can't see the cause of the problem...
    I wouldn't worry about it much, it's only the Story Patch that isn't working (I can manually install the basic two). The Item Patch works too, and my main character is already at the Seabed story (awaiting translation), so it's not too urgent XD
    SHIP 02 - PokeminMaster

Only the story patch...
    I would assume that you, using Tweaker, installed the former RAR file from 16/11/2013, and then, update the patch using tweaker...
    Still, it's weird...

Friend of mine just downloaded this. He uses the Item, English and Large files patch. For some reason, his menus just won't translate. Any idea where the problem may lie?
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02