Page 500 of 684 FirstFirst ... 400450490497498499500501502503510550600 ... LastLast
Results 4,991 to 5,000 of 6832

I installed PSO2 and the Tweaker and all the English patches a few days ago and play fine for an hour or so. Yesterday I logged on and the Tweaker said there was an update (which I look up and see is only like 24mb or so) but Tweaker wants me to install over 3,000 files at over 3 gigs. I also can't log on anymore. Someone else said I probably forgot to revert the English files or something like that.

What does this mean and what do I do to not have to install these 3,000 files?

Quote Originally Posted by RightfulFallen View Post
    No worries, here's the log:

Program started...
    Loading sidebar page...
    Program opened successfully! Version 3.0.5.4 [OK!]
    Checking for updates, please wait a moment...
    You have the latest version of the program: 3.0.5.4
    Checking for PSO2 Updates... Done!
    Checking for updates to patches...
    Current EN Patch version is: Not Installed
    Current Large Files version is: Not Installed
    Current Story Patch version is: Not Installed
    Downloading latest item patch files... Done!
    All done - System ready!
    Launching Phantasy Star Online 2...
    It seems there was an issue starting PSO2, attempting to autofix... Done!
    ERROR - The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.
    Navigate to the folder that PSO2 Tweaker is located in, open up the 'logfile.txt' in Notepad, and copy that into a pastebin for us to see the rest of your info as well regarding your PC.

So far, I want to lean towards that it could be an issue with the placement of PSO2 Tweaker. Make sure that Tweaker is placed inside of a folder only for it on your desktop (the best place) so that nothing else regarding non-specific folder permissions has the potential of messing with its connection to the server.

Make sure you're running PSO2 Tweaker as an admin on your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyTwoGuns View Post
    I installed PSO2 and the Tweaker and all the English patches a few days ago and play fine for an hour or so. Yesterday I logged on and the Tweaker said there was an update (which I look up and see is only like 24mb or so) but Tweaker wants me to install over 3,000 files at over 3 gigs. I also can't log on anymore. Someone else said I probably forgot to revert the English files or something like that.

What does this mean and what do I do to not have to install these 3,000 files?
    Pre-this last update, the Tweaker has had a bug that results from the story patch and the new method of checking for updates. What you can do is, if you can use the normal launcher, update through it and then override PSO2 version in the tweaker options. If you have the Story patch installed, you are most likely going to have to download those 3GB no matter what you do, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Pre-this last update, the Tweaker has had a bug that results from the story patch and the new method of checking for updates. What you can do is, if you can use the normal launcher, update through it and then override PSO2 version in the tweaker options. If you have the Story patch installed, you are most likely going to have to download those 3GB no matter what you do, unfortunately.
    Is this just a one time bug or do I have to do something before everytime I update the game through Tweaker?

Is this just a one time bug or do I have to do something before everytime I update the game through Tweaker?
    The latest tweaker update added back the creation of back-ups for the story patch, so for the time being it shouldn't happen again.

Alright, thanks clarifying it. Guess I'll just eat this download

It should only occur until AIDA gets around to fixing it. The bug doesn't occur for everyone, it would seem. As Anduril mentioned, the backup should help, but let us know if it doesn't.

In the Quick Questions Thread, I remember asking you for your logfile of PSO2 Tweaker, so here's how to access it and get it to us:

Navigate to the folder that PSO2 Tweaker is located in, open up the 'logfile.txt' in Notepad, and copy that into a pastebin for us to see the rest of your info as well regarding your PC.
    DISCLAIMER: Note that you would only need to do all of the following if this issue is coming up through trying to update the game itself, not the Story Patch, or you get any errors associated with it that could be a result of where you have Tweaker. Where the dashed lines below end is where the information we need becomes optional if Tweaker is giving you any problems, but regardless, the general rule of thumb is to always do your best to send us your logfile.txt in a pastebin when you have an issue with the program so we can look into it for you and also minimize the possibility of any other future problems occurring for you (this just goes in general for everyone as it is a major help!).

---------

OPTIONAL: Only use the following if you're encountering any other issues with Tweaker aside from the Story Patch update.

Afterwards, go back to the folder Tweaker is in and remove all of the following files (including Tweaker) that you see in the image below.

Spoiler!

During the rest of this process I'm about to mention, please ensure that you are running PSO2 Tweaker as an admin.

Then, search "PSO2 Tweaker" on Google and redownload the program into a new folder you create on your Desktop, which will only be used for PSO2 Tweaker. The directory that Tweaker is located in should look something like: C:\YourUsername\Desktop\PSO2 Tweaker.

The problem with placing it in locations like C:\YourUsername\Downloads is that there could be a variety of permissions issues these non-specific folders have at times that obstruct certain features of the Tweaker program that it needs to both run and download/install patches and updates.

Once done with the download to the new PSO2 Tweaker folder, do not open the program yet. Launch the Japanese client of the game from your C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin and open pso2launcher.exe. It should automatically start the process of restoring all of your translated files to vanilla JP. Open back up the new Tweaker within its own folder after that is finished and let it run through its initialization process and reinstall all of the English Patches again.

If everything works smoothly, you shouldn't have to download all 3,000+ files after each update again.

Let me know how that goes for you, and if there are any further problems~
    Last edited by Korazenn; Apr 2, 2015 at 10:18 PM.

Oh, it works now... Interesting. Thanks for the help, anyway!

Hi, after the last maintenance, the game keeps saying the state of the ships are unknown. I don't know if updated wrong the tweaker or the game. Any ideas what maybe wrong?

Okay, I have come across another problem. I was downloading patches, and an error came up like a crash report, and now PSO2 Tweaker is stuck patching at file 1/15048 (0 bytes). Running Windows 7 with 3gb RAM.

EDIT: Should probably post the logfile, lol. But becaues I need 10 posts to post links, here's the other half of the URL on pastebin: FcpTBwaH
    Last edited by RightfulFallen; Apr 3, 2015 at 05:00 PM.