Page 542 of 684 FirstFirst ... 42442492532539540541542543544545552592642 ... LastLast
Results 5,411 to 5,420 of 6832

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Sol View Post
    Malwarebytes blocks ddraw.dll upon starting the game, but ddraw.dll itself seems to delete it itself regardless shortly before the game runs. What is it for exactly?
    It is used by PSO2 Tweaker to load translator.dll into PSO2.exe's process space, which does the 2 things: RSA change for proxy support and hijacking ItemManager for EN item names

You may want to tell Malwarebytes to allow PSO2 Tweaker's ddraw.dll to be saved if want Proxy/Item Name support

Quote Originally Posted by Alam View Post
    It is used by PSO2 Tweaker to load translator.dll into PSO2.exe's process space, which does the 2 things: RSA change for proxy support and hijacking ItemManager for EN item names

You may want to tell Malwarebytes to allow PSO2 Tweaker's ddraw.dll to be saved if want Proxy/Item Name support
    Is that a temporary file perchance? I don't have the item translation issues myself, but can't even find neither a ddraw.dll or translator.dll

Quote Originally Posted by Tyroki View Post
    Is that a temporary file perchance? I don't have the item translation issues myself, but can't even find neither a ddraw.dll or translator.dll
    yes, it is temporary file, to stop programs that is not PSO2 to load the fake ddraw.dll (DirectX DirectDraw) DLL

you really do not want to see a game overlay program load the fake DLL and the whole video output goes in "8-bit" mode, it is not fun to watch

and you did look in pso2_bin folder, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Alam View Post
    yes, it is temporary file, to stop programs that is not PSO2 to load the fake ddraw.dll (DirectX DirectDraw) DLL

you really do not want to see a game overlay program load the fake DLL and the whole video output goes in "8-bit" mode, it is not fun to watch

and you did look in pso2_bin folder, right?
    Found translator.dll
    I assume the 'translation' file goes with it.

Now the big question: Would sending these files to my friend help?

Has anyone had issues w/ the story patch since the latest update?

I've been getting "stuck" on any NPC since the new updates when I apply the story patch. Basically once you select talk or select a client order the speech bubbles don't appear/load. The game is still running fine as everything else is running, u can still "chat" and people are still running around, my mag is still floating in place. But I'm literally frozen in place since it's waiting for the NPC to "talk" back to me but it never does...

Quote Originally Posted by RocK_M View Post
    Has anyone had issues w/ the story patch since the latest update?

I've been getting "stuck" on any NPC since the new updates when I apply the story patch. Basically once you select talk or select a client order the speech bubbles don't appear/load. The game is still running fine as everything else is running, u can still "chat" and people are still running around, my mag is still floating in place. But I'm literally frozen in place since it's waiting for the NPC to "talk" back to me but it never does...
    i have the same issue, and the weird thing is, i uninstalled the story patch and it still happens

i don't have the english patch installed - maybe some of the chat got moved to the english patch, and now the story patch broke things? i dunno - it's a little annoying, since i know exactly what two npcs can trigger this for me: purin (pudding? xq passes) and clotho (clear 3 xq's)

worst case i'd just have to reinstall
    ウル・inactive
    M Human | M Human | F Newman | F Cast

^Try do 'check for missing/deleted files' option from troubleshooting. Reinstall the game is not the best choice (in fact, the worst choice, as most of the issue can be fixed via the options available.)

I'm still using my copy of PSO2 from 2013, which was from a long-gone laptop lol, and it still work fine.
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur

Quote Originally Posted by KazukiQZ View Post
    ^Try do 'check for missing/deleted files' option from troubleshooting. Reinstall the game is not the best choice (in fact, the worst choice, as most of the issue can be fixed via the options available.)

I'm still using my copy of PSO2 from 2013, which was from a long-gone laptop lol, and it still work fine.
    already did that, and i did say it was my worst case
    nothing's changed, and i'm pretty sure it may be related to the story patch interfering with the game without the english patch installed

well, i'll just see what else i can troubleshoot; i pretty much tried all options
    ウル・inactive
    M Human | M Human | F Newman | F Cast

Quote Originally Posted by dark nova View Post
    i have the same issue, and the weird thing is, i uninstalled the story patch and it still happens

i don't have the english patch installed - maybe some of the chat got moved to the english patch, and now the story patch broke things? i dunno - it's a little annoying, since i know exactly what two npcs can trigger this for me: purin (pudding? xq passes) and clotho (clear 3 xq's)

worst case i'd just have to reinstall
    The game works fine on my end once i removed the patch.

Did you try the following -
    Redownload Original Jp Files
    then do a
    Check for PSO2 Updates (the other version not the "new" version)

It should check your current files and ReDL the files corrupted/needed to reset to vanilla. AFAIK the 3 patches are independant anyway. I've been running the game no issues w/ just the story patch since I'm fine w/ most of the menus and ship NPC stuff in Jp... I just can't do it for the dialogues and stuff for Story sections xD

That being said... gah now I have to put my MB quests on hold again. I want the story patch! xD

PSO2 and Gamemon and killing my internet, sigh thus i cant play PSO2 anymore.
    Last edited by Hucast-Kireek; Sep 8, 2015 at 05:11 PM.