Page 145 of 684 FirstFirst ... 4595135142143144145146147148155195245645 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 6832

Quote Originally Posted by Korazenn View Post
    As AIDA mentioned in a post earlier, are you sure that you have the latest Tweaker and patch files? When you start up Tweaker, does the update diagnostic look similar to what I have posted below? The bolded items are the most current patch files.

Just for clarification, you tried to restore the 'default' PC opening, and yet you are still getting the error?

Let me see if I can replicate this on my end. Can you tell me your exact settings as of this post (what has been removed and/or restored)?

Here's a pic for comparison:

Spoiler!
    Last edited by OneFast240; Aug 19, 2013 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OneFast240 View Post
    Here's a pic for comparison:

Spoiler!
    Would you mind going through the re-install process again?

Before doing so, do not remove any current files or uninstall the launcher itself from your computer for PSO2.

First, run one more check (otherwise this other process I'm about to tell you about would take longer to figure out exactly what may be the issue here). Start up Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Del), go into your Processes tab, and ensure that there are not multiple occurrences of 'pso2.exe' running. This can happen sometimes if you force quit out of the game or the program doesn't respond correctly (as it is with you when you enable the item translation patch).

If removing the 'pso2.exe' file from your Processes tab (if it's even there) doesn't let you access PSO2 when the Item Translation Patch is enabled again, you have three more options:

1) (Most-Recommended) Re-Install PSO2 (again, I know, but I wanted to make sure you were following these steps below) back to its vanilla JP state by going through the following steps:
    • Open PSO2 Tweaker.
    • Click on the Orb.
    • Click Check for PSO2 Updates.
    • Select No.
    • After all files are reverted to their JP state, click on 'Launch PSO2'.
    • If it works, exit out of PSO2 (checking Processes in Task Manager to ensure the program has stopped running), start back up Tweaker, click on the Orb, then enable Translate Items.
    • Launch PSO2. If it works, huzzah! Exit out of PSO2 again and re-install the rest of the English patches. It's possible it didn't work before because you were missing translation data.

2) Restart your computer and try again. Though I highly doubt this would do anything, it's worth a shot, if you haven't tried it already.

3) Play without the item translation patch turned on for the moment. AIDA might be working on a quick fix to solve this issue as a small amount of other users have reported having a 'pso2.exe has stopped working' error as well with the item translation patch turned on.

If so, it seems to be a rare occurrence more so than anything else. I tried replicating your issue, but everything is still working just fine on my end.

All of your patches seem up-to-date so that's definitely not the issue. As you said, you tried re-installing and downloading all of the patches as well to no avail. Did you do so through PSO2 Tweaker, though? If not, try going through Option 1 (if you haven't already) and seeing if that helps any. If the game works without the patch enabled, I would suggest to keep it disabled for the time being until further notice. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by doomdragon83 View Post
    No, I only swap. I also tried removing and then restoring the openings but it still says "UNKNOWN".
    By the way, after checking the box, 'Swap PC/Vita Openings', then selecting 'Apply Selected Changes', I launched PSO2 from Tweaker and the openings swapped with no issues to report from my end.

Restore the PC/Vita opening, and make sure that next to 'Swap PC/Vita Openings' there is '(NOT SWAPPED)' in parentheses. Select 'Launch PSO2' from Tweaker.
    Last edited by Korazenn; Aug 19, 2013 at 02:10 AM.

Okay didn't realize there were shortcut keys to it. I tried it and it works now thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by chattdls99 View Post
    Okay didn't realize there were shortcut keys to it. I tried it and it works now thanks.
    Glad it worked! Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    If you open the Tweaker, the last thing it should say (or close to last) upon opening is "Downloaded latest item translation files... [Done!]". Does it say that?
    Yes it says that and when I try launching the game it tells me that the translations do not match the downloads and that I should restart to download the translation files again but i still get the same error popping up. So what I do is start the game without the translate items checked and then reopen Tweaker while the game is still running and check the box then rerun the game closing the previous game. Then the translator works.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxicitykiller View Post
    Yes it says that and when I try launching the game it tells me that the translations do not match the downloads and that I should restart to download the translation files again but i still get the same error popping up. So what I do is start the game without the translate items checked and then reopen Tweaker while the game is still running and check the box then rerun the game closing the previous game. Then the translator works.
    Wait, so it works now? Because just the other day you were saying it didn't work. I've honestly never seen this error occur before for anyone. Can you post a screenshot of the error you're receiving, please?

The translator should work fine if you have selected the proper location for all of your files to be stored. Make sure that you've selected your win32 folder through the Orb's menu in Tweaker and that, after enabling 'Translate Items', you see: "Downloading latest item translation files... [OK!] Done!" Then, click on the 'Launch PSO2' button in Tweaker. Do not use the SEGA JP launcher. Tell me what happens then.

Would you mind going through the re-install process again?

Before doing so, do not remove any current files or uninstall the launcher itself from your computer for PSO2.

First, run one more check (otherwise this other process I'm about to tell you about would take longer to figure out exactly what may be the issue here). Start up Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Del), go into your Processes tab, and ensure that there are not multiple occurrences of 'pso2.exe' running. This can happen sometimes if you force quit out of the game or the program doesn't respond correctly (as it is with you when you enable the item translation patch).

If removing the 'pso2.exe' file from your Processes tab (if it's even there) doesn't let you access PSO2 when the Item Translation Patch is enabled again, you have three more options:

1) (Most-Recommended) Re-Install PSO2 (again, I know, but I wanted to make sure you were following these steps below) back to its vanilla JP state by going through the following steps:
    • Open PSO2 Tweaker.
    • Click on the Orb.
    • Click Check for PSO2 Updates.
    • Select No.
    • After all files are reverted to their JP state, click on 'Launch PSO2'.
    • If it works, exit out of PSO2 (checking Processes in Task Manager to ensure the program has stopped running), start back up Tweaker, click on the Orb, then enable Translate Items.
    • Launch PSO2. If it works, huzzah! Exit out of PSO2 again and re-install the rest of the English patches. It's possible it didn't work before because you were missing translation data.

2) Restart your computer and try again. Though I highly doubt this would do anything, it's worth a shot, if you haven't tried it already.

3) Play without the item translation patch turned on for the moment. AIDA might be working on a quick fix to solve this issue as a small amount of other users have reported having a 'pso2.exe has stopped working' error as well with the item translation patch turned on.

If so, it seems to be a rare occurrence more so than anything else. I tried replicating your issue, but everything is still working just fine on my end.

All of your patches seem up-to-date so that's definitely not the issue. As you said, you tried re-installing and downloading all of the patches as well to no avail. Did you do so through PSO2 Tweaker, though? If not, try going through Option 1 (if you haven't already) and seeing if that helps any. If the game works without the patch enabled, I would suggest to keep it disabled for the time being until further notice. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Update: So I tried reverting to vanilla jp again through tweaker like you said, then selecting JUST the item translation option, still crashes.

Let me know if you can think of anything else.

Edit - *whistles innocently and walks off. Problem solved*
    Last edited by worcanna; Aug 19, 2013 at 07:43 PM.

Once & forever Protranser Gunslinger-08's Avatar

Just a crash report, I think...

http://pastebin.com/EfE9cqSD

Ship 2 - Gatz

Just for clarification, you tried to restore the 'default' PC opening, and yet you are still getting the error?

Let me see if I can replicate this on my end. Can you tell me your exact settings as of this post (what has been removed and/or restored)?
    I use the general EN patch and the large files patch. I also use the translate items option. That's it. My tweaker version is 2.5.3.5 but the tweaker should always update when you start it up and I always let it do so.

By the way, after checking the box, 'Swap PC/Vita Openings', then selecting 'Apply Selected Changes', I launched PSO2 from Tweaker and the openings swapped with no issues to report from my end.

Restore the PC/Vita opening, and make sure that next to 'Swap PC/Vita Openings' there is '(NOT SWAPPED)' in parentheses. Select 'Launch PSO2' from Tweaker.
    I started the tweaker and noticed that it doesn't say anything next to the swap option, then when I click on it and hit "Apply Selected Changes", it says (UNKNOWN) next to it. When I unselect swap and click on "Apply Selected Changes", (UNKNOWN) is still there.