Page 473 of 684 FirstFirst ... 373423463470471472473474475476483523573 ... LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,730 of 6832

Hello AIDA. I'm having some problem with the story patch. It said that it can't find the file specified. Relocating and redownloading the tweaker didn't help. Thanks in advanced. postimg. org/image/c8cyu98tj/

PS: Since I'm new here, I can't post a link so remove the space please.

Hello AIDA, I'm having basically the same problem as X3ME over here. While downloading the story patch, I either get "Cannot find the file specified" error, or an "Access is denied" error. Both occur while downloading the Trans-Am tool.

Correction - [Access is denied] error only occurs during Trans-Am tool download. [Cannot find the file specified] error occurs while creating backup directory. Both errors only occur when getting english story patch installed (New Method)

Thank you for putting in the time to do this, we would be hopeless without you.
    Last edited by SHiFT-Di3S3L; Feb 13, 2015 at 06:26 AM.

Rappy Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Sycho Soldier View Post
    I was thinking about PSO2 today and i finally decided to try to get the game re-installed on my laptop tonight...I went to ark-layer to try to download the tweaker and to my surprise, i cannot download it. It was an unpleasant surprise, but i can understand if the download server is down. If the download server is down, do you have any idea when it will be back up and live?
    I am also having the same problem... I recently started playing PSO2 and all the guides were telling me to get AIDA's PSO2 Tweaker and they all link to Arks Layer. I tried to download from the Tweaker link but to no avail. It comes up with a message saying that Chrome has timed out try to reach the site. I am unsure as to what has happened, but this is mildly disheartening. Although I am able to still play the game, I feel I have lost a, perhaps not crucial, but important element that so much of the PSO2 community has poured their heart into making understandable for the Japanese impaired.

Sorry if tl;dr, but I was wondering if there was another way to get the Tweaker if the current way through the site is still unreachable. I will try again after I post this, hopefully just an issue on my end. It'd be a shame if other people were missing out on such a useful tool.

Rappy Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by sadpuppet View Post
    I am also having the same problem... I recently started playing PSO2 and all the guides were telling me to get AIDA's PSO2 Tweaker and they all link to Arks Layer. I tried to download from the Tweaker link but to no avail. It comes up with a message saying that Chrome has timed out try to reach the site. I am unsure as to what has happened, but this is mildly disheartening. Although I am able to still play the game, I feel I have lost a, perhaps not crucial, but important element that so much of the PSO2 community has poured their heart into making understandable for the Japanese impaired.

Sorry if tl;dr, but I was wondering if there was another way to get the Tweaker if the current way through the site is still unreachable. I will try again after I post this, hopefully just an issue on my end. It'd be a shame if other people were missing out on such a useful tool.
    Thank you. Seem that the issue has been resolved. Thank you very much. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by sadpuppet View Post
    Thank you. Seem that the issue has been resolved. Thank you very much. Thank you.
    Well its good to see that somebody can play now...i still cannot get the tweaker to download. Chrome says that the website is taking too long to respond, yet everything else will work just fine. I honestly do not know what is wrong. Please help, for I would really love to be able to play PSO2 again soon.

I would still prefer having the option of the old method or at least having a place to download the files myself. It is your tweaker though so do what you wish.

Guess this will be my go to place when I decide to reinstall the new method and have to report errors. Thanks for all your hard work though btw.

Edit - I should of took a screenshot. Didn't think that black box was going to vanish. Only 1 file error this time on file 688.

Edit 2 - Decided to reproduce it. The black marker is me hiding my name, thats all. 671 this time instead.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Vatallus; Feb 13, 2015 at 06:07 AM.

Well if it helps the antivirus I am running is Microsoft Security Essentials on Windows 7 Professional.

Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    Hey all - The Tweaker being unavailable to download was me doing some server upgrades.

EDIT: OH! I fixed the download when you click on the picture, but not the button. My mistake! I just fixed it~

Also, I'm working on the "cannot find the file" issue, but it looks like it's caused largely by new antivirus updates, claiming the Tweaker (and/or transam) are viruses. Try disabling antivirus/firewalls and seeing if it works, and let me know if it does. Thanks!

Also, I have to go to work, but I'll explain the reasoning behind forcing the new method later on. Sorry!
    Well, I can confirm that making an exception in the standard Windows Firewall just for the PSO2 Tweaker does not fix the "cannot find the file" error. While the transam.exe was running I made an exception for it as well. I'll rerun the story patcher when I have a chance and see if that fixes it.

Edit: Applying an exception for the transam.exe does not fix the issue of missing files.

I have noticed, though, each time I run the story patcher it comes up with different missing files. For example, in my first test (Tweaker exception) today file 688 was missing. In my second (the transam.exe exception) file 676 was missing.
    Last edited by Jonexe; Feb 13, 2015 at 11:52 AM.

Hi,

Firstly : Thank you aida ( and others ) for this tool.

(sorry posting restrictions, i can't post links yet -_- )

virustotal.com/en/file/125f0f8680f822abedb5794962255b7d0a5d87eb15c3a56d14 a77d21cca7115b/analysis/1423838576/

is the scan result of the tool called pso2-transam.exe.
    Detection ratio: 14 / 57 could be acceptable but all databases are detecting a trojan.

Could someone tell me what is the purpose of this exe please ?

For now , it's catched by some antivirus ( mine is avira ) so when the story patch is applied , it will be stuck in the middle of the process because of the transam tool being deleted by the antivirus.

Of course i can disable my antivirus but what if this tool is really infected ?

Is this a tool generated by aida ?

Since no old method can be applied , i'll go without this patch for now

Quote Originally Posted by ol!ve View Post
    Hi,

Firstly : Thank you aida ( and others ) for this tool.

(sorry posting restrictions, i can't post links yet -_- )

virustotal.com/en/file/125f0f8680f822abedb5794962255b7d0a5d87eb15c3a56d14 a77d21cca7115b/analysis/1423838576/

is the scan result of the tool called pso2-transam.exe.
    Detection ratio: 14 / 57 could be acceptable but all databases are detecting a trojan.

Could someone tell me what is the purpose of this exe please ?

For now , it's catched by some antivirus ( mine is avira ) so when the story patch is applied , it will be stuck in the middle of the process because of the transam tool being deleted by the antivirus.

Of course i can disable my antivirus but what if this tool is really infected ?

Is this a tool generated by aida ?

Since no old method can be applied , i'll go without this patch for now
    The transam.exe is the tool the Tweaker uses to apply the Story Patch. The Tweaker downloads a version of it, uses it to DL and install the patch, then appears to delete it.