Page 13 of 684 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415162363113513 ... LastLast

If any of you are still experiencing the issues, uninstall the Story Patch, for some reason it seems to break the game.

I have heard from others that they were successful on their endevor; just wondering why I'm not... ; ;

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher_9 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d63LKNrJ8JU"]PSO2 Tweaker Test - YouTube

I have heard from others that they were successful on their endevor; just wondering why I'm not... ; ;
    Make sure you extract the PSO2 Tweaker application.

It was something I didnt do, so thought I would mention it.

Well because I don't read, I gave your tweak the "PHANTASYSTARONLINE2" folder instead of "win32" at first and it wanted to do a massive file check because it found absolutely nothing.

No way to cancel it that I could see, so I had to kill it.

Also why's it take so long to start every time? Well compared to the actual launcher it's really fast, but still...

Pretty neat little program

Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    I'm guessing you have Windows 7/8? Copy the whole PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 folder to the root of the drive, reselect the folder in the program, and try again. Windows 7/8 HATE letting programs affect stuff in the Program Files folder, it's actually quite frustrating.
    Just got to this now and have copied everything to the C:... re-routed paths. Still nothing, though I am still gonna twork with this...

I am on Win 8, and I know what you mean about the OS not allowing changes to be done to files directly.... speaking of... going to try something...

I've noticed that it doesn't really install the story patch. I downloaded it, directed it to where I had the downloaded file saved, and it said "Done!" suspiciously quickly. I went in to work on Chapter 8, they were still speaking in japanese! Come on, Aida, step up your game. >:c

But no, really, you should assess that issue.
    Ship 02

Quote Originally Posted by Timefiller View Post
    Make sure you extract the PSO2 Tweaker application.
    I never understood why some people run programs out of the compressed archive instead of extracting it first. There was a visual novel download I ran across in my search for something else this one time that was essentially just a zipped up directory that you simply extracted and ran out of the box. What was the common problem? People were running the .exe out of the archive and kept finding that their save data was gone each time they started it. Why? Because it would normally be stored in the program directory, but the game didn't know how to handle saving data directly into a compressed archive. Imagine their reactions when they realized they had to extract it before their saves would work correctly.

I mean, I'm really computer-savvy compared to many people in my general location (I have to help out people I know with their computer problems because I'm essentially the only guy they know that can (besides my dad and my older brother, both of which have smaller availability windows than I do)), so maybe my thoughts on this are somewhat biased but... why would you ever run something out of the archive?

It's like that one saying goes: "Just because you can doesn't mean you should."

@AIDA: How's the "Check for updates" function coming along (or did you finish that and your screenshot is just old)? That's literally the only thing stopping me from using this app, is the lack of that function. Oh, the things I would do.

Also, in your To-Do list in the OP, I noticed that you might've forgotten to change/remove something:
    - Allow users to download new patches directly from within the program (Done for EN, working on Story Patch)
    Last edited by Maronji; May 20, 2013 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Missed a line or two that I meant to write.

Quote Originally Posted by Maronji View Post
    I never understood why some people run programs out of the compressed archive instead of extracting it first.
    So much faster and easier to just click it open, though! Also a lot of stuff is standalone, but yeah if it's got a whole directory tree in there then chances are you should probably wait a minute for it to copy over.

Also the OS could just open it as a "compressed folder" that looks near identical to normal uncompressed ones, depending on their unzipping programs installed.

Oh, and why doesn't the "always on top" option save?

It WAS working fine, but now it's throwing out random 403 forbidden errors. I think it's SEGA though, as the official patcher is messing up as well.
    Dang. Hopefully that gets resolved soon, as that's not fun for anyone, really.

You still can't download the story patch from inside the program. I'd like to change this, but until I implement a practical way to do so, it's gonna have to be "in the future".
    Oh. Okay. Just wanted to make sure. Come to think of it, re-reading it again, I guess something glazed over my thought process, so I'm not entirely sure why I felt the need to bring attention to that.

I guess staying up really late (aka until noon the next day, then sleeping for six hours) will do that to you.

Note to self: Stop staying up late.
    Last edited by Maronji; May 20, 2013 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Testing something. Does anyone even read these? I mean, seriously. EDIT: Never mind. Didn't work.

CREDITS:

The Redeemer - For showing me how to pull SEGA's secret ninja patchlists <3~