Page 508 of 684 FirstFirst ... 8408458498505506507508509510511518558608 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,080 of 6832

Quote Originally Posted by TaintedEon View Post
    So in a strange turn of events...everything suddenly works fine now 0_0.

I have no idea what happened or what caused it in the first place...but I'll assume your response somehow made my Tweaker want to work right. :P

Haha thanks for trying anyways, I appreciate the speedy reply! :]
    Quote Originally Posted by RightfulFallen View Post
    Just felt like updating, I've gotten online and I'm loving the game! Thanks for all the help.
    Glad to hear it! See you guys in-game~ o/

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Tweaker hangs up every time when I try to enable Item Translation. Latest entry in log file says "Downloading latest item translation files... [OK!]" (no indications of error), but "[OK]" doesn't appear in Tweaker itself, and I can only force-close it from there.

The only notable thing that happened since last time it worked were Windows updates (I am using Windows 8.1 x64).
    Could you send me a copy of everything in your logfile.txt from the folder PSO2 Tweaker is in within a pastebin?

Quote Originally Posted by Korazenn View Post
    Could you send me a copy of everything in your logfile.txt from the folder PSO2 Tweaker is in within a pastebin?
    Here, but, as I said, it doesn't show anything about error.

This is a result when I go to orb menu and put a check on "Translate items". "Downloading..." message appears, Tweaker hangs. Then Windows proposes me to "restore", close or wait. If I click "restore", "[OK]" actually appears in Tweaker, but then it locks up again.

Upon next launch "Translate items" remains unchecked.

Also, I tried removing all translation files in pso2_bin, after that not even "Downloading..." appears in Tweaker (log is still same, though).

P.S.: "Input string has invalid format" when trying to change PSO2 settings is still a thing that nobody cares about? It's just a guess, but I bet it's because Tweaker tries to read some values using current system locale while data is saved in EN locale, or viсe versa. For example, setting file can have floating point values saved as "0.0", while with my locale setting Tweaker may expect "0,0". From there, all kinds of weird stuff can happen.
    Last edited by isCasted; Apr 18, 2015 at 05:00 AM.

The new method for checking PSO2 updates (since the prepatch prompted me to rebuild the win32 list file or something) makes me redownload 3.3k+ files, is this normal? I thought it'd like...just install whatever new updates it finds...

^It's still buggy? then use the old method one.
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur

Im trying to get my tweaker to work and I dont know what is wrong. I just started setting up for PSO2 and I got my Sega Id made and I could use some help. If anyone has the time to help me I would greatly appreciate it. Also its said it couldnt find pso2.exe, sorry if I sound like a complete noob guys this is my first time pc gaming an mmorpg and also its hard for me go through all this without having everything in english for me to read.

Here, but, as I said, it doesn't show anything about error.

This is a result when I go to orb menu and put a check on "Translate items". "Downloading..." message appears, Tweaker hangs. Then Windows proposes me to "restore", close or wait. If I click "restore", "[OK]" actually appears in Tweaker, but then it locks up again.

Upon next launch "Translate items" remains unchecked.

Also, I tried removing all translation files in pso2_bin, after that not even "Downloading..." appears in Tweaker (log is still same, though).

P.S.: "Input string has invalid format" when trying to change PSO2 settings is still a thing that nobody cares about? It's just a guess, but I bet it's because Tweaker tries to read some values using current system locale while data is saved in EN locale, or viсe versa. For example, setting file can have floating point values saved as "0.0", while with my locale setting Tweaker may expect "0,0". From there, all kinds of weird stuff can happen.
    This is all likely occurring because of the location you have PSO2 Tweaker in though it could also be an issue with trying to run it off a separate harddrive. Also, you really shouldn't place Tweaker in the same file directory as PSO2. If you have the space on your harddrive, the safest thing to do to ensure the game runs well is to do the following. But if you'd rather not, then you can also try placing the Tweaker folder in a different location on the harddrive as well (G:\Tweaker) first.

If you want to go with the safest method we know of storing both your game files and Tweaker and having them run seamlessly, please go through the following steps:

Go ahead and move the game folder "PHANTASYSTARONLINE2" to C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA. Then, take the "Tweaker" folder and move that to your Desktop.

Load up PSO2 Tweaker, let it run its initialization, and when it asks you to locate your pso2_bin, if it does, go ahead and find it. If not, you will need to go ahead and locate it yourself if the new file location isn't pointing to C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin. You can do this by going into the Orb Menu > Select pso2_bin... > Browse for the folder and select it. > OK.

Try to change the settings and download the item translation patch

Quote Originally Posted by emeraude View Post
    The new method for checking PSO2 updates (since the prepatch prompted me to rebuild the win32 list file or something) makes me redownload 3.3k+ files, is this normal? I thought it'd like...just install whatever new updates it finds...
    It's not normal, and I've noticed there are some people that still get this bug. AIDA is working on a fix for it, but you can in the meantime use the old method instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosKingxx View Post
    Im trying to get my tweaker to work and I dont know what is wrong. I just started setting up for PSO2 and I got my Sega Id made and I could use some help. If anyone has the time to help me I would greatly appreciate it. Also its said it couldnt find pso2.exe, sorry if I sound like a complete noob guys this is my first time pc gaming an mmorpg and also its hard for me go through all this without having everything in english for me to read.
    Replied to you in the Quick Questions and Answers thread. You can send a copy of the logfile.txt from the folder PSO2 Tweaker is located in through a pastebin URL here.

Quote Originally Posted by Korazenn View Post
    This is all likely occurring because of the location you have PSO2 Tweaker in though it could also be an issue with trying to run it off a separate harddrive. Also, you really shouldn't place Tweaker in the same file directory as PSO2. If you have the space on your harddrive, the safest thing to do to ensure the game runs well is to do the following. But if you'd rather not, then you can also try placing the Tweaker folder in a different location on the harddrive as well (G:\Tweaker) first.
    Sorry if I'm going to sound like a dick, but
    Spoiler!

As I already said, my game worked perfectly fine, and patches always installed well. My PSO2 folder structure looked like that for almost a year, and up until now I never had any issues. Note that the problem is only with item translation, game itself works just fine, there's no problem with precede data or other patches either.

...But I moved PSO2 and Tweaker's folders anyway (because magic is a thing in software engineering), and it didn't help. Later, I noticed that patches and Tweaker update (I tried reinstalling Tweaker too) download really slow. I tried loading up VPN, start downloads and run SpeedTest with US servers, and all of those connections either get arbitrary limit of 512 Kbps or fail. So, it's actually my ISP messing up again.

I actually noticed long ago that Tweaker locks up until whole item translation patch downloads (which is not a thing for other patches). I figured that it was an arbitrary decision to skip "framing" it into another thread, because that download was never too long (0.5 seconds at most), but now it causes a problem.

Anyway, thanks for trying.

And please don't ignore another issue I listed. If my guess is right, it's fixed literally by half a LOC

Ok I dont know if it is my tweaker or the way I set up the files or whatever but my stuff isnt working so is there anyone who would be willing to do a skype chatr later to help me assort my stuff. I already registered my sega ID so all that is left is getting the game to work.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosKingxx View Post
    Ok I dont know if it is my tweaker or the way I set up the files or whatever but my stuff isnt working so is there anyone who would be willing to do a skype chatr later to help me assort my stuff. I already registered my sega ID so all that is left is getting the game to work.
    Sure thing~

I'll PM you my Skype info for you to add me.

Sorry if I'm going to sound like a dick, but I figured I'd get response like this, because you asked me to post log file... It's just... It sounded like those responses from ISP call center operators. You know, those who ask client to try restarting their router even after client says that he did all the tests and figured out the issue himself, and just needs a technician guy to apply a fix. "Client is an idiot by default" is a big thing in that kind of call centers.

...Eh, nevermind, it's just a common thing.
    So, you resort to being a smart-ass in the entirety of your post when all you had to do was say: "I found the solution to my problem [proceed to explain what you did], but thank you very much for the help anyways!"

Because from the vague information you gave us from before, I should apparently assume that a) you did do all the tests you could to determine what issue could have been causing it, b) your game is working and you have all other patches installed, no problem, c) that you just got a new ISP and have had issues in the past with them, and d) that you've had Tweaker and PSO2 installed in that same location for over a year when I'm only trying to help you by first understanding your situation.

Last I checked, I'm not a mind reader and neither is anyone else at a call center. I can't sit there with you and see what is going on with your end unless I was actually there with you, so I need information to determine the problem as a result. In fact, people at a call center get more information within their infrastructure that they can sort through to find the source of your problems when it deals with software-based issues that they can either replicate or see the errors the software issues out itself under a client's account at times as well. I don't have anything of the sort but my 'working' version of PSO2 Tweaker.

You found that it is your ISP giving you problems and thusly proceed to take out on someone trying to help you, and to top it off, this isn't even an actual job but I treat it that way. I'm taking my own personal time to spend helping people. When you give me no information or lead regarding any type of ISP problems you've had in the past, how am I supposed to know it was your ISP in the first place? But, by all means, please continue to shoot down the guy that was doing his best to try and help you.

As I already said, my game worked perfectly fine, and patches always installed well.
    You never said anything about the game working well. So, apparently, I have to read your mind on that as well.

My PSO2 folder structure looked like that for almost a year, and up until now I never had any issues. Note that the problem is only with item translation, game itself works just fine, there's no problem with precede data or other patches either.
    You also never mentioned this in either of your previous posts.

...But I moved PSO2 and Tweaker's folders anyway (because magic is a thing in software engineering), and it didn't help. Later, I noticed that patches and Tweaker update (I tried reinstalling Tweaker too) download really slow. I tried loading up VPN, start downloads and run SpeedTest with US servers, and all of those connections either get arbitrary limit of 512 Kbps or fail. So, it's actually my ISP messing up again.

I actually noticed long ago that Tweaker locks up until whole item translation patch downloads (which is not a thing for other patches). I figured that it was an arbitrary decision to skip "framing" it into another thread, because that download was never too long (0.5 seconds at most), but now it causes a problem.

Anyway, thanks for trying.
    That last line has a sarcastic inflection to t as well. If you found the issue being your ISP, that's fine. But you never even gave me an ounce of information that would lead to that being the cause of your problems.

Kudos to you for finding the solution, but from now on, if you need any help you can wait until AIDA gets around to helping you, if she wants to and has the time to herself. I'll help other people who are actually appreciative of the work we do in the meantime.

And please don't ignore another issue I listed. If my guess is right, it's fixed literally by half a LOC
    So you think that that silent jab towards AIDA and myself by what you said here is any better?

Tell you what: As you seem to think we do nothing but sit on our asses and stare at each other all day long, we'll continue to do so to you until someone else who willingly seeks our aid and respects what we do actually needs or wants our assistance. Until then, we'll continue to keep dragging our asses on it because that's apparently what you think we do.

Really wonder if that could be your ISP, too...why don't you fix it? I mean...you being the smart-ass you are should be tech-savvy enough to fix the issue on your end, right?!

As for any future problems you in particular have, isCasted, you seem to be smart enough to handle those yourself as well. Good luck with that! o7