Page 673 of 684 FirstFirst ... 173573623663670671672673674675676683 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,730 of 6832

Quote Originally Posted by NightlightPro View Post
    well, we do have title and block translation,
    The problem is that that's irrelevant, as those are grabbed from memory (if I recall) and the quest name strings are grabbed from the game files directly (again, if I remember correctly; memory's quite a bit rusty).
    Quote Originally Posted by NightlightPro View Post
    please consider adding a feature to keep the original jp quest names
    And the problem with this is that they'd have make either a version of the manual patch with the original JP quest names intact or make yet another separate un-patch to accomplish this, ala the old JP E-Trial/Enemy Names patches. AKA making more old method patches. Which are no longer supported beyond a basic capacity.

The only other way I can see this being pulled off is giving the Raiser plugin some amount of configuration to allow people to cherry pick the translations they want to enable, and I can see that being a total pain in the rear due to "Okay, now to figure out how to assign categories (Essential, Enemy Names, E-Trial Names, Quest Names, etc) to hundreds of thousands of scattered text strings across thousands of files so certain translation sets can be toggled on and off at will and--oops, something broke, or oops, some strings got assigned to the wrong category; now to figure out where it all went wrong in this enormous mess of everything".

Just spitballing the numbers, so exaggeration is expected, but you get the picture. It's far too much work (both to build and maintain) for the potential (if any) benefit to be gained. Of course, this is just the way I see it with a (severely) limited background in programming, so there's always a possibility that's there's another solution (or even a better one).

Quote Originally Posted by Maronji View Post
    "Okay, now to figure out how to assign categories (Essential, Enemy Names, E-Trial Names, Quest Names, etc) to hundreds of thousands of scattered text strings across thousands of files so certain translation sets can be toggled on and off at will and--oops, something broke, or oops, some strings got assigned to the wrong category; now to figure out where it all went wrong in this enormous mess of everything"..
    This is actually the exact issue as to why its just not feasible. The amount of time it would take to find each individual file and then each ID for the quest name to add that to a list so we can remove it from the translations would be a job in itself. We'd need this list or we'd end up having to completely remove the quest files (which in itself would also require a list) which would remove not only the quest names but also the description, awards and objectives since they're in the same file. What we don't want is to have someone who could be translating or editing getting moved to a job which will take hours of work and then need to be completely redone each update or merge to check that nothing has changed.

This is one of the few disadvantages we have with Raiser but we do believe that the advantages far outweigh these. As the person who's offering the manual patch for those in the community who need it, if someone would like to maintain the list above each time a new commit is made to the repo then I'd be able to add support for this as a separate patch in Raiser and possibly the manual patch too.

well most tweaker users have the party settings to quest name and the japanese players can see that in english, so this quest jp patch would also help a little from being reported due to using english characters in quests, unless there might be a way to make it not seen in english

Why everybody so sure we gonna be reported for just using latters?

well, there is a possibility, it's mostly just for safety reasons. I'd rather use my character name instead of being seen with names such as Forest Exploration (SH) etc,

So my english patch keeps vanishing, is this a known bug and is there a way I can stop that from happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Vatallus View Post
    So my english patch keeps vanishing, is this a known bug and is there a way I can stop that from happening?
    Antiviruses don't like it when we do updates. Simply disable your antivirus and it will work.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DirectX9Ex Disabling was added to the launcher options last maintenance.
    It goes under user.pso2:

Windows = {
    DisableDirectX9Ex = true
    }

Supposedly, this disables DirectX 9's extended versions for Vista and upwards. It might fix some crashing and other issues, but from what I can tell, disabling it may drastically increase alt-tabbing time and decrease windowed and fullscreen windowed performance, as well as increase memory usage.
    Last edited by Shoterxx; Sep 11, 2017 at 12:00 PM.
    Do you have ANY bug in PSO2? Are you creating yet another thread about how you can't take screenshots, your game crashes, or textures are missing AGAIN? Do you NOT search the forum before asking? Then the L.A.W. FIX is for YOU!

It's EASY! Just go: Tweaker -> [!] button -> Other tasks -> Enable Large Address Aware, and you're DONE! Just remember to do it EVERY UPDATE!

Apologies if this has already been answered in the thread, but what does does the "Enable coffee brewing" option do? The fact that it disables itself after you try to turn it on screams in-joke to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonickyle27 View Post
    Apologies if this has already been answered in the thread, but what does does the "Enable coffee brewing" option do? The fact that it disables itself after you try to turn it on screams in-joke to me.
    It IS a joke.
    Do you have ANY bug in PSO2? Are you creating yet another thread about how you can't take screenshots, your game crashes, or textures are missing AGAIN? Do you NOT search the forum before asking? Then the L.A.W. FIX is for YOU!

It's EASY! Just go: Tweaker -> [!] button -> Other tasks -> Enable Large Address Aware, and you're DONE! Just remember to do it EVERY UPDATE!